users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Post 99 Samurai
Post 99 Samurai
By javelinx 2012-01-03 14:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
javelinx said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'm throwing this out there because I'm not seeing where it's inferior to the sets I'm seeing. This is what I've been sung for TP phase. It's one more Store TP and 26 hate over 25. More acc, largely similar in most ways. Just a swap of two pieces, really. But I’ve only ever seen one other person using it and I am – as I’ve admitted many times – terrible at game math or even trying to fiddle with the spreadsheets and programs out there that calculate this stuff.

But on the surface I don’t see how it’s not a superior set.

Go ahead and blast me on an obvious deficiency if I’m missing it, but the only thing I can see lacking is the Hasso boost, and I’m not sure how that maths out at this point. But at worst it’s superior for a Seigan-up set unless, as stated, I’m missing something glaringly obvious.

You know I forgot all about bustle dirs lol, can't find anything wrong with this build tbh, caps haste, and hits the 5 hit stp numbers you would need. with kaiten aftermath factored in you could take off rose strap for pole grip (for scenario's where you're starting off with a ws, like VW where you meditate a couple times before the fight even starts.inb4 kaiten haters lol, I still get high/more consistent numbers using kaiten vs shoha on most endgame)
The part where this build falls behind is with hasso up. Unless you have capped magic haste as well a dnc with 5/5 samba merits you are comparing 25% to 25%+2.5% haste

agreed, still a great set for when seigan needs to be up (although don't like the -85hp personally, but meh)
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-01-03 15:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not the one that brought up Ogier's anyway, someone asked if Og's was good to use if they didn't have ace's, in which case yes, yes it is.

Ogier and af+2 helm fall behind zelus and af+2 body.
By javelinx 2012-01-03 15:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough, but still an option, and you can still cap haste and hit your 5 hit (or close enough with 1 or 2 tics regain)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/234153
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-03 15:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
agreed, still a great set for when seigan needs to be up (although don't like the -85hp personally, but meh)

I tend to have Seigan up more than most folks for a variety of reasons, so I admit I don’t factor Hasso into most of the decisions I make. I put it up when I’m not taking damage or when I’m two-box curing myself. But that’s just so seldom in the situations I end up playing samurai; otherwise I just end up feeling bad for my healers. Or cursing them when they let me die. One or the other.

I've been trying to figure out a way to work Bustle and/or Bullwhip out of my wheelhouse all together, but not quite there yet.

Edit: Also, I readily admit. I don't use Spellcast. So I tend to all-in-one as much as possible when I can. I realize it's somewhat "gimp," but I find Spellcast to be entirely too frustrating to deal with most of the time.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-03 15:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotin said: »
Cause i think mine is better, simple. It is not possible to activate overwhelm all times i wont use this body to lose a lot of STR and attack half the time and Ganesha mala(comparable to ~6% double attack) in TP set is better than 1% haste especially nowadays with all these 1-4 hits to 100 TP after WS.

They are closer then I first thought. With no buffs but Haste they are just about equal (296.029 vs 296.396), add march/marches and my set pulls ahead. (456.031 vs 449.679)Assuming identical WS gear.

Add in Saotome+2a and no OW proc and your setup is 1% (291.198 vs 296.399)better then mine with just haste and they are equal with marches. (449.752 vs 449.679)

If OW does proc and I use my standard TP set my set is 12% better then yours with just haste (332.629 vs 296.399)and 7% better with marches. (484.065 vs 449.679)If OW procs and I switch to my alt set I'm 12% better with just haste(334.724 vs 296.399) and 9% better with marchs. (490.402 vs 449.679)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-01-03 15:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'm throwing this out there because I'm not seeing where it's inferior to the sets I'm seeing. This is what I've been sung for TP phase. It's one more Store TP and 26 hate over 25. More acc, largely similar in most ways. Just a swap of two pieces, really. But I’ve only ever seen one other person using it and I am – as I’ve admitted many times – terrible at game math or even trying to fiddle with the spreadsheets and programs out there that calculate this stuff.

But on the surface I don’t see how it’s not a superior set.

Go ahead and blast me on an obvious deficiency if I’m missing it, but the only thing I can see lacking is the Hasso boost, and I’m not sure how that maths out at this point. But at worst it’s superior for a Seigan-up set unless, as stated, I’m missing something glaringly obvious.

You know I forgot all about bustle dirs lol, can't find anything wrong with this build tbh, caps haste, and hits the 5 hit stp numbers you would need. with kaiten aftermath factored in you could take off rose strap for pole grip (for scenario's where you're starting off with a ws, like VW where you meditate a couple times before the fight even starts.inb4 kaiten haters lol, I still get high/more consistent numbers using kaiten vs shoha on most endgame)
The part where this build falls behind is with hasso up. Unless you have capped magic haste as well a dnc with 5/5 samba merits you are comparing 25% to 25%+2.5% haste

Well thank you for posting this set. I was seriously wondering what would be decent without needing anything from Voidwatch and this has brought me some hope :p
By Rikura 2012-01-03 16:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me if I'm overlooking something, but why do people use:

Set 1: Zelus Tiara, Unkai Domaru +2, Misuuchi Kappa, Bullwhip Belt
= 17 Attack, 17 Accuracy, 7 GKT Skill, Enhance Zanshin
Total: 24 Attack, 23 Accuracy, Enhance Zanshin

instead of

Set 2: Unkai Kabuto +2, Ace's Mail, Atheling Mantle, Goading Belt
= 18STR, 7DEX, 32 Attack, 12 Accuracy
Total: 45 Attack, 17 Accuracy

(same stp/haste/DA--assume the rest of the gear is the same for 5-hit)

Barring certain fights where accuracy is not capped (i.e. certain VW T6 fights), wouldn't set 2 be better?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-03 17:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Rikura said: »
Forgive me if I'm overlooking something, but why do people use: Set 1: Zelus Tiara, Unkai Domaru +2, Misuuchi Kappa, Bullwhip Belt = 17 Attack, 17 Accuracy, 7 GKT Skill, Enhance Zanshin Total: 24 Attack, 23 Accuracy, Enhance Zanshin instead of Set 2: Unkai Kabuto +2, Ace's Mail, Atheling Mantle, Goading Belt = 18STR, 7DEX, 32 Attack, 12 Accuracy Total: 45 Attack, 17 Accuracy (same stp/haste/DA--assume the rest of the gear is the same for 5-hit) Barring certain fights where accuracy is not capped (i.e. certain VW T6 fights), wouldn't set 2 be better?

With Hasso up the Enhanced Zanshin makes AF3+2 body the best TP piece by far. (3% Zanhasso when paired with Unkai earring) DA damage with TA(ish) the TP.

With Seigan up I swap in AF3+2 head and Ace's.
 Ragnarok.Karaek
Server: Ragnarok
user: karaek
By Ragnarok.Karaek 2012-01-03 17:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me if I'm overlooking something, but why do people use:

Set 1: Zelus Tiara, Unkai Domaru +2, Misuuchi Kappa, Bullwhip Belt
= 17 Attack, 17 Accuracy, 7 GKT Skill, Enhance Zanshin
Total: 24 Attack, 23 Accuracy, Enhance Zanshin

instead of

Set 2: Unkai Kabuto +2, Ace's Mail, Atheling Mantle, Goading Belt
= 18STR, 7DEX, 32 Attack, 12 Accuracy
Total: 45 Attack, 17 Accuracy

(same stp/haste/DA--assume the rest of the gear is the same for 5-hit)

Barring certain fights where accuracy is not capped (i.e. certain VW T6 fights), wouldn't set 2 be better?
This was covered in the Tachi :Shoha thread, the 1st set was being used by taint and the 2nd set by myself, taints set edges mine marginally apparently due to zanhasso, whereas my set won when hasso wasnt up, but meh i still prefer the atk lol
By Rikura 2012-01-03 17:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, right! Keep forgetting Zanshin can proc (with Hasso) even when you don't miss. This was updated somewhat recently right?
By javelinx 2012-01-03 18:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

indeed, and the increase is very noticeable if you stack zanshin gear actually, which is why I lean towards unkai ear/ace's hands/unkai back with hasso up (granted the hands aren't very viable for non-relic 437 delay weapons), same with stacking zanshin gear and unkai kabuto+2 for seigan, it's very noticeable when tanking using 3rd eye.
 Asura.Hotin
Server: Asura
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2012-01-03 18:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, right! Keep forgetting Zanshin can proc (with Hasso) even when you don't miss. This was updated somewhat recently right?

Yes its crazy with Ikishoten lvl 4-5.