First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-01 02:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
GRRRR DON'T YOU GO BE MAKING FUN OF MY BLUE MAGE IT IS THE BEST THING TO EVER GRACE THIS EARTH

idk man, judging by your raging atm i'd assume i proc'd your weakness

back to deleveling nin you go, because it's obviously an inferior job
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-06-01 03:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
I was under the assumption that 5-hitting isnt even worth it, especially inside abyssea because generally you have such a High TP overflow that TP'ing in ***gear isnt doing much for you if your double or triple attacking before your last swing anyways. Or that seems to be whats going around on BG.
I think that's more for WAR than it is for SAM. But double and triple attacking before your last swing isn't the problem, it's DA or TA ON your last swing that causes overflow.

SAM is not that far behind WAR in double attack, and that is the argument for WAR maintaining a 6-hit vs a 5-hit.

I used Masamunai's Damage calculator spreadsheet that was released a while ago as well, it showed the 6-hit masamune beating the 5-hit by a 2% difference~ I don't know how accurate the spread sheet actually is though.

A higher x-hit build also favors ODD more than a lower.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-01 03:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't doubt the six and five-hit builds being considerably close on samurai too as far as inside goes, but outside, it's fairly one-sided tbh and will continue to be once store tp v comes out of course (bye tactical mantle, even if it's only five points worth of store tp)

well, that, and the five-hit paired with 20/tick meditate is a common neglected factor as far as those comparisons go imo
By Keyera 2011-06-01 09:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i like the 5-hit because of the meditate's 20tp/tick regain, and it stays consistently so. i've had much more success with a 5-hit over a 6-hit both in and outside of abyssea, being able to put out 4 or 5 fudos within a 20 second period with only sekkanoki. I'm also really lazy, and dusk gloves dont really appeal to me because of the lowered movement speed (sad i know, but like i said, i'm lazy :P)
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-06-01 09:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

5 hit ?

Not 4 !? weird >.> Thinking Relic be best for GK >.>
By Keyera 2011-06-01 09:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Keyera said:

rose strap, white tathlum, ganesha's mala, moonshade earring (4atk/1regain over kemas), dusk gloves (even nq are better than ace's mufflers), oneiros ring (over spiral ring), tactical mantle, bullwhip belt

tp in that, and ws in at least rose strap, brutal earring, rajas ring and unkai haidate +2 to hold the five-hit outside abyssea

for inside,

that

vv/rr/apoc is correct, though regardless, you should be playing war/sam six-hit ss/rr/apoc inside abyssea anyways :D

sad thing is that this screenshot's not even the best of true war/sam either, and this as is already crushes every other dd inside abyssea pretty much

I really dont see anything regarding my question in this screenshot, sorry :x. As they say, Quantity > Qaulity
By BorealisV2 2011-06-01 09:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played around with 5 hit Masamune a lot and I have to agree with Keyera. It's a hard hitting WS and being able to get 4-5 off in quick succession whenever meditate is up is fun as hell. Light skillchains be *** errything up.
[+]
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-06-01 09:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
5 hit ?

Don't level SAM. Just...don't.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-06-01 09:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Crystenne said:
5 hit ?

Gonna laugh when at next update relic beats the living crap out of lolmasamune.
By Keyera 2011-06-01 09:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Fenrir.Crystenne said:
5 hit ?

Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-06-01 09:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Fenrir.Crystenne said:
5 hit ?

More the idea of a good 4-hit than relic (last I checked 90 Amano was on par with Masamune, if not better anyway), but keep on trollin' there~
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-01 11:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Keyera said:
I really dont see anything regarding my question in this screenshot, sorry :x. As they say, Quantity > Qaulity

read the portion above the screenshot for your question to be answered

my point with the screenshot is that the only way you'd ever manage a fudo/kaiten like that on even briareus of all things would be with sneak attack, razed ruins and sanguine scythe, and by doing that i'm fairly certain you're smart enough to realize you'd be gimping yourself terribly, and since the reason behind samurai being so powerful before abyssea was superior weapon skill damage/frequency, WELL, let's just say it's kind of impossible to keep up when it takes three of your own weapon skills to match the damage of merely one put out by a war/sam (who of which weapon skills just as fast as you as well)

Fenrir.Crystenne said:
More the idea of a good 4-hit than relic (last I checked 90 Amano was on par with Masamune, if not better anyway), but keep on trollin' there~

lv90 bromune edges out bromanomurakumo by a sly bit currently due to the superior aftermath effect (even though kaiten allows you to tell tactical mantle to kick rocks), but at ninety-five, if there's a notable increase to the x2.5 activation rate and/or even further weapon skill damage increase to relics, well, y'know

stuff

though, as is, +35 accuracy toward things in vwnm in particular is fairly handy too anyways, so there isn't much of a detriment to using it atm ;z
By Keyera 2011-06-01 12:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Keyera said:

read the portion above the screenshot for your question to be answered

my point with the screenshot is that the only way you'd ever manage a fudo/kaiten like that on even briareus of all things would be with sneak attack, razed ruins and sanguine scythe, and by doing that i'm fairly certain you're smart enough to realize you'd be gimping yourself terribly, and since the reason behind samurai being so powerful before abyssea was superior weapon skill damage/frequency, WELL, let's just say it's kind of impossible to keep up when it takes three of your own weapon skills to match the damage of merely one put out by a war/sam (who of which weapon skills just as fast as you as well)

the point of the question was to optimize a 5-hit build on my budget in and out of abyssea, not to compare damage to a warrior, ;) i have no interest in playing warrior, much less getting a hammer for a great axe. make like a sheep hearder, and get the flock out of here :P
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-01 12:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Keyera said:

rose strap, white tathlum, ganesha's mala, moonshade earring (4atk/1regain over kemas), dusk gloves (even nq are better than ace's mufflers), oneiros ring (over spiral ring), tactical mantle, bullwhip belt

tp in that, and ws in at least rose strap, brutal earring, rajas ring and unkai haidate +2 to hold the five-hit outside abyssea

for inside,

that
By Keyera 2011-06-01 12:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Keyera said:

for inside,

that

lol i did indeed see that, iro lol. just confused as to why you post an ukkos showing ws damage ^^
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-01 12:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Keyera said:
lol i did indeed see that, iro lol. just confused as to why you post an ukkos showing ws damage ^^

that's the funny part: it's not even ukko's fury there
By Keyera 2011-06-01 12:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Keyera said:

that's the funny part: it's not even ukko's fury there

its also funny that i herped all over my derp. Raging Rush*
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-01 12:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

iron, PM me your War's WS set plz lol... and atmas you use lol... I took a break, but couldn't bust 5k+ RR's on my 89 War >_< (Granted I need a better Gaxe....)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-01 12:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

they're technically not "my" sets, more-so the general agreed consensus of many warriors/mathematicians, but either way,

hi (near the bottom)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-01 12:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Preciate ya mate, thx
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Drizy
user: Drizy
By Fenrir.Drizy 2011-08-01 16:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

IM sorry guys but I just got back to game and was wondering how much store tp do you need in gear for a 5 hit? I have 5/5 store tp merits.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 16:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

*Fixed!

This is what I plan on using for my 5-hit, Moonshade has regain on it. I don't have Fazhuelo mail or Ganesha mala, probably won't 'cause my LS won't do Voidwatch. Don't have Hachi either as I sold them a while ago,but I'm working on getting a new pair. Only obvious upgrades to these that I see, but overall should work.
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-08-01 17:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:

Unless I'm missing something, you shouldn't need regain on the earring to 5-hit with that set. You can wear bushi or some atk earring in its place.

I don't have these in a FFXIAH equipset unfortunately, but this is my 5-hit build and my fudo set.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 17:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fudo won't provide 20 TP with that WS set.
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-08-01 17:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need fudo to give 20 TP. Take a look at this spreadsheet. Pretty sure you can save off a copy of it for your own use to play with.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 17:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm interesting, I neglected to add the fraction of TP after the base amount.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-08-01 17:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Drizy said:
IM sorry guys but I just got back to game and was wondering how much store tp do you need in gear for a 5 hit? I have 5/5 store tp merits.

81 average. (90 sam and full merits is 40). So you only need to average +41 stp in gear over the 5 hits (including ws).

my ghetto sam builds. Don't have +2 boots yet or rose strap, but still maintains true 5 hit.

TP

WS
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-08-01 17:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Drizy said:

5/5 store tp merits

5hit

TP

WS
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-01 17:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious as to why you guys opt to use Twilight over varangian.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11