New Challenge (PUP)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » New Challenge (PUP)
New Challenge (PUP)
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-18 02:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, gotcha ^^
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-18 02:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You could do either Sharpshot first at 10, or stormwaker ... both magic and rngd are a pain to level up, (later levels magic not so much because of blm and whm auto's being used alot. Sharpshot can solo decently if you have shock absorber/replicator/ and some evasion attachments on him... just keep some auto oils on hand and try to take some hate off him every once in a while if he gets to low.

Personally i did him first, and i wish i did storm waker first. but to be honest, solo'ing those early levels back then wasnt as easy as it is now with FOV buffs. so you should be fine either way you go. which ever you choose first though at 10, do the other at 20, and leave VE for 30.
 Ifrit.Jynxy
Server: Ifrit
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-04-18 02:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmkay, thank you.

Planned on leaving valoredge for later, doesn't look all that hot actually.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-18 02:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jynxy said:
Mmkay, thank you.

Planned on leaving valoredge for later, doesn't look all that hot actually.
VE is ok... they really need to revamp his dmg output, or atleast make him more solid for tanking ... as it stands right now, very mediocre.

But yea good luck with your leveling!
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-04-18 13:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

but for things like ice maker good luck getting one maybe ur server is easier, im on unicorn and have not seen one go up for 4 months :( which makes my blm frame a total joke i hate you SE!
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-04-18 13:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
but for things like ice maker good luck getting one maybe ur server is easier, im on unicorn and have not seen one go up for 4 months :( which makes my blm frame a total joke i hate you SE!

Maybe shout for an Alchemist with the Guild KI to make em. or lvl alch to 60 and get the KI and ingredients yourself.
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-04-18 13:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well u also need clothcraft 37 not to mention one of the ing. is a drop from some bcnm or somthing to much hasle if u ask me
 Carbuncle.Mythikah
Server: Carbuncle
user: Mythikah
By Carbuncle.Mythikah 2011-04-18 14:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Carbuncle.Mythikah said:

Sometimes it's a single nuke that matters, and that's what I meant anyways. Also, pups can't choose which nuke is being used and that's a downside as well.

That's kinda true, but not true. Let's make an example!

If a monster has a normal magic resistances to all elements, then the automaton will case the highest tier nuke it has (Blizzard V)

If a monster is resistant to an element (Ice Elemental), then automaton goes with next highest spell to cast (Fire V; which happens to be weakness)

Honestly, idk what the automaton would do if it was against a monster that absorbs magic damage with no kind of elemental resists... Most of those kinda monsters, I'm either on SMN or BLU >.> I think that, since it's not resistant to any certain element, it's still cast... Only locks up on casting when you throw it into debuffing mode and monster is immune/highly resistant to all status effects.

I should see if I can get this geek mode switch set to perma off...

What do you mean by debuffing mode? Also an annoyance i have with the blm is when it refuses to cast crap other than drain or aspir >.> I mean I could resummon it so its hp/mp are full but ugh. It has enough mana, it should just nuke! XD