Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » July Patch: Automaton Attachments
July Patch: Automaton Attachments
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-07-21 04:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Havn't really done too much testing on the shield block rate, but I believe the attachment reduces the recast of Shield Bash to 30secs.

Been too busy trying to get my cape from sea for my smn. :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-07-21 04:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said:
Havn't really done too much testing on the shield block rate, but I believe the attachment reduces the recast of Shield Bash to 30secs.

Been too busy trying to get my cape from sea for my smn. :/

is that 30 second dependent on how many earth maneuvers? or that just something u havnt tested? if its a default 30 second that seems really nice. kinda hope they keep giving valoredge a bit more of an edge at DDing ( i mean we all understand puppet is made of paper by now i hope)
gonna try some more Ob later this week hope i get something this time around, had more luck with caskets sadly (which now i understand why ppl say it blows for drop rate lol)

EDIT: Wondering here if i was mistaken of not, but did they not say they were changing the heat capacitor(is that the right one? the tp one) to not use up fire maneuvers? i noticed it still consuming them when i was on pup last, any word on this?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-07-21 14:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:

is that 30 second dependent on how many earth maneuvers? or that just something u havnt tested? if its a default 30 second that seems really nice. kinda hope they keep giving valoredge a bit more of an edge at DDing ( i mean we all understand puppet is made of paper by now i hope)
gonna try some more Ob later this week hope i get something this time around, had more luck with caskets sadly (which now i understand why ppl say it blows for drop rate lol)

EDIT: Wondering here if i was mistaken of not, but did they not say they were changing the heat capacitor(is that the right one? the tp one) to not use up fire maneuvers? i noticed it still consuming them when i was on pup last, any word on this?

That's actually without earth maneuvers. I just had the attachment on. Was WHM/PUP doing Ob fight with THF friend and had to use wind/thunder maneuvers to prompt Ob to swap to RNG frame. It's 30sec Shield Bash without a maneuver.

I think they said that was going to be fixed in the next major update. Though I could be mistaken and Sqenix just forgot...
By Erlayn 2011-07-21 15:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Erlayn said:
Well I killed Ob last night Duo, no drops on any attachments but got a shiny new earring for Pup repair macro. Time to got take LOTS of pictures.

Also, In case its not already known

You can take pictures of Nauls in Abyssea-Tah for 101 Points a picture (at 1% HP). Great way to get points.

I did 3 kills...

First Kill:
Vivi Valve
Coiler

Second Kill:
Nothing

Third Kill:
Percolator
Mana Channeler

All with TH~8 or so. Its pretty decent. Might do it and sell some new ones...

Thanks Karbunkle. I think I'll go try this and build up points. People been spamming Ob on Odin and the last price for Cog Oil was 3200 Zeni. So I'm taking a break atm and gather points and do WoE. Might try some Zer. Mines
By kenshynofshiva 2011-07-25 14:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Barrier and distruptor both from chests in z mines farming up the skill up rings...

Just got percolator this AM <3 Z Mines, 4 Skill Up rings and pup attachments so much win...