Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-09 17:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Carbuncle.Lolserj said: »
I want to make an X deck but im not sure how I would go about doing that :|

Red deck pretty ... lol my favorite few cards from red that own that situation are as follows:

Card 1
Card 2 (not a pay x card but meh it is at same time...)
Card 3 (another dragon with a nice crowd control ability again)
Card 4 (It's kind of a meh card... but has it's uses if you can attack it to a first strike creature with an ability that literally makes them block that creature)
Card 5 (Nice for quick hit burn decks with the low obligatory cost and devastating when in late game too)
Card 6
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Card 7
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Just to name a few, there's others out there. A few of them that I could have named are very similar to other cards with a slight difference. You will need a way to get mana out your hand fast which is rare for Red deck to come across those cards. I did have a card... I remember selling it or trading it for something though, which let you pick a colorless or color of your choice mana for each life you lose. *Was an enchantment that was Rare I got back in like... ooh god.. I feel old.. 2002?* can't even remember the pack set it was released with..

yeah i'll have to do something like this
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-01-09 17:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
dunno why, i thought this tread was beer related :/

lol... funny you say that.. I thought this thread was either about Miller Genuine Draft at first but the T didn't makes sense, so I was like... OOH magic..
exactly!
Bahamut.Serj said: »

[-]
:(
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-09 17:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

dunno why, i thought this tread was beer related :/

lol... funny you say that.. I thought this thread was either about Miller Genuine Draft at first but the T didn't makes sense, so I was like... OOH magic..
exactly!

[-]
:(

This pretty much says go *** your couch *** to your blue eyes
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-01-09 17:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, this is making me want to go find all my old cards. I started playing right before 4th edition came out and stopped around 2000. Time to see if they are worth anything now, lol
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-09 17:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to build a deck around:

Shirei

Using things like Pentavus

And Thopter Squadron

And probably modular creatures and Disciple of the Vaults and Moriok Riggers

Oh, Spawning Pit is essential too.

Bottle gnomes, stuff like that.

Thoughts?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-09 17:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said: »
Wow, this is making me want to go find all my old cards. I started playing right before 4th edition came out and stopped around 2000. Time to see if they are worth anything now, lol

If you have any Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, or Extended beasts, yea, they're worth a lot.

Not looking forward to the time I go get 4 Sinkholes ;-;
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-09 17:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to build a deck around:

Shirei

Using things like Pentavus

And Thopter Squadron

And probably modular creatures and Disciples of the Vault and Mordick Riggers.

Oh, Spawning Pit is essential too.

Bottle gnomes, stuff like that.

Thoughts?

God I hate you serj... give me a min.. I'll get out my *** cards... /lesigh..... I'll give you a few cards that belong in that deck
By mortontony1 2012-01-09 17:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a pretty beastly W/G aura deck focused mainly on this and this
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-09 17:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »

why not these
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-09 17:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ik what you are thinking... ooh these are all simplistic cards.. yeah but they will play well with your deck to really feed into a monster and well... you will see once you look at the rod.

Wall of junk is there to help take blows while you are building them *** up. *edit*
By mortontony1 2012-01-09 17:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

why not these

Sweet Christ.

Edit: The only one I would seriously consider in this current deck would be the center one. It's a very low cost deck, highest is 4 maybe? I also have a play set of pacifism, arrest, and guard duty just to be an ***.
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-09 17:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

why not these

Sweet Christ.

my enchantment deck (its all in my binder atm) runs with gnarlids and those and then a bunch of random enchantments
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-09 17:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

when/if i decide to throw it together again im getting a few of these
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-09 18:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ik what you are thinking... ooh these are all simplistic cards.. yeah but they will play well with your deck to really feed into a monster and well... you will see once you look at the rod.

Wall of junk is there to help take blows while you are building them *** up. *edit*

Well, that's kinda what my deck does. It will have other modular creatures in there, I already have a bunch. Stuff like Archbound Crusher (whenever another artifact comes in to play, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Modular 3, 4 mana, has trample.)

---

Another deck that I have partly made, I'm thinking about putting these in.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=73558

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Freed%20from%20the%20Real

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Grimoire%20Thief

Very cheap and easy infinite mill combo.
[+]
By mortontony1 2012-01-09 18:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With totem armor, if I have a creature with 2 auras each with totem armor, do I get to pick which aura gets destroyed? Or does totem armor activate at the same time for all of them?
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-09 18:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's kinda what my deck does. It will have other modular creatures in there, I already have a bunch. Stuff like Archbound Crusher (whenever another artifact comes in to play, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Modular 3, 4 mana, has trample.)

---

Another deck that I have partly made, I'm thinking about putting these in.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=73558

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Freed%20from%20the%20Real

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Grimoire%20Thief

Very cheap and easy infinite mill combo.

Yeah not a bad idea but you saw what I was doing with the rod of ruins right? Also why I chose those? I'm sure there's some other thing you can use besides rod of ruins, but atm that's all I think of off hand and what I saw in my artifact cards that would work with that. I wasn't huge on artifact decks.

^edited If you are gonna add water in with it which I didn't think about till now. I'll throw out a few more cards for ya to think about.
By Eugene 2012-01-09 18:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

With totem armor, if I have a creature with 2 auras each with totem armor, do I get to pick which aura gets destroyed? Or does totem armor activate at the same time for all of them?
i know it doesn't activate all at the same time, but there may be a priority to which one is removed

Edit: your choice
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-09 18:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No no, different deck. The 0/0 artifact / beefy / token deck is only black/artifact. And on the note of rod of ruin, I'll just be sacrificing creatures when needed. Will have a few things to do that with as well.

The discard is going in with my blue discard counter deck.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-09 18:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Eugene said: »

i know it doesn't activate all at the same time, but there may be a priority to which one is removed

Oracle ruling

Quote:
If a permanent you control is enchanted with multiple Auras that have totem armor, and the enchanted permanent would be destroyed, one of those Auras is destroyed instead -- but only one of them. You choose which one because you control the enchanted permanent.
By Eugene 2012-01-09 18:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Interestingly enough, the mtg dotp 2012 doesn't follow those rules. iirc it removes whichever armor was placed first.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-09 18:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe throw in a few high tides I'm guessing you will need it. While your deck is made to act fast and build mill combo.. you will need a bit of mana to really make use of it. A levitation might help you as well, or hurt you depending what you are going for. An "old" version of powersink is def gonna help ya out a lot when used in conjunction with hightide. Index will help get your combos come out cleaner. Frozen solid is a simple card but helps, it's similar to shackles. The last thing I can think of that will be helpful is confiscate. It's a nice little card.

*read it to late* ^edit so yeah sorry ; ;
By Eugene 2012-01-09 18:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

that rod of ruin is extremely costly compared to other targeted dmg abilities on other cards. ;/
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-09 18:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Eugene said: »
that rod of ruin is extremely costly compared to other targeted dmg abilities on other cards. ;/

Meh yeah like I said atm it was all I could think of at that time. most the other ones I thought of were opponent only.
By Eugene 2012-01-09 18:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

to be fair, a lot of the ones i was thinking of were red
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-09 18:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Another good sacrifice card for artifacts, since mana-burn no longer happens.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=51633
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-09 18:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Another good sacrifice card for artifacts, since mana-burn no longer happens.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=51633

Yeah I forgot about that.. tbh a lot of the newer ***though I'm not up with atm. I haven't *** with magic in like 3+ years. I want to, atm my only MTG fix is on xbox lolol..
By Eugene 2012-01-09 18:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

last expansion i played was in the mirrodin cycle, maybe mirrodin or darksteel, i don't think i got to fifth dawn

since mana-burn no longer happens.
really? that's lame, do you happen to know the particular reason for its removal? it's part of the game's lore, especially during the dark, so i'm kinda surprised
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-09 18:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Q: I heard somebody talking about "mana burn". What's that?
A: Before the Magic 2010 rules changes, when mana disappeared from your mana pool, you lost life equal to the amount of mana lost this way; this was called "mana burn".

Mana burn wasn't very common, because most of the time players produce only as much mana as they need as they need it, but it sometimes came up when a spell or ability added a fixed amount of mana to their mana pool and they weren't able to spend all of it. However, you don't have to worry about that, because mana burn is no longer a part of the game.

All I can find on it easily.
 Valefor.Thioo
Server: Valefor
user: Thio
By Valefor.Thioo 2012-01-09 19:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No no, different deck. The 0/0 artifact / beefy / token deck is only black/artifact. And on the note of rod of ruin, I'll just be sacrificing creatures when needed. Will have a few things to do that with as well.

Easy way to sac artifacts is with an Atog or an Archbound Ravager, they are usually part of an artifact affinity deck. if you don't play competitively throw some Disciple of the Vaults and run like full artifact lands.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-09 19:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Thioo said: »

Easy way to sac artifacts is with an Atog or an Archbound Ravager, they are usually part of an artifact affinity deck. if you don't play competitively throw some Disciple of the Vaults and run like full artifact lands.

Well, that's my tournament deck. Sans Ravager, uses Atog. Ravager is still 20$ each, so I just threw in Atog and basically get the same end.

This deck is just a recurring graveyard bounce deck with creatures that sac for something or sac them to bounce them for different stuff. Shirei is needed, but with 4x and draw cards / plunge into darkness, it's easy enough to dig around for them. Only constraint is 1 power or less.

Basically just a fun deck. I already have my artifact affinity Atog deck with disciples.

Edit: With Karak-Clan Ironworks, you get enough mana to fund Pentavus / Thopter Squadron to spam out tokens to beef them up. Along with Arcbound Crusher that beefs up every single time an artifact comes in, and Morodik Riggers that beef up every time something bounces to the graveyard.

Spawning pit is just another method to sac things to pump out more tokens if need be.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12