user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 18:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

10-14-2011 06:14 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

Our puppetmaster adjustments are being finalized, so I would like to make an announcement before we implement these adjustments to the test server.

Usually we make these kinds of announcements at the same time as the changes are implemented in the test server, but it’s going to take us a little bit longer to implement our adjustments, so we decided to make the announcement first.

• Attachments

• Increased the effect boost based on number of maneuvers for the following attachments

Strobe/Inhibitor/Flame Holder/Steam Jacket/Auto-Repair Kit II

• Lowered the required capacity from 2 to 1 for the following attachments

Reactive Shield/Scope/Schurzen/Volt Gun

• Attachment adjustments as follows

AttachmentAdjustments
      Reactive ShieldAdded a bonus to the amount of spike damage dealt based on the frame’s skill level
      Mana BoosterEffect changed from shortening recast times to that of a fast cast effect
      Drum MagazineLessened the negative impact to accuracy
      ReplicatorIncreased the number of shadows based on the number of wind maneuvers used
      Shock AbsorberBonus added to the amount of damage absorbed based on the frame’s skill level and the number of earth maneuvers used
      Armor Plate
      Armor Plate II
      Effect changed from increasing defense to decreasing the amount of physical damage taken
      AnalyzerTripled the amount of damage that can be mitigated
      HammermillShield Bash will be 100% accurate when Hammermill is equipped
      Volt GunRemoved the level dependence and added a bonus to additional damage based on the frame’s skill level and the number of thunder maneuvers used
      HeatsinkThe decrease in the probability of overload will be based on all maneuvers instead of just fire maneuvers
      Damage GaugeShortened the recast time for cure spells
      EraserChanged so that only light maneuvers are consumed to fix multiple status ailments

• Automatons

• Re-examine automaton logic

• Add/adjust spells

• Recast times for spells will be set up independently for each category (such as enhancing/enfeebling magic)
        *Cure, regen, status ailment recovery spells will each have their own recast times

• The following spells will be added

Protect (I-V)/Shell (I-V)/Stoneskin/Haste/Phalanx/Erase/Absorb-Attri/Dispel/Dread Spikes/Addle/Regen IV
        *Phalanx and Stoneskin will only be used on the master
        *Protect, Shell, and Haste will only be used on the master and party members

• Tier IV elemental spells will be added to Stormwaker Y-700

• Cure IV or Cure V will be chosen based on remaining HP

• Weapon skill adjustments

• Magic Mortar will have a set amount for its minimum amount of damage

• Sharpshot automaton adjustments

• Distance adjustments will be removed for ranged attacks

• Puppetmasters

• A job ability that removes automaton status ailments will be added (Lv30 recast time: 1 minute)

• Uses automaton oil to fix automaton status ailments (those that can be recovered by erase)
      • The number of status ailments fixed will depend on the type of automaton oil used, and a maximum of 4 status ailments can be removed at once
        *Automaton oil+3 (Lv80+) will also be added.

These changes will be implemented in the test server in a while, and we plan on making final adjustments based on feedback once these changes are implemented in the test server. Thank you!

11-07-2011 01:43 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Puppetmaster adjustments cont.

Flame holder
We feel that the current stats and functionality aren’t reasonable when considering the space needed to equip this attachment. With this said, if we were to make so the power is shared with other attachments (for example, making it so it doesn’t consume a Fire Maneuver, as was suggested), we would have to increase the capacity cost to be higher than it is currently.

However, since I believe that attachment uses differ from person to person, instead of the above adjustment, we are looking in the direction of adding a different attachment that has similar stats to the Flame Holder so you will be able to choose the proper one to use based on the situation. (The addition of this attachment is planned for after the level cap increase to 99.)

Also, when there are changes made with Test Server updates, we also update the content posted in the “Testing In Progress” forum, but the development team and QA team have been testing and making adjustments up to the last minute, more than you can imagine.

As a result, there may be times that we cannot announce the specific changes right away and we appreciate your understanding. (Don’t worry, we aren’t trying to hide anything!)

I will be adding this, along with other job updates for October, to the compilation of job adjustments for October topic.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 18:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Whew~ that took awhile to post lol
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2011-10-14 18:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Effect changed from shortening recast times to that of a fast cast effect

Not sure if want, unless it'll be shortening cast time AND global recast timer. I would like to think that's implied, but SE has been known to make questionable changes in the past (Battery Charge).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-14 19:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds awesome, basically.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-14 19:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:
Effect changed from shortening recast times to that of a fast cast effect

Not sure if want, unless it'll be shortening cast time AND global recast timer.

I think it makes sense considering:

loldevs said:
Recast times for spells will be set up independently for each category (such as enhancing/enfeebling magic)
*Cure, regen, status ailment recovery spells will each have their own recast times
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 19:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol@loldevs
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2011-10-14 19:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get to that part when I was reading (while procing VW monster) >_>; Okay nevermind then, sounds completely amazing!
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-14 19:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-10-14 19:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably the most giddy i've been reading an Update in a long time.

And i use my PUP like once a month.

Edit: Especially Armor Plate, and a few other things.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 19:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
I'm glad you like it, but your post is stretching the screen :P
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-10-14 19:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
I'm glad you like it, but your post is stretching the screen :P

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 19:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

/sad

why must you hurt me ; ;!

lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-14 19:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The spells that they're adding to the robots gave me a bit of a stiffy coupled with the bit about them casting healing type spells on separate recast timers. If the automaton is capable of keeping a haste rotation of some description...
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-10-14 19:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I pooped my churidars a little.

Alot.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2011-10-14 19:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.... this is the puppetmaster "fix" then? This is very impressive.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-10-14 20:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lolpup
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-14 20:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 20:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Whew~ that took awhile to post lol

This is the aftermath, so what did it look like beforehand? Did you copy and paste from text or copy from the source code of the other forum?
I have a template that I made that looks "sorta" like the post frames on the official forums:

10-14-2011 06:14 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Code
[table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0px"][tr][td colspan="2" style="color:#FFFFFF;background-color:#3E4464"] 10-14-2011 06:14 PM[table style="float:right" cellpadding="0"][tr][td style="font-size:x-small;"][b][[url=http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/16004-Questions-for-the-Community-Rep-Moogles?p=212820#post212820]source[/url]][/b][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td valign="top" align="center" style="width:110px;background-color:#A8D0D7"][table cellpadding="0" style="width:100%"][tr][td style="color:#FF0000;font-size:large;"]Camate[/td][/tr][tr][td style="font-size:x-small;"]Community Rep[/td][/tr][tr][td][img]http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/images/avatars/FFXI_sqex2.jpg[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td width="660px" background="http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/images/elevenb/postadmin.gif" style="background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position:top right;background-color:#E3F0F2;"][/td][/tr][/table]

Very easy to figure out what part is what after you use it for awhile. There are five areas of this temlate that I use for every dev post:

• Date & Time

• Source

• Community Rep Name

• Community Rep Avatar

• The post itself

I then proceed to copy the post on the official forums and then format it to how it should be. Most time consuming parts are tables, I hate tables :( and love them at the same time. My goal is just to try and make it look as close as the official post.

I can't really use the bbcode format over on the official forums, well because it would look like this:

The HTML Source doesn't help any better:

So really the only thing I can do is type out any formatting by hand after I copy&paste the post itself.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-14 20:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So for tables..

This...

Becomes this...

Might be possible to write up some translation app that changes the format of the HTML to BBCode(if there isn't one already online somewhere). Obviously it'd change the < > of HTML to [ ] of BBCode and a few other things. Probably a couple of other differences between the two, but doesn't look too dissimilar.

Online HTML to BBCode converter does a bit of the work(if you select output to be SMF instead of BBCode), but still butchers the outputted color backgrounds, leaving colors blank. It might alleviate some of the work though. I'm sure you're already doing it, but can also just do some Replace All < td > -> [ td ], etc.

Test..
Attachment Adjustments
Reactive Shield Added a bonus to the amount of spike damage dealt based on the frame’s skill level
Mana Booster Effect changed from shortening recast times to that of a fast cast effect
Drum Magazine Lessened the negative impact to accuracy
Replicator Increased the number of shadows based on the number of wind maneuvers used
Shock Absorber Bonus added to the amount of damage absorbed based on the frame’s skill level and the number of earth maneuvers used
Armor Plate
Armor Plate II
Effect changed from increasing defense to decreasing the amount of physical damage taken
Analyzer Tripled the amount of damage that can be mitigated
Hammermill Shield Bash will be 100% accurate when Hammermill is equipped
Volt Gun Removed the level dependence and added a bonus to additional damage based on the frame’s skill level and the number of thunder maneuvers used
Heatsink The decrease in the probability of overload will be based on all maneuvers instead of just fire maneuvers
Damage Gauge Shortened the recast time for cure spells
Eraser Changed so that only light maneuvers are consumed to fix multiple status ailments
[/li]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-10-14 20:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

this is sick!
granted puppetmaster will be broken for a few weeks as they fix it in emergency maint but by time they clear this up...SICK! somewhat makes up for the disgusting stagger-fest of VW

independent cast time on spells is so beyond awesome i never thought they would be able to do it (cuz they lazy u know)

the new spells is a nice bonus too, especially the haste one!

the fix to attachments are actually the weakest of the whole fix, which is funny since they kept making mention of attachments being the main change.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 21:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmmm, that's awesome

lol

Edit: Tried the whole post:
Would work too, just have to get rid of some of the nonsense and change it to this sites bbcode.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-14 21:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I'll probably just do that then go through and just add the background color from now on, that will save some time at least.

Edit: Ah... it doesn't keep colspan's or rowspans, ouch D:
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
Server: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2011-10-14 21:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is F'n Amazing

The following spells will be added

Protect (I-V)/Shell (I-V)/Stoneskin/Haste/Phalanx/Erase/Absorb-Attri/Dispel/Dread Spikes/Addle/Regen IV
*Phalanx and Stoneskin will only be used on the master
*Protect, Shell, and Haste will only be used on the master and party members
By Inuyasha 2011-10-14 21:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"Re-examine automoton logic"

do i smell cures instead of -na's at low HP?
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-14 21:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very happy about this. I can't wait to test it in the test server =D I'm going to need to get into a group to test the haste/pro/shell on party members.
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-10-14 21:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds *** awesome!
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-15 00:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I need this ***. Like now. So I'm going to be on the test server til the update.

kthx see everyone on bahamut afterwards!
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-10-15 00:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Recast times for spells will be set up independently for each category (such as enhancing/enfeebling magic)

Holy *** they are actually giving us a semi reasonable adjustment that should've been coming...well a lot sooner than this, that's for sure, lol.

All in all this looks amazing, now if only we can get some JA's that force maton in/out max range of target... /looks @ mage frames that love to run up to mobs to say hi
 Bismarck.Greezy
Server: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2011-10-15 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppet Master AI and therof has been ignored since they relased Aht Urghan. Im glad SE is considering a revamp of the way the job is played. hopefully they will change a few other inconsistency's with aht urghan areas as well, ie: alex*99 adding GoV and Abyssea warps ect...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-15 14:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like the change to Mana Booster, but everything else...*** YEAH!!
Armor plate is suddenly amazing. Enhancing magic!! SEPARATE RECAST TIMERS!!! And that new JA is very nice too.

This pupdate is beyond awesome!

[+]
First Page 2 3 4