Oneiros Ring ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Oneiros Ring ?
Oneiros Ring ?
 Seraph.Rof
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Rof 2011-06-11 03:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys ^^

Atm, i tp with a rajas ring and an epona ring. I have a total of 3% of TA and 11 store tp.

Should i switch the rajas for a Oneiros Ring, considering that i have 12 MP merit ? (so i will always have the TA from the Oneiros Ring)

Thanks ;)
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-06-11 04:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say yah TBH, Its 5STR/5DEX/5StoreTP/5SB vs 2% Triple Attack and 3acc.

In Abyssea, I think for sure Onerios, Outside Abyssea where the DEX and STR might actually do something for your dDEX and fSTR i don't know.

for 1handed jobs like MNK/PUP/THF etc, the Store TP does little to nothing. (I won't say absolutely nothing). the Subtle blow is obviously situational.

I think 2% Triple attack would win against Rajas, But I could be wrong, Wait for more advice ;o
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-11 04:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your situation, but from a pure DD perspective, yes.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-11 06:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Store TP does just as much as it does on any other job. It just takes more Store TP to make a difference on 2-handers than it does on dual-wield/H2H.

edit: example: A 2-hand job might need +25 store tp to go from a 6-hit to a 5-hit, whereas a dual-wield job getting that same +25 Store tp would take you from a 20-hit to a 16-hit.

The difference is that a small amount of Store tp (like +5 from rajas) will make no difference on a 2-hand job if it does not break a hit build. However, on a dual-wield job that +5 would take you from a 20-hit to a 19-hit.

If anything Store TP is more usable on dual-wielders because almost any amount of it will help you reach 100% tp faster.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-11 06:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

But then again, going from a 20hit to 16hit is a way less % increase than 6->5.
And well, I'm _pretty sure_ 2% triple attack beats going from 20 to 19, specially if he's using apoc.
You'll rarely hit exactly 100tp on a 1hand job, usually you end up going over it, with offhand/double attack/triple attack procs
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-11 06:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
But then again, going from a 20hit to 16hit is a way less % increase than 6->5.
And well, I'm _pretty sure_ 2% triple attack beats going from 20 to 19, specially if he's using apoc.
You'll rarely hit exactly 100tp on a 1hand job, usually you end up going over it, with offhand/double attack/triple attack procs

Actually it's about the same. Assuming both jobs are fully utilizing a certain amount of Store TP, they both get the same % increase.

I'm not arguing that rajas will beat the 2% triple attack, in fact I think the 2% triple attack is better, especially inside abyssea.

Also, the 2% triple attack would be a smaller increase assuming apoc is on, compared to off. Diminishing returns.

The argument of going over 100% goes both ways. On a dual-wielder, you are much more likely to go over, but only by a small amount (5-10%). On a 2-hander you are less likely to go over (due to a double or triple attack), but it will always be by a large amount (16-40%).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-11 06:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said otherwise.
I just said 2% TA -> Rajas in this situation.

Aka PUP dding
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-11 06:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

your face is pup dding

yeah i said it, SO?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-11 07:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
your face is pup dding

yeah i said it, SO?

MY FEELINGS! You hurt them:( :P

<3 Slap Tamoa for me!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-11 07:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

OK
 Seraph.Rof
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2011-06-11 11:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the answers ^^

It's not a big lost anyway, 19 punches instead of 18 to have 100 TP, and if this ring wins inside and outside abyssea, i wont hesitate =)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-06-11 11:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
for 1handed jobs like MNK/PUP/THF etc, the Store TP does little to nothing. (I won't say absolutely nothing).
ITT: because you can't calculate it into an x-hit build, it does little to nothing.

welcome to the new allakhazam.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-06-11 12:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
for 1handed jobs like MNK/PUP/THF etc, the Store TP does little to nothing. (I won't say absolutely nothing).
ITT: because you can't calculate it into an x-hit build, it does little to nothing.

welcome to the new allakhazam.

ITT: People can't read for ***. hint, 20 > 19 hit build is a "Little" boost.

Most 1-handed DD (Well, THF) Don't get Store TP gear outside of Rajas, and Brutal. thats 6Store TP, while +5 From rajas will as guy-above said bring you to a 19 from a 20hit, That is what i would call a "little" Improvement.

Is it smaller than say, +2% Triple attack? IDK, This is why i said wait for more responses as well.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-06-11 17:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
your face is pup dding

yeah i said it, SO?

MY FEELINGS! You hurt them:( :P

<3 Slap Tamoa for me!

Hey now, what did I do? D:
 Ramuh.Jaysin
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Jaysin 2011-06-14 00:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the problems with x-hits on H2H and dual wield jobs is that if you go from a 20hit to 19 hit, It is still 10 attack rounds. Also, when you get numbers that big the odds of you missing due to the 1/20 rule are much higher than if you were a 2 hander.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-14 01:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the latent on this crazy thing anyways? is it just MP drain? if so, that kinda sucks even with 12 mp merits ><
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-06-14 01:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesnt drain your MP, you need to have a minimum of 100 (101 ?) MP and it will work full time
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-14 01:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

oh thats actually not so bad then... mp merits are a go then lol dual purpose ftw lol (8/8 atm since i'm still on break, but i research on these forums while i'm takin my break since i'm comin back soon lol...)