The Mob Checks As EP, But For How Much Longer?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » The mob checks as EP, but for how much longer?
The mob checks as EP, but for how much longer?
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-15 07:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

With the coming level cap increase, I was wondering how much longer EP mobs will read as EP to us... So far, the same mobs that were EP or just barely Too Weak at 75 still read as such, but will they still be EP at 95? At 99?

At all other points in the game, when a mob is EP to you, then you gain 20 more levels, it's way past Too Weak. I just wonder how much longer SE is going to let us get by with this. At 99, it could completely change how we do magian trials if everything we did trials on before becomes Too Weak.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm sort of thinking out loud here.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-09-15 07:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought they said that everything that was ep at 75 would stay ep.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-09-15 07:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, SE has kept everything that was EP at 75 EP to us at 90. I don't see them changing this up. Its nice to have a monster you can beat senseless for trials since it is now 30+ levels behind you and you still get EXP. I wouldn't be shocked to hear they did it to keep a large number of mobs available for us to do magian trials with, actually.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-09-15 07:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think SE believes in scaling.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-09-15 07:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

well it mainly cus levels 75+ arnt the same as levels -75 so doesnt have same kinda impact on mob check. stat bonuses like str dex and such had alot more a impact on it then other ones. if u ever played around with gear swaps increasing and lowering str and recheckign mobs you'll see the reading actually change.
By alamond1 2011-09-15 07:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
So far, SE has kept everything that was EP at 75 EP to us at 90. I don't see them changing this up. Its nice to have a monster you can beat senseless for trials since it is now 30+ levels behind you and you still get EXP. I wouldn't be shocked to hear they did it to keep a large number of mobs available for us to do magian trials with, actually.

Yes. I've seen a lot of posts with people complaining about being aggroed by barely EP mobs (ex. Robber Crabs) at 90 and hoping SE changes it. However, if it was changed, some things are going to get a whole lot worse: quickly breaking latents for WSNM and empy trials comes to mind.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-15 07:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they stay at EP, just to make things easier. I know they revamped the mobs in a lot of older zones like Garliage Citadel, which I found out by accident when I pulled a VT bat I thought was TW, lol.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-15 07:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoted from an April post:

04-18-2011 02:18 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Robber Crabs biting your ankles at level 90 getting you down?

We spoke to the development team about this and they are planning on making adjustments. Due to the fact that each area will need to be addressed individually, the cost will be a bit high and they have decided to take care of this in the future through multiple phases of implementation.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-15 07:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Quoted from an April post:

04-18-2011 02:18 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Robber Crabs biting your ankles at level 90 getting you down?

We spoke to the development team about this and they are planning on making adjustments. Due to the fact that each area will need to be addressed individually, the cost will be a bit high and they have decided to take care of this in the future through multiple phases of implementation.

Thanks, I completely missed this.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-15 08:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they just meant that they are going to have them stop aggro'ing after a certain level, instead of making them too weak. I think they want to keep them EP for trials like everyone mentioned here and in previous posts.

I think they should only worry about high traffic areas, if your wandering off the path expect to fend for your life, you know? Would be way too boring if nothing ever aggroed due to level cap problems.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-09-15 11:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be perfectly fine if they stayed at EP and continued to aggro @ high 99 levels. You'll be able to 1 shot them anyway and still keep them in trials-levels. I don't see what the big deal is.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-09-23 02:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand people's potential concerns about crowding for easy mobs for trials/WSNM quests if some EP mobs started conning as TWTBW as the level cap increases.

However, I think that's pretty ridiculous. There's so many zones in FFXI now that it's hard to imagine any area ever really becoming "crowded" again.

It's kind of dumb that level 60-something mobs are aggressive to level 95 players. Mobs that are in the low 70's are still really easy to kill, and there's plenty of them available for trials, etc.

FFXI could do without level 95 aggro from Robber Crabs, Stygian Pugils, and Velociraptors.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-23 03:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Things around voidwatch rifts should not aggro. That ***is obnoxious. :|
[+]