Is Shijin Worthwhile For PUP?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Is Shijin worthwhile for PUP?
Is Shijin worthwhile for PUP?
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2011-12-16 09:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I gather Stringing Pummel is a great WS anyway.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-16 09:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was very good before nerf, I don't know now though. SP is awesome, if they nerfed it too much...bleh.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-16 14:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in abyssea, Crit WS is always going to win. But I was doing 4k with Berserk up and gorget/belt. Outside, I would think that it'd be better than the other WSs, but Victory Smite (if you have Vere) would grant aftermath. Could just Smite > Shijin for a light skillchain though! >:o

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with any of these WSs save for the amount of EXP needed to fully upgrade them. Most people just specialize in a few jobs despite how many they have leveled. Damage on the ones I've seen are reasonable. And I don't get why people expect to put one merit into a Weapon Skill and have it out do an Empy WS...
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-12-16 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

stringing pummel is still outperforming shijin for me inside and outside, but my DEX ws gear is meh and shijin is only lvl 4 so far.
i'm wondering about the proc rate on plague tho, that would actually be pretty sexy
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-16 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
stringing pummel is still outperforming shijin for me inside and outside, but my DEX ws gear is meh and shijin is only lvl 4 so far.
i'm wondering about the proc rate on plague tho, that would actually be pretty sexy

So far I've always had Plauge proc. Only lasted for a short while, but it's a 5 tic Plauge so kinda useful if you're eva tanking something solo and want to limit the target's TP usage :x

As for Pummel vs Shijin outside, Pummel would be a bit higher in damage depending on the crit rates (I was only 3/5 when I was fighting statues in sky; havn't played with 5/5 yet. Changed to DRG to get Skydiver merits done D: 11 merits left to get and I'm soooo tired qq.) But Shijin was more consistant and was always high damage (1800~2000)
 Sylph.Alcadias
Server: Sylph
user: Equinoxx
By Sylph.Alcadias 2011-12-16 14:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

so does anyone have any screen shots of Shinjin? I have it right now 2/5 and i'm hoping that once i get it 5/5 and gear for it that it will do good
 Bahamut.Wolfjorg
user: wolfjorgg
By Bahamut.Wolfjorg 2012-01-14 09:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it 2/5 now, and deciding wether to 5/5 it along with Ruinator and Dagger ws.
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2012-01-17 02:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Which ToM weapon would be best, non mythic wise? OAT 2-4? WS 10%?

DEX path?
 Cerberus.Billgoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-01-17 02:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I've only 1/5 it but with my Pummels doing 1500-3000 outside of Aby and 3000-6000 inside aby I'd say its a waste of merits. Also owning Verethragnas, I'm partial to VS and Pummel, so I'm happy with what I have atm. That's just my thoughts.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2012-01-17 02:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking at best non empy weapon for this particular WS. too many choices ; ; I figured since DEX was multiplier, DEX path would be best but im scratching my head on the other possibilities, OAT and Ws+10%
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-17 02:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said: »
Just looking at best non empy weapon for this particular WS. too many choices ; ; I figured since DEX was multiplier, DEX path would be best but im scratching my head on the other possibilities, OAT and Ws+10%

Im almost sure OAT weapons are crap and better off getting a DA weapon if you go that path.

Other then that, If not getting a vere, im almost sure STR weapon will win, no matter what the job.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-01-17 02:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Asura.Baroma said: »

Im almost sure OAT weapons are crap and better off getting a DA weapon if you go that path.

Other then that, If not getting a vere, im almost sure STR weapon will win, no matter what the job.

Yes the fire h2hs with str and att will beat anything else out, besides Empy, I used to use them till I finished my 85.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2012-01-17 03:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. I been doing the DEX path and at the soulflayers. Better off changing to fire?
 Cerberus.Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-01-17 03:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well unless you need the extra accuracy that they offer I wouldn't suggest using them. The +attack will best those.
 Fenrir.Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-01-20 16:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just been updating the wiki pages and worth noting the automaton will close Shijin Spiral (with Inhibitor) with Bone Crusher to make a Light Chain.

You can also use Shijin to close Fusion after String Shredder but why you wouldn't use Stringing Pummel to close Darkness instead, I dunno...
 Cerberus.Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-01-22 03:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Mortar into Pummel does light I do believe as well. Vice versa too.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-01-22 04:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Billgoku said: »
Magic Mortar into Pummel does light I do believe as well. Vice versa too.

Magic Mortar > Stringing Pummel creates Gravitation.

Stringing Pummel > Magic Mortar creates nothing.

I think you're thinking Magic Mortar <--> Dragon Kick. :x
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-22 04:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To my experience Stringing Pummel has higher spikes of damage, but Shijin is much more consistent as it doesn't depend on the crits.
 Fenrir.Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-01-22 05:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
I think you're thinking Magic Mortar <--> Dragon Kick. :x

^

I am always disappointed with my Dragon Kick dmg...
 Cerberus.Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2012-01-22 06:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, my bad, I was thinking string shredder, but that does darkness.

Also, I don't have very many spikes for Pummel, damage is consistantly around 2k outside of aby and 3-4k inside with the occ spike up to 6k.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By tendo64 2012-02-27 15:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon Kick damage will always be lackluster, and will only (barely) compete with Shijin when it's at 300tp. But for some lolpups like myself that don't have VS or SP, Dragon Kick is the WS to use with Sharpshot if your Shijin can't hit as hard as Armor Shatterer.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2012-02-27 16:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 on it and Stringing Better also VS is a lot better

work on Mythic Weapon and you will be happier !

As for monk........... unless you got no VS , it is pretty worth !