Good Zone To Solo Pup?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Good zone to solo pup?
Good zone to solo pup?
By Tebernok66 2011-04-20 20:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering what abyssea zone is good for soloing pup. I retired pup a while back and now im gonna dust it off and have a go. I have pretty decent gear as far as eva set and tp set.
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-04-21 03:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the level to solo anything in abyssea, you should have the level to go in a pt (ally) to level/skill up faster.

Now if you really want to be solo, any abyssea area should be ok, cause mobs are EP/DC and will level up/down with your speed kill.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-04-21 06:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk about soloing Abbysea zones on Pup. However, I have heard that Pup has had some success soloing in the dunes...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-04-22 11:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
LOLPUP, LOLPUPSOLOING. ----> This post is pending moderation.

I lol'd. Anyway, soloing in Abyssea? Well I know you could solo with BLM frame, but you'd need heavy nuking atmas on and have high enough skill. Or you could melee kill them I suppose with WHM frame. My suggestion is PUP/NIN and fight something most people don't fight, but try to avoid BLM type monsters or ones with heavy AoE damage.

Honestly, you might just be better off finding a place outside of Abyssea to solo at. What's your level?
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-22 11:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Grauberg is nice for doing dominion.. you can fight wyvrens and puks, though wyvrens are easier. you can do crawlers in vukerl, they are pretty easy to go through. I havent tried alot of the dominion mobs as i stick mainly to wyvrens if i do any.. but from what i know of the Hero's zone, most of the mobs there are pretty decent to solo at 90
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-22 11:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I would do bluffalo with a good blm pup. could one shot them with the right atma/maneuvers and they have low acc since you have more eva than monks it would be doable easily even without

A new item came out recently as well. Restores 35% of any pets hp (wyvern automaton avatar bst jug) just like using hi potions, no job ability needed

great for emergencies
Dawn Mulsim
ill have to check that item out, havent used that...i try not to put my auto in any danger, so usually if i use blm auto on anything, i /sch for sleeps... or i simply go pup/dnc pup/nin and have whm auto cure bomb me. that item though depending on the auto's setup, could be very handy if you duo with the auto instead of master tanking.