Equipment??

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Equipment??
Equipment??
By Eluveitie 2011-12-19 05:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So after playing a long time BST i decided it was time for another pet job and decided to give PUP a chance. However Idon't plan on abyssea key whoring or anything of the lazy sort, rather solo the job entirely and really learn it. But when I go to the AH it seems...lacking in the armor dpt. esp. accessories. What sorts of things are good for PUP at low level? Seems like SE completely forgot PUP in it's lowbie gear selections.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-19 05:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1) not really.. r/ex stuff is nice. i used the 15 salvage pants for awhile. 2) how is "soloing the job entirely" gonna give you a better grip than just reading the wiki page on "overload" and exping in parties? Ya don't need to bash abyssea because it's fast exp :P. Pup is complicated but its not THAT hard to pick up.

As far as your gear, most of it is mage stuff because pup was intended to be used /mage at first to help heal while DD'ing with auto and master. It has since evolved into a DD job, and by the time that happened, most people had it leveled. really there isn't much gear for ANY job that low. Most of the "dunes" level stuff you wear on most jobs don't have amazing stats on them...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-19 05:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup is a very good evasion tank and when leveling it I geared towards that almost entirely. Battle gloves...those white pants whose name I can't remember...are all good pieces, but yeah there isn't a very wide choice for the job untile 60ish level when you can use Cobra set.
Get buffoon's collar and use it as a maneuver macro piece(never tp in that and puppetry dastanas, only macro them and blink like a christmas tree).
[+]
By Eluveitie 2011-12-19 06:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of the solo aspect too is parties annoy me alot esp low lvl. jobs like BST and PUP are my "GTFO my face i don't wanna deal with ppl atm" jobs :p