Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Eva magian claws, vs enemy acc- claws
Eva magian claws, vs enemy acc- claws
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-07-01 15:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this didnt feel like looking. this might be a stupid question for some but i was wondering which would be better AGI/eva claws or enemy acc- claws? trying to get one or the other to complete my eva set on pup
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-01 15:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Evasion is consistent, accuracy has to proc. Consistency will most always beat out inconsistency when it comes to defensive stats.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-07-01 15:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe im wrong but =/ on my nin i did enemy defense - katana and it sticks basically everytime i start fighting and whenever the effect wears it reapplies within the next 2 or 3 hits. but you have a point +20eva all the time vs however much eva i'd gain from enm acc-
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-01 15:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I use evasion claws and they're awesome~ they're worth it imho.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-01 15:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any PUP experience, but my friend absolutely loves the Evasion Claws, they're easy to make and they'll only get better with time.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-07-01 15:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, thank you everyone for the input, ill start mine right away. hopefully i get lucky and win mog bonanza xD get gil and finish my kenkon
By Ska681 2011-07-05 09:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ATM i am going ot disagree w/ the above posts for the same reason the def down nin weapons said. The ToM weapons added effects stack w/ other things such as blind 1/2 acc down blu spells flash from your puppet. Also pup as a job will benifet more from the DEX and -acc weapon than they will from the eva claws. Reason i say this is pup in the second most evasive job but are puppets fail to gain the eva bonus the master does. Also in group situations letting a mnk,nin,thf stay in there normal TP gear while the mob misses them the same, is better than you pulling hate and having to swap weapons to eva build lowering the groups attack. lastly empy>ToM weapon, if your going to waste time working on a weapon work on your empy overall time spent on it will be better for you and the group bruts are the next best weapon pup can use at 29dmg and they are also better than lvl 80empy