Ursine Claws +2 (25dmg OAT)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Ursine Claws +2 (25dmg OAT)
Ursine Claws +2 (25dmg OAT)
 Ramuh.Jaysin
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Jaysin 2011-06-24 00:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a pup running around with the Ursine Claws from trial 2309 with 25DMG and Occasionally Attacks Twice and was wondering if they are any good compared to fire Tiapan +2.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-24 01:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. OAT only procs on one fist per attack round and is devalued by DA/TA. Should be quite inferior to Fire Taipans.
 Valefor.Lyrminas
Server: Valefor
user: lyrminas
By Valefor.Lyrminas 2011-07-01 00:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They 'used' to proc only on one hand, they fixed that pretty early on, I own one myself and it certainly does proc on both hands. Ursine +2 high dmg actually ranks pretty high in the puppetmaster's arsenal of weapons to get,

HOWEVER.

if you weren't part of the VNM boom it may be hard to obtain so I would recommend just sticking with fire taipans until you can get your hands on Rev / Vereth. If you already own the base wargfangs past mictacutli / Manannagal items, its very easy to upgrade from there ( Which was my case, I had no reason not to upgrade it due to how easy it was )
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-01 01:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The VNMs are a joke now. Get a Verethragna though.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2011-07-01 01:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i own a pair of +1 and i have to say, there fairly nice for MNK not for the fact of the weapon but useing the oa.1-3 is pritty nice for
fulltimeing footworks

however you only get OAT with footworks. don't get 3+ sadly so i haven't even bothered getting +2 for that reason. will for the sake of finishing them tho. just later lol

as for PUP, id stick with the STR+ trial or the ones that give H2H skill
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-07-01 01:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Nope. OAT only procs on one fist per attack round
Didn't they fix it long time ago?
I seem to recall them fixing it for Trial weapons but not for KKK/Glanzfaust aftermath.
I know Verethragna's ODD falls under the same category, but I always thought they fixed OA bonuses on Trial weapons so that they could proc independently on each fist on each attack round.

I still concur with your opinion of them being almost thrash for PUP compared to other weapons though.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-01 02:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoot, for pup I use the barracudas with WS dmg+10%.. Those things are easy to do, and put out some really nice numbers actually.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-01 03:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Nope. OAT only procs on one fist per attack round
Didn't they fix it long time ago?
I seem to recall them fixing it for Trial weapons but not for KKK/Glanzfaust aftermath.
I know Verethragna's ODD falls under the same category, but I always thought they fixed OA bonuses on Trial weapons so that they could proc independently on each fist on each attack round.

I still concur with your opinion of them being almost thrash for PUP compared to other weapons though.

Yea, that's what I was thinking of. My bad lol.