THF/DNC V. NW Apollyon

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » THF/DNC v. NW Apollyon
THF/DNC v. NW Apollyon
By aperture 2011-12-22 11:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got done with my first NW limbus run as a THF/DNC. Yielded 28-33 coins depending on if I killed the last behemoth before I was disconnected from the emergency maintenance. My question is has anyone soloed either Kaiser or Cynoprospi as THF/DNC? I think Kaiser could be done with 5/5 stutter step on for high stun rate. Exenterator also does does a ton of dmg with 5/5 and the acc down is lifesaving. Not to sure about the Wyrm though. Has anyone here been able to successfully solo that and maybe the ram NM too?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-12-22 11:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the behemoth is immune to stun? I think you could do it by just plain stabbing at him to interrupt. I did this with a friend at 90, THF and me DNC, duo'd all the NMs, everything. We just kept stabbing at the behemoth and weaponskilling when he was casting but usually just stabbing interrupted him, I don't think he's ever had the chance to get meteor off the 4 runs we did.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By aperture 2011-12-22 11:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess melee can interrupt him easily enough, thats good. Do you remember how accurate the Wyrm was? I may just fight his tail with full eva and have my finger over violent flourish, hoping for the best.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2011-12-22 11:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

just a question.. if your 99 now..( a friend said he needed his boxer mantle)... is it easier to do limbus solo now??
By aperture 2011-12-22 11:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neonracer said: »
just a question.. if your 99 now..( a friend said he needed his boxer mantle)... is it easier to do limbus solo now??

Well it depends what job you plan to solo with. I'm sure nin/dnc, blu and bst would do just fine. As THF/DNC I pretty much destroyed all the NW standard mobs. Even when I linked 3 buffalos on the second floor I was able to keep myself above 700 HP the whole time. Exenterator was doing a solid 900-1400 damage. not to mention my dnc sub is still 47.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2011-12-22 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can solo it.
He is indeed inmune to stun, but he's easily interrupted with melee attacks.
The problem is thunderbolt + meteor combo, and looks like he likes to do that a lot. Since thunderbolt stun last a while you won't be able to interrupt him on time, as you will probably be still stuned when his meteor lands.
Thunderbolt alone doesn't do much damage, but meteor is still dangerous.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 11:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't bother stunning the Kaiser Behemoth's Meteor on DNC. Fulltimed Saber Dance / Haste Samba. Interrupted it every time. Thunderbolt doesn't do much damage.

From previous runs where Meteor got through, it does less than 800.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [660 days between previous and next post]
By snakeplisken 2013-10-12 12:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I just soloed him the other night Thf/Dnc. Had Fajiin boots on so was ready to run on each meteor. I'm taru so the meteor if landed can kill me. I had alot of mdt gear on and twilight neck on just incase he did thunderbolt which he did once and did around 900 damage. Did get kill though.
By Pantafernando 2013-10-12 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

snakeplisken said: »
I just soloed him the other night Thf/Dnc. Had Fajiin boots on so was ready to run on each meteor. I'm taru so the meteor if landed can kill me. I had alot of mdt gear on and twilight neck on just incase he did thunderbolt which he did once and did around 900 damage. Did get kill though.

nah.
you dont need to run.
behemoth can be stunned easily.
would be more worried about that dragon before that floor.
That mfer sometimes one shot even with skirmish gear...
edit: good necro
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-12 13:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because you're bad and don't know how wyrms work. Try not standing in his face or on his tail?lol
By Pantafernando 2013-10-12 14:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
That's because you're bad and don't know how wyrms work. Try not standing in his face or on his tail?lol

I will skip your judgment about my skills.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-12 14:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you said it was one shotting, there is only 1 or 2 ways that could have happened. Low defense+spike flail, or face dragon breath at high hp. I figured anyone who hasn't started playing in the last couple months would know wyrm mechanics.
By Pantafernando 2013-10-12 15:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Well you said it was one shotting, there is only 1 or 2 ways that could have happened. Low defense+spike flail, or face dragon breath at high hp. I figured anyone who hasn't started playing in the last couple months would know wyrm mechanics.

Your problem is that youre "figuring" too much.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Server: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2013-10-12 15:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

aperture said: »
So I just got done with my first NW limbus run as a THF/DNC. Yielded 28-33 coins depending on if I killed the last behemoth before I was disconnected from the emergency maintenance. My question is has anyone soloed either Kaiser or Cynoprospi as THF/DNC? I think Kaiser could be done with 5/5 stutter step on for high stun rate. Exenterator also does does a ton of dmg with 5/5 and the acc down is lifesaving. Not to sure about the Wyrm though. Has anyone here been able to successfully solo that and maybe the ram NM too?

if your looking to just farm Coins, i can avg 65-70coins in NE apollyon on MNK, THF yields about the same, but i have no magic attacks to kill the gigas on THF.