Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Delion
By Siren.Delion 2011-12-17 11:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dibble said: »
Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Anyone else having a problem with the automaton buffing party members? I used a water maneuver, but that just promps poison II... Or will only the RDM frame buff party members?
WHM frame never buffed party members yesterday despite a variety of maneuvers up, thinking it's not possible.
Haven't tried rdm frame yet.
It could be hate related.

In a party with a NIN and a COR. When I don't engage it will fully buff the NIN, even Haste. If I do engaged it will still buff the NIN but do me first.

Couldn't get it to buff the COR at all, even with the COR attacking.

COR never top of hate list though.

That's exactly what I was observing yesterday when I played around with the frames. The pet still prioritizes the master > person on top of hate. I didn't try deploying w/o me engaging to see if it ignores me though. The AI improvement is amazing and the addition of phalanx, stoneskin, dispel, erase, etc. just made the pet far more useful than before. It made me rumble in happiness to see it cure me, -na me and then proceed to launch a thunder IV right after @@. By the way, I've also been noticing instant cast like Quick magic for some reason and I didn't have Mana Boster or any other attachment on that improves spell casting. Makes me wonder if they added Quick Magic as an innate trait for the pet or just a bug.

edit: the WHM frame DOES buff the party up with protect shell and haste, but it's priorities are just as before, Master > Person on top of hate.
 Shiva.Dawezy
Server: Shiva
user: Dawezy
By Shiva.Dawezy 2011-12-17 11:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing with Hellbound Warriors (Skeletons) in Eldi Necropolis earlier this login.

Auto was casting Silence and Addle on them. So Skeletons may be the new Crabs! Awesome.

Might be just me, someone else had a stab at them.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-12-17 11:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dawezy said: »
Playing with Hellbound Warriors (Skeletons) in Eldi Necropolis earlier this login.

Auto was casting Silence and Addle on them. So Skeletons may be the new Crabs! Awesome.

Except there are skeletons that cast so it isn't as dumb as crabs.
 Asura.Perrymason
Server: Asura
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-12-17 12:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the AI just cast silence/addle on mobs that have MP?
 Carbuncle.Funsam
Server: Carbuncle
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2011-12-17 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Shiva.Dawezy said: »

Except there are skeletons that cast so it isn't as dumb as crabs.

technically some crabs cast too ie. king arthro so same apply's to both
By Dragkon 2011-12-17 20:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone find out dread spikes trigger/frame yet?
 Shiva.Dawezy
user: Dawezy
By Shiva.Dawezy 2011-12-17 21:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragkon said: »

Enmity (not 100% sure, but it happened), top of hate list made my Auto cast Dread Spikes. (mob turned to him for a well placed Thunder V)

Had no other maneuvers up at the time when he cast it
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-18 18:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy in my linkshell always ***talks PUP whenever he can. And every time I threw those insults back in his face, he always mentioned the flawed AI system for curing... So I made this for him. (he dual boxes mnk+whm so yeah)

[+]
 Sylph.Reaplife
Server: Sylph
user: Chaossoul
By Sylph.Reaplife 2011-12-19 09:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Harunn said: »
+ With one active light maneuver, automatons will now prioritize HP recovery over curing status ailments.

Automatons will also prioritize HP recovery when HP level is extremely low.

This made me happier than anything else. While all the other stuff is great, having my Auto actually cure me when my HP < 100 is just wonderful!

Zero (Auto): "Oh, you're about to die master? Silena."
/em watches Zero equip his trollface head.

Amen to this update!
By Erlayn 2011-12-20 16:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've used all the frames since update. Working on capping a few more skills, but I'd have to say Rdm is hands down the best. Haste, SS, Phalanx, Pro/Shell, Enfeebles and nukes when not doing any of these.

Is also has access to Knockout and Magic Mortar WS that deal moderate damage now and the fix to MM is amazing now for actual Light SC with Dragon Kick and boost to the damage.

All in all I loved this update and a very welcome to all of us PUP.
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2011-12-20 16:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delion said: »
By the way, I've also been noticing instant cast like Quick magic for some reason and I didn't have Mana Boster or any other attachment on that improves spell casting. Makes me wonder if they added Quick Magic as an innate trait for the pet or just a bug.

Not to insult your intelligence but you don't have Atma of the Apocalypse on, do you?
 Fenrir.Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2011-12-20 16:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy in my linkshell always ***talks PUP whenever he can. And every time I threw those insults back in his face, he always mentioned the flawed AI system for curing... So I made this for him. (he dual boxes mnk+whm so yeah)

Well... I appreciate the sentiment but a WHM can still cast C5 and C6 back-to-back . You're not gonna be tanking Apadamak any time soon!

Has anyone noticed that the puppet erases flash instead of using blindna?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-20 17:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... I appreciate the sentiment but a WHM can still cast C5 and C6 back-to-back . You're not gonna be tanking Apadamak any time soon!

I face tanked an Ironclad Smiter with WHM frame curing and a BLM stunning the kick move. :<

Quote:

Uh because Flash isn't Blind. You remove Flash with Erase.
 Fenrir.Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2011-12-20 17:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Uh because Flash isn't Blind. You remove Flash with Erase.
That's cool, then.
By Delion 2011-12-20 17:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delion said: »
By the way, I've also been noticing instant cast like Quick magic for some reason and I didn't have Mana Boster or any other attachment on that improves spell casting. Makes me wonder if they added Quick Magic as an innate trait for the pet or just a bug.

Not to insult your intelligence but you don't have Atma of the Apocalypse on, do you?

Oh yea <_< I forgot about that. I don't use Apoc atma often on my mages, totally forgot about that. LOL
 Carbuncle.Sluggo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sluggo
By Carbuncle.Sluggo 2011-12-27 17:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark maneuver with blm auto triggered, and its pretty effective, but it doesn't last long.

Also I noticed i capped magic skill @444/444 (with skill gear) but still getting skillups.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-12-27 17:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sluggo said: »

Dark maneuver with blm auto triggered, and its pretty effective, but it doesn't last long.

Also I noticed i capped magic skill @444/444 (with skill gear) but still getting skillups.
If you have magic merits that has been a glitch for awhile. You're capped but you'll still get skill up messages until you hit the cap with merits.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2011-12-29 08:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Carbuncle.Sluggo said: »

If you have magic merits that has been a glitch for awhile. You're capped but you'll still get skill up messages until you hit the cap with merits.

The same thing applys to wearing AF3+2 pants... I've been farting around Gustav a lot and got magic skill up messages clear up to 444 skill.