Must Have Pup Items.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Must Have Pup Items.
Must Have Pup Items.
First Page 2
 Asura.Planet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-08-29 00:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

basically what title says but in more detail, im in the process in lv'n pup and the competition of pup mythic so ive been looking for a list of items that are a must have from a gear perspective (not attachments). i have compiled a list myself and just want to compare to see if im missing anything under the lines of a necessity that helps automotive and puppeteer excel at its job better.

thank you in advance.
 Carbuncle.Funsam
Server: Carbuncle
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2011-08-29 01:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you compiled a list add then people can /tell u anything u missing
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidalecko
Server: Cerberus
user: Tidalecko
By Cerberus.Tidalecko 2011-09-14 17:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Guignol earring
some type of Animator lol
Repair oils+2
Shaolin belt is nice but honestly I use twilight belt more
Pantin Cape is really nice because pup can't use Atheling mantle
any piece that "reduces overload" is a must-have (not to equip full time, but when you need to spam maneuvers its the best gear you can use. can probably even macro it in for maneuvers only (like buffoon's collar))
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-14 17:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going mythic, you want to maximize the bonus from maneuvers, theres a piece for that, cant remember which. Basically you want fire mans for heaving DD , earth or wind mans for tanking and ice mans for nuking.

3 most important stats would be

Attack/Ratt
Defense/evasion
Magic Attack Bonus

pick a path and get'er done I would suggest the magian trials but seems that slots already taken
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-14 17:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The AFv3 is lame imho because it only helps the master mostly not he automaton. Look to using the older armor sets for buffing your automaton
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-14 17:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with the poster above.
Gearing for the puppet only is situational. For all the rest don't gimp the master.
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-09-14 17:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wojo said: »
The AFv3 is lame imho because it only helps the master mostly not he automaton. Look to using the older armor sets for buffing your automaton
wrong... most all of af3 is useful for everyday application/ws/tp... most of the former af 1 +1/ relic... are situational. and macro pieces... there are a few items that help increase dmg potential of the blm auto, but those should probably still be macro'd unless you are in the background and back up healing as /sch
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-14 17:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just still jaded from when they turned PUP into MNK... :)
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-09-14 17:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I burned my pup to 90, got my magic capped (thanks to afflictor trick) so i admit i dont know to much about the job. I do know how to gear for tp/ws i just dont really know what attachments to use mainly. Can anyone tell me what attachments are a must for each frame? I do have most of the attachments besides the few 2-3mil ones. I have magic/melee fully merited and the att/mab+ t2 merits.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 17:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Afflictor trick?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-14 17:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Afflictor trick?
Spam cursna with soulsoother at the trap in Beadeaux.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-14 17:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Afflictor trick?
Constantly puts curse on you
Puppet constantly casts cursna on you
Bing
Boom

You have to have the puppet deployed on something however, so usually people aggro a pugil and deploy the automaton out of melee distance, so it casts but doesn't kill the mob through melee attacks.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 17:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to know it isn't something to do with the weapon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-14 17:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a mnk with full af3+2 rocking afflictors just yesterday while I was crafting

[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 17:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
I saw a mnk with full af3+2 rocking afflictors just yesterday while I was crafting

I'm jealous. his aura alone must have made you HQ
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-14 18:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually crit broke twice
srsly
It made a capillary in my brain pop
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-14 18:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I used that weapon for a short while just for the fun of seeing kicks now and then(don't have monk, so it was a first for me :o). But after that, obsolete weapon is useless.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 18:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I used that weapon for a short while just for the fun of seeing kicks now and then(don't have monk, so it was a first for me :o). But after that, obsolete weapon is useless.
Was obsolete when it came out, at least for MNK.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-14 18:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Afflictor trick?
Constantly puts curse on you
Puppet constantly casts cursna on you
Bing
Boom

You have to have the puppet deployed on something however, so usually people aggro a pugil and deploy the automaton out of melee distance, so it casts but doesn't kill the mob through melee attacks.
are you *** kidding me
I squandered my 2000th post on this
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-14 18:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Your 2000th post is...
Bing Boom.

Such an anticlimax.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-14 18:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Your 2000th post is...
Bing Boom.

Such an anticlimax.
I had like
a .gif
and everything
I had it all lined up
It was perfect
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 18:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew if I posted in a PUP thread, you'd come waste it. I planned it out perfectly. I'd get temp banned, make you forget about your 2K post while you are in mourning, then lure you into a PUP thread with a question easily answered.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-14 18:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew if I posted in a PUP thread, you'd come waste it. I planned it out perfectly. I'd get temp banned, make you forget about your 2K post while you are in mourning, then lure you into a PUP thread with a question easily answered.
It was the perfect plan
However
You seem to be overlooking the fact that later tonight, by creating a GUI using visual basic, I plan to backtrace your IP address and infiltrate your RAM, therefore making you post lewd pics in a thread I've posted in, thus causing my post count to fall to 1999 after the thread is deleted.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 18:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the perfect plan
However
You seem to be overlooking the fact that later tonight, by creating a GUI using visual basic, I plan to backtrace your IP address and infiltrate your RAM, therefore making you post lewd pics in a thread I've posted in, thus causing my post count to fall to 1999 after the thread is deleted.
I knew you'd do that, so I made a batch file that will auto delete windows system32 to anyone that logs in from anything besides my roaming IP address on my phone.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-14 18:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the perfect plan
However
I knew you'd do that, so I made a batch file that will auto delete windows system32 to anyone that logs in from anything besides my roaming IP address on my phone.
Good call
but you're also forgetting the instance weeks ago, when you were under investigation by the cyber police, that I also have placed a rogue mushi-mushi file within a New Folder (9) on your desktop this whole time, that secretly has been deleting the endings of all of your self-destruct programs that you have so naively been naming "Wolfwillneverfindthis.java", resulting in an inability to compile.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 18:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Those java files were all fake, I named the real ones "Realselfdestruct.exe"
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-14 18:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You clever devil
The game is afoot
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 19:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You clever devil
The game is afoot
Late reply, had some issues to deal with.
Either way, you can't stop me.
By Untouchablevoid 2011-09-26 14:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the perfect plan However You seem to be overlooking the fact that later tonight, by creating a GUI using visual basic, I plan to backtrace your IP address and infiltrate your RAM, therefore making you post lewd pics in a thread I've posted in, thus causing my post count to fall to 1999 after the thread is deleted.
Good call but you're also forgetting the instance weeks ago, when you were under investigation by the cyber police, that I also have placed a rogue mushi-mushi file within a New Folder (9) on your desktop this whole time, that secretly has been deleting the endings of all of your self-destruct programs that you have so naively been naming "Wolfwillneverfindthis.java", resulting in an inability to compile.

Reading this alone made me happy i perused the PUP forum :P
 Shiva.Temaruma
Server: Shiva
user: Temarumaz
By Shiva.Temaruma 2011-09-26 15:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this set is becoming somewhat standard among pups everywhere.

[+]
First Page 2