Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Job Manifesto Follow-Up
Samurai Job Manifesto Follow-Up
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-02 19:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just posting this because I find 90% of it hilarious as ***.

Bayohne@ said:
Job Concept Manifesto follow-up: Samurai

Seems like other jobs had threads dedicated specifically to them, but I couldn't find one for Samurai, so I'll put this here... First off, thanks for all the opinions thus far, and we wanted to let you know that we passed them to the supervisor in charge of the upcoming changes and had him take a look.

Please understand that we cannot answer all of your questions in one post and some answers may be vague, because this is all content that is still under development.

Please bear with us as we will continue posting about this and other jobs!

I want an ability that will reduce the TP cost for the next WS to 0.

That's an interesting idea!
However, this may be a little too powerful, so I'll look into it with balance in mind.

I want an ability like “Tactician’s Roll” that provides TP regain to party members.

This ability may be possible if it consumes your TP like “Shikikoyo” does. I will look into this.

I would like the damage for auto-attack or weapon skills in general increased.

Since we are working towards “providing balanced damage while taking advantage of the skills and the amount of WSs,” this will be difficult to implement. I will look into this carefully, because increasing damage even in the slightest way may greatly increase the total output that’s possible.

I would like an ability that automatically triggers stun when the enemy uses an ability or WS.

We are not looking into an ability that could automatically trigger stun, because this will make the skill level of the player obsolete.

I would like the requirements removed for the "ability that increases accuracy and damage of weapon skills” and the “ability that augments the next weapon skill used with a TP bonus” so that they can be used at any time.

The "ability that increases accuracy and damage of weapon skills” is just an example, so it is possible that the requirements will be altered before being finalized.

As long as the effects for the “ability that augments the next weapon skill used with a TP bonus” are active, you can use a WS at any time to receive the TP bonus.

I don’t want the two example abilities in the manifesto to share the same recast timer with existing abilities.

Don’t worry, they will have separate recast timers.

I would like both of the example abilities in the manifesto to be job traits.

Currently, we are working on implementing these as abilities.

I would like the damage the enemy inflicts to be reduced drastically, or be invulnerable to status effects while the effects of the "ability that increases accuracy and damage of weapon skills” are active.

I really like the idea of the damage the enemy inflicts being reduced if you complete a weapon skill during the enemy’s ability/weapon skill. However, if you are invulnerable to damage and status effects, you will be practically invincible, so something like this will be very difficult to implement.
Sauce Boss

Camate@ said:
Samurai - Round 2

As we couldn’t get responses to all of the questions and feedback about samurai adjustments, here are the ones that we couldn’t fit in the first post.

Get rid of the spell casting penalty while under the effects of Hasso/Seigan.

As a result of exploring this from many angles, we need to put off the elimination of this penalty. Since the basic stats of Hasso/Seigan are really high, we plan on looking into enhancing the convenience of these abilities through merit points and/or equipment, more than heading in a direction where we would support more spells casting. Due to the fact that these are abilities with long effect durations, please understand that you can’t really compare these abilities side-by-side to the abilities that elicit a strong effect but have a short duration/special requirements.

Make it so the effect of Third Eye doesn’t get stripped by AoE attacks.

We balanced Third Eye to be special for single target attacks allowing the possibility to evade single target abilities/attacks multiple times and have rendered it powerless against AoE attacks.

Increase the damage of weapon skills against high level enemies.

In the case of weapon skills that do not have “damage varies with TP” or “ignores enemy’s defense, amount ignored varies with TP” it has become necessary to enhance the attack power or adjust them in some way so it they deal steady damage. Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko, and Tachi: Kasha are weapon skills that ignore defense, thus it has become easier to deal steady damage with them compared to other weapon skills.

In the case of monsters that have damage resistance, all jobs are in the same boat, so we will deal with this theme separately.

Increase skillchain damage.

The potential skill chain damage is not low for samurais that use the job ability “Sengikori” paired with the skill chain bonus job trait, however, we are aware that you can’t get the most out of these stats against high level monsters since skillchain damage is easily resisted, so we plan on fixing this aspect.

Add weapon skills with Additional Effect: Amnesia and Additional Effect: Terror.

Through constant weapon skills you would be able to overwrite the effect and essentially lock an enemy completely, so we are thinking it would be necessary to explore an alternative route such as an ability with a recast timer or maybe even just tone down the effect a bit.

Add a job trait or ability that gives conserve TP/save TP and/or regain.

Using weapon skills and relying on TP is the best part and core aspect of samurai. This being said we will be looking into a variety of things.

I want to dual wield a great katana and a katana.

This is an interesting idea, but there would be a great deal to look into, almost as much as if we were to add another job, so implementing this right now would be difficult.

It might be possible to increase the amount of katanas that are equipable or increase the katana skill, but if we don't add any advantages for samurai there wouldn’t be a strong effect.

What about adding a “Iai” ability (the act of drawing your sword in quick motion)?

We will take this into consideration for ability ideas!

Sauce Boss 2
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-02 19:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:

I lol'd
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-02 19:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bayohne@ said:
What about adding a “Iai” ability (the act of drawing your sword in quick motion)? We will take this into consideration for ability ideas!

inb4 Tachi: Fudo
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-02 20:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's ironguy to decapriobig.jpg :<
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-02 20:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:

I lol'd
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-08-02 20:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Next question:
Can you make sam immune to physical and magic dmg and make all ws cost 0 TP?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-02 20:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This kinda makes me scared for the future of the game, now that I think about it. If they're taking these requests seriously... omg.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-02 21:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ridiculous.

Removing the originality of Ninja, as a consideration.

Making their TP, and WS's stronger. They consider this balance.

Final Samurai Fantasy 11!

Don't forget to just introduce a Bazooka, make it SAM only and have it have a delay of 0 between attacking.

Attacks which would of course, kill all monsters in the zone in one hit.

GG.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-08-02 21:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how most of the responses seem to be candy coated ways of saying "Seriously? You don't see any balance issues with this? GTFO!"
 Cerberus.Aizm
Server: Cerberus
user: Aizm
By Cerberus.Aizm 2011-08-02 21:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
This kinda makes me scared for the future of the game, now that I think about it. If they're taking these requests seriously... omg.

This
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 22:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Final Samurai Fantasy 11!

welcome to before abyssea

if you look to your left, you will see some haguns

if you look to your right, you will see some more haguns

and yes all of the quoted questions as listed above are literally and absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, except maybe that tactician's roll idea, which would be useful in stand-around scenarios, but even then, it kind of would kill shikikoyo's utility altogether basically, not that you should be meriting that ability anywhere past 1/5 that is, TEEHEE

tbh the only thing past store tp v i ever wanted was auto regain (1/tick, NOTHING MORE), and even then that was to just chop off white tathlum and so on for good

thing is, usukane sune-ate +1/2 are right around the corner, and those'll promptly tell all meh-tier store tp gear to

anyways

the hasso adjustment alone is utterly broken if you ask me; doing t4 vwnm, literally SPAMMING kaiten with x2 march backing me
at this point, the only thing i could ever wish for would be defensive enhancements, which even then i'm sure everyone could use a bit of that outside of paladin, for outside abyssea, that is

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Where's ironguy to decapriobig.jpg :<
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-02 22:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
if you look to your left, you will see some shinsoku

if you look to your right, you will see some more shinsoku
That's what you really meant, right?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 22:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

IT DRAINS TP, IT MUST BE GOOD

[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-02 22:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

omfg that last post ironguy freaking killed me hashahasfiugahsfdiugnasfoigoddamn
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-02 22:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
IT DRAINS TP, IT MUST BE GOOD
5 Str dood.

But I actually agree with the auto-regain, I'd even be happy with .5/tic tbh lol
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 22:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

.5 sounds even better, just to ensure to people that it isn't anywhere along the lines of broken
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-02 22:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaisuko, don't sell yourself short. This is the Samurai age.

Ask for Hasso to simply be replaced with Voracious Violet Atma full time.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 22:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd take hasso's haste over vv's str/regain/da tbh ;z lol
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-02 22:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
i'd take hasso's haste over vv's str/regain/da tbh ;z lol
Haha, yeah, that's the first thing that came to my mind.

Edit: About the regain though, I think .5 is very reasonable and makes sense for a job that's suppose to be "the master of TP" >.>
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-02 22:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i promptly decline that title and boldly reinstate my former title: lion shitter