Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » BLM Head pup not casting inside Abyssea
BLM Head pup not casting inside Abyssea
 Ragnarok.Xangel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Xangel
By Ragnarok.Xangel 2011-07-26 11:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having problem with BLM head inside Abyssea. Atmas: Minikin, Mounted champion, viscitude. why those last two atmas was trying to get some skill up on Cuelebre but was taken. Attachments on it: Magic Jammer 1/II, Mana booster, Mana tank I/II, Conserver, Power Cooler and other attachments.

I activate my pup then i deploy on a mandy in Tahrongi and it will not cast any magic idk why. It also shows that my pup mp is at 0% when i hit my <petmpp> macro. I deactivated and do deus ex automata and i deploy it does cast 1 spell then after that it stops casting, and have over 300 mp. Is it only me or am i doing something wrong? Trying to get magic skill ups lol =P

Thank you.
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-07-26 12:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i havn't logged on yet since the update, they better not have messed with my automaton >:O
 Ragnarok.Xangel
By Ragnarok.Xangel 2011-07-26 12:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly not. I even checked if i had the right frame just to make sure. Even after I activated with full hp/mp and deploy on mob all it did was stand at max range for 2 mins not casting magic with ice manuevers on. Must have been a glitch or something i don't think using fluxes would have anything to do with it would it? After i had used a flux i checked and i had 1khp/1.3kmp on blm automaton but macro showed 100% HP MP: 0% i was like wtf it has 1.3k/1.3k MP must be a glitch or something.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-26 12:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent used BLm frame since update, but what's your BLM frame's skill at, and where you using scanner at all?
 Ragnarok.Xangel
By Ragnarok.Xangel 2011-07-26 12:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My magic skill sadly is at 253 and yes i had scanner attachment on.
 Ragnarok.Xangel
By Ragnarok.Xangel 2011-07-26 12:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

OHHH I see that's messed up scanner will prevent my automaton from casting if it thinks all spells will be resisted dur ; ; I thought it was just to scan weakness I did not know it has secondary function to it. I guess i found my answer lol. Thank you Yajirobe i just looked up on wiki what this attachment does fully lol. Guess mystery solved lol ><:
 Bismarck.Selka
Server: Bismarck
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-07-26 13:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bottom line: Never use a scanner by default. Only use in a few unusual situations. I think it helps your whm puppet not case silence on crabs? Could be wrong.
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
Server: Cerberus
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-07-26 13:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, it'll still silence things with MP that don't cast.
 Bismarck.Selka
Server: Bismarck
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-07-26 13:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought so. Scanner is such a worthless piece of junk >_>

Maybe it works great only when combined with Tactical Processor and 3X Ice Maneuvers up!

*sigh*
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-26 14:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The scanner helps the whm frame from not casting silence on something that's outright immune to it, or VERY resistant to it.
but yeah only limited use against nms, I'd say xD
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-07-28 11:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to recall Silence spam on Ob which isn't silencable. Scanner's ***.
By runeghost 2011-07-28 12:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Only time I use scanner is for WHM, so that it is less likely to cast non-heal spells (like slow, para etc) and slightly more likely to cast heals.
-R
By Ska681 2011-07-28 19:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

thats not 100% true about the scanner! the blm head has a scanner built into it. Also the scanner shoulf always be used on the whm puppet. I have been playing pup since we had a C H2H skill and scanner helps the whm puppet so much. Yes crabs it prevents silence but also it relizes when another player has cast X enfeebling magic on the mob or what spells wont land. Lastly about the scanner the rdm puppet will cast the T3 spells like the blm frame cast its magic w/ scanner on.

P.S. if you trying to skill up magic you better off using the whm frame and fighting something the cast stona like cockatrice. I seen the most skill-ups from puppet when it would remove strong status effects. Stona,para,poison.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-28 19:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ska681 said:
thats not 100% true about the scanner! the blm head has a scanner built into it. Also the scanner shoulf always be used on the whm puppet. I have been playing pup since we had a C H2H skill and scanner helps the whm puppet so much. Yes crabs it prevents silence but also it relizes when another player has cast X enfeebling magic on the mob or what spells wont land. Lastly about the scanner the rdm puppet will cast the T3 spells like the blm frame cast its magic w/ scanner on.

P.S. if you trying to skill up magic you better off using the whm frame and fighting something the cast stona like cockatrice. I seen the most skill-ups from puppet when it would remove strong status effects. Stona,para,poison.

But...it doesn't
That's the problem at hand lol, it's been this way for a very very long time.

Also, the best place for skillups is going to be in Beadeaux where one deploys their automaton on a mob that cannot kill you next to the afflictor so it will constantly spam cursna on you for skillups.

You seem to have a tendency to give out very...well, incorrect information despite your alleged veteran status
[+]
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-28 20:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say, it does atleast stop silence on crabs.
Atleast, all I've tested that on is Valkurm crabs.
Just now to be sure. lol
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-28 20:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pic so it happened.
Although i dunno why it appears so small :<
Dont mind my gimp melee skill.
Or my 9 undercap magic skill. :< I've been lazy since i got back!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-28 20:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd, I remember it casting silence all the time with scanner on when fighting the boyahda crabs for skill ups way back when. Perhaps my memory's faulty
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-07-28 20:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it was a ninja patch, because I remember that happening too.
By Ska681 2011-07-28 22:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you have a negative thoughts about this attachment and you never used it cause you didnt understand it!!!! Beetles,crabs,and pink birds the scanner comes in handy.Yes it works and always has>
for a whm puppet scanner,mana booster,tranqulizer are the three ice attachments you want equiped!