Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » A few questions about PUP
A few questions about PUP
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 14:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I get from 28 to 30 and what do I have to look forward to when I burn it to 90. Please help me, I wanna know what I can look forward to with PUP in a group setting that will set it apart from other jobs in usefulness.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-16 14:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
How do I get from 28 to 30 and what do I have to look forward to when I burn it to 90. Please help me, I wanna know what I can look forward to with PUP in a group setting that will set it apart from other jobs in usefulness.
Can we stop with the obsession with wailing on pup Draylo, I mean really, did a clown kill your parents or something?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 14:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh? I am asking a serious question here.
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-04-16 14:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
How do I get from 28 to 30
Solo up in Qufim, bring your towel fellow if need be.

Quote:
what do I have to look forward to when I burn it to 90.
Many lonely nights getting your puppet's skills up to snuff.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 15:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Please help me, I wanna know what I can look forward to with PUP in a group setting that will set it apart from other jobs in usefulness.

plz help

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Leif
Server: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-04-16 15:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Please help me, I wanna know what I can look forward to with PUP in a group setting that will set it apart from other jobs in usefulness.

plz help
plz is not a word.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 15:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pl0x?
 Gilgamesh.Wobbit
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Wobbit
By Gilgamesh.Wobbit 2011-04-16 15:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you fully skill up the mage frame and get the BLM and WHM auto heads, you can bring either a personal BLM that can learn up to blizzard V (I think) or a healer that can cast cure VI across the party. That is after hitting 90 and putting 5 merits levels in Automaton Magic Skill. That is as well as being a blunt DD yourself.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-16 15:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What's bad... is that people are actually trying to help you even though you're clearly being a douche nozzle.

But w/e
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-04-16 15:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
What's bad... is that people are actually trying to help you even though you're clearly being a douche nozzle.

But w/e
I'm waiting for people to learn not to take notice of him when he posts in these PUP forums but it never happens.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 15:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How am I being a douche, I am asking a serious question and get rate down for no reason. :/
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 15:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Wobbit said:
If you fully skill up the mage frame and get the BLM and WHM auto heads, you can bring either a personal BLM that can learn up to blizzard V (I think) or a healer that can cast cure VI across the party. That is after hitting 90 and putting 5 merits levels in Automaton Magic Skill. That is as well as being a blunt DD yourself.

My main question was, what sets it apart from usefulness from other jobs. So it can deal a little DD and heal some, I have a WHM a tank that DD's and a BLM. What can my PUP contribute when I lvl it to 90? BLM can proc grellow and stun harmfull spells/WS. WHM can heal and raise and not have to rely on NPC AI.
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 15:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
How am I being a douche, I am asking a serious question and get rate down for no reason. :/

Go back to sleep.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2011-04-16 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

plz help

Like Leif said, for 28-30, I would just solo pages in Qufim to get those last 2 levels.

As for Pup in an endgame setting, I don't really know much of what it can do outside of Abyssea. But inside Abyssea Pup can perform really really well depending on the situation.

For big things that are not very magic resistant (Hedjedjet, NQ ToAU bosses, ect.) the BLM puppet would perform really well. But it would only work well if you have the proper attachments (Loudspeaker 1/2, Ice maker, and Tranquilizer if you are getting a lot of resists). The Blm puppet along with a proper Pet: MAB build would help it a whole lot.

Another thing pup would be good at doing is farming lights you need from Eph's/Elementals. Just knock them down a bit by meleeing them, then just nuke them with the Automaton.

Along with farming lights, you can kill very fast just soloing mobs as Pup, which would make you a great person to use to farm time while other people are fighting those mobs that are very AoE heavy or absorb a particular type of damage during ws/magic casting since it would make you either useless or be too risky to use against. Just using the Burattinaios from the T3 VNM in Abyssea-Ule can increase your damage output a lot by taking your pets TP that it gets from them. If you plan to do Pup a lot in Abyssea, do NOT neglect your own TP/WS set for it. I know a lot of Pup's that like to focus mainly on their pet, while that's good outside Abyssea, it's completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE inside because Stringing Pummel is just broken inside and you will totally decimate any damage that your Automaton does for things that you can melee.

I personally have a set for pretty much every Automaton frame depending on their actions. For Valoredge (Haven't found a reason to really use this frame except for doing shitty trials and mooching off it's TP in Abyssea for those times I have someone healing me) I just stack on all the Pet: Haste, Acc, Str, and things like that on when I'm not meleeing while it is. For the mage puppets (except the Whm head) I stack a lot of pet: MAB and ACC for it which makes a considerable difference than just letting it go without my own gear. And for the Rng puppet, I usually just use Stout Arm, Atma of the Wanderer, and VV to just run in and have it ws and just deactivate it depending on whether it pulled hate or not on the NM.

But if you are really serious about Pup, the things I would focus on are (in order of importance) Stringing Pummel, Automaton attachments (Most important are Loudspeakers, Ice Maker, Condenser and tranquilizer, and if you have the money, Optic fiber and turbo charger), TP/WS gear, and then Pet bonus gear.

Hopefully this helps with whatever questions you have :D

P.S. If you want a good way to skill up Automaton magic, just get your whm puppet and go to Beadeaux and stand at the Afflictor with a mob on you and you engaged on it with you turned around, and have your puppet stand out of range and have it spam Cursna on you. Be sure to run a script to use Dark Maneuver to have your Automaton never run out of mp, and wear some regen gear so you don't get killed. This is a good method to skill up magic while afk.
[+]