Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » WS gearsets
WS gearsets
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-30 03:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

for the most part I still WS in pretty outdated gear and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their WS sets?

inside and outside abyssea if you have different for each, mostly looking for stringing pummel WS sets, how much af+2 should i have before it would be worth using in my WS set, i have all but body atm.

sorry if my grammar is bad im very tired lol...

for instance, my waist, i'm using virtuoso belt (+12acc +4att) or something like that.. there must be better, should i try for flame belt? i heard the belts arent very good for WS.. should i bank on the 2% double attack from twilight? im banking on brutal earring too. anything replace my anwig salade made for wsacc/acc/str? i have no idea what to do with the body, im using a kokugetsu augumented with Dex+5 Vit+1 crit damage+2% (Str+4 acc+4 base), should i try for the double attack in aurore, with the extra accuracy? I'll probrably use full +2 set once i +2 my body, the head and hands seem so weak to use in WS tho (set bonus aside) i'm also using usukane hands for the acc boost(dont want any hits to fking miss) i realize im way overboard on accuracy usu hands, answig salade (+25acc in WS) and virtuoso belt, cirque feet+2, etc.. wondering if theres any good str/att/crit/vit gear to replace some of my accuracy with /bow
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-30 04:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

self bump, this is what i'm using right now

anwig augumented with:
Str+4 acc+10 att+5
WS acc+15

and kokugetsu togi augumented with:
Dex+5 Vit+1
Crit hit damage +2%
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-30 04:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd recommend empy gloves and pipilaka belt in the respective slots, the rest looks good to me.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-08-30 07:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This Belt at the very least for inside though you'll get a tiny bit more out of the Pipilaka belt inside Abyssea and the Acc is moot on anything besides VWNMs outside.

Hands I'd follow Seha's advice and use Empyrean. I'll simply point to what I was saying about Sentry Belt before this. You're just using too much Acc that isn't needed anymore (both because of our new levels/lower evasion mobs and because of the fact that PUP isn't AS blind as it used to be.)

Besides getting Empyrean body+1/+2 the rest looks pretty solid. May switch out Rajas Ring for Spiral Ring inside at least. Rajas might pull ahead slightly outside due to Dex increasing crit rate but I'd have to do math I'm just too lazy/tired to do at 7AM right before I go to a Trig. class. XP
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-08-30 07:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why wouldn't you use Beir Belt+1? Thats what I use and Ire Torque+1, as gorget bonus only applies to first hit anyways. Though in all fairness the belt on my server is near 2M and the torque is 1.2M.

edit: the -dex can't possibly have THAT huge of an impact on your crit rate I would think. Inside aby my crit rate is still pretty massive on pup. I use RR/Apoc and GH
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-30 07:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Set bonuses do not work on WS, so do not bother with that.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-30 07:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Beir belt, pyrosoul ring and flame pearl are good, but I think sea gorget beats ire torque.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-08-30 09:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Why wouldn't you use Beir Belt+1? Thats what I use and Ire Torque+1, as gorget bonus only applies to first hit anyways. Though in all fairness the belt on my server is near 2M and the torque is 1.2M.

edit: the -dex can't possibly have THAT huge of an impact on your crit rate I would think. Inside aby my crit rate is still pretty massive on pup. I use RR/Apoc and GH
In Abyssea, of course not, outside...Well I know we have a nice bit of dex gear, even in some of our best WS sets. My suggestions weren't so much to maximize damage as they were to make tweeks that wouldn't be out of the way expensive but still provide a good boost to damage.

I could also see something like that Sentry Belt becoming more important with the cap raises because of the STR on it on top of having ACC if mobs actually start getting some evasion instead of having the evasion of a boulder.

As for the suggestion of Pyrosoul Ring, since it is Stringing Pummel we're talking about and the modifiers are STR and VIT wouldn't Spiral Ring be a greater improvement to damage since it provide only 2 less STR as well as +5VIT.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-30 09:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
As for the suggestion of Pyrosoul Ring, since it is Stringing Pummel we're talking about and the modifiers are STR and VIT wouldn't Spiral Ring be a greater improvement to damage since it provide only 2 less STR as well as +5VIT.
Something about str being always the most important factor to raise damage...but I didn't do any math, I call myself out of the testing!
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-08-30 09:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Something about str being always the most important factor to raise damage...but I didn't do any math, I call myself out of the testing!
lol I suppose if it would raise fSTR it might win out... I'm too lazy to do math atm as well. Perhaps I'll go test it after my next class since I have Pyrosoul for my Victory Smite build anyway.
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-30 19:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

thanx for the input ^^ i think i'll stay away from beir+1 and ire as i'm mainly focused outside of abyssea and the -dex/-acc makes me cringe lol, they are also rare and expensive X3
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-30 23:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

what about flame/shadow/soil belt?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-08-31 07:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
what about flame/shadow/soil belt?
Since the belts work like the gorgets. The fTP increase, and therefore the damage increase, will only apply to the first hit.

Plugging it all into a Kinematic's spreadsheet(too tired and lazy.) Bier(+1) Still wins both inside and out. Ele.Belts are about equal to Sentry, with Sentry winning outside but Ele.Belts pulling ahead a bit inside(when I say a bit I mean 1-3damage.) It's only an assumption but, Pipilaka would most likely end up inbetween Beir(+1) and Ele.Belts/Sentry in terms of damage.

Edit: Just realized that was using your current set, I'll redo it later and put in Cirque +1/+2 hands.
 Bismarck.Selka
Server: Bismarck
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-08-31 07:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

thanx for the input ^^ i think i'll stay away from beir+1 and ire as i'm mainly focused outside of abyssea and the -dex/-acc makes me cringe lol, they are also rare and expensive X3
I take it you're fighting VWNMs? I can't imagine anything else outside of Abyssea that would need a single bit of accuracy...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-31 07:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I use pipilaka over shadow belt, gives me better results :o
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-31 19:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea VWNMS and whatever else outside that SE may later throw at us.. inside damage doesnt really matter, just proccing lol
 Bismarck.Selka
Server: Bismarck
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-09-01 14:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What? PUP is not at all a proccing job in Abyssea. Yes, you can proc a number of things (mostly h2h), and a few others, depending on subjob, but if you are bringing PUP just for procs, you should almost definitely be bringing MNK instead. Your job in abyssea is to kill stuff...
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-01 14:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That they are.. but the -dex/-acc shouldn't make you cringe, its not THAT big.. I was lucky enough to HQ synergize my ire torque+1 1/1 a few nights ago and I bought my Beir Belt+1 for 700k before my server merge..now its like 2M on odin.. Guess I got lucky all around lol. I use it for all my melees basically lol except dnc (but even dnc uses the torque).
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 14:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does your DNC use Ire Torque?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-01 14:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

typical dnc ws sets have largely undercapped fstr on vwnm so i believe it could out preform love torque for everything but rudra, that and pyrrhic kleos has a pretty decent str mod.
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-09-02 13:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Selka said: »
What? PUP is not at all a proccing job in Abyssea. Yes, you can proc a number of things (mostly h2h), and a few others, depending on subjob, but if you are bringing PUP just for procs, you should almost definitely be bringing MNK instead. Your job in abyssea is to kill stuff...
pup has no job inside abyssea other than having fun solo or playing in an exp party. i dont bring DDs into abyssea, only proccing jobs, which can DD with atmas lol
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 14:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Selka said: »
pup has no job inside abyssea other than having fun solo or playing in an exp party. i dont bring DDs into abyssea, only proccing jobs, which can DD with atmas lol
Pretty much this, as sad as it is :/
Wish they had given us some sort of utility inside abyssea anywhere
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Suljin
Server: Leviathan
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2011-11-14 21:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious and was bored and thinking. Would getting an anwig salade with +4 str/dex, 15wsacc, +2% crit dmg and then using a cavaros mantle with +3% be worth it for stringing pummel?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Suljin
Server: Leviathan
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2011-11-14 21:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I have no clue, pup being my only melee job lol. I was just wondering if it would make a better dmg bump than other standard gear there.
Thanks
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-14 21:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11565/vellaunus-mantle
[+]