Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Starting PUP
Starting PUP
 Fenrir.Lillaly
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2011-07-29 13:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, i am intersted in PUP and not just a lolpup

My problem is lack of income for attachments.

So, whats the best way to get these? is it worth it to just say screw it and farm for cash over farming the attachments?

Are there any attachments that are not needed?

Also, what frames should i get at the different levels?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-29 13:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Start with ranger, since it'll be harder to level it up later imho. (Yes there is the deactivate shoot trick, but its 1 skill up every minute...if you get the skill up on that shot..not worth it.) If you can get a group for "The Ashu Talif" BCs... get one. Should be able to trio spam for those parts and it WILL save you millions. Haste piece on my server is 2m alone >_<. I would take the time to farm the new parts in GoV as well. They are all useful in their own right. @20 I suggest the rdm frame. @30 the melee frame. @40 I suggest getting the whm turban, which leaves the blm turban at 50. If you plan to do a lot of soloing the whm turban is pretty stellar (which is why I suggested that first).
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-29 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you don't wanna spend all your money into it you dont have to straight away, but I do atleast reccommend these.
For soloing:
For partying/DD times
The more expensive ones wont matter till higher (optic fiber/Turbo charger), but the very basic attachments you can buy at the NPC in Nashmau.
 Asura.Citag
Server: Asura
user: Citag
By Asura.Citag 2011-07-29 13:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything Elk just mentioned as far as frames go.

Good luck farming attatchments, it will save you a grip if you can. I'm still trying to get my haste attachment. One day.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-29 13:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

regarding frames, people say get Ranged frame first because it's annoying to skill up, but if you prefer soloing I'd get mage first.
Ranged frame owns faces at low levels, you'll probably find yourself deus ex-ing alot in normal party situations if it's skilled/geared.
But it doesnt matter for skill ups, because you can skill up the Automaton up to level 45 with /PUP, even as a subjob the pet still gains skill ups, so it's all a matter of preference.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-29 13:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

As for frames I recommend starting with SW, cause it's the best for solo till you have Soulsoother. Then Sharpshot that is a beast in parties. Can leave Valoredge for last.