Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » an idea for VE
an idea for VE
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 19:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

With so many bst pets with huge HP pools, i would love to see an adjustment be made to VE in the HP department. as it is right now, i can get probably about 2k HP... if something were to be done to his defensive stats and his HP i could really see using this to solo as a viable option. even in some duo trio situations too.

Every frame has its strong points except for VE, he is not good on dmg and not good on defense.. something needs to be done
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 19:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You might want to reword that it's kinda confusing... especially that last sentence

Also VE has nothing to do with hp
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 19:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

VE has a strong HP pool, and thats a good thing, but when he gets hit, he simply takes to much dmg. thats the second point.. theres nothing confusing about that. I just feel that compaired to other frames he is lacking... the frame itself is mediocre in the dmg department compaired to blm and rng frame.. hell even harly with knockout can do some good dmg, VE cannot do any of that..

so i think a refining the qualities that he does have is important.. give him more hp, or some kind of hp boost, outside of auto repair kits, and redo his dmg taken and defensive stats
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 20:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sorry you mean valor edge... thought you meant emnity...

Um it's it the best defensive frame by far? Thought that was the whole point of it. Kinda a tanking frame

And you can smn your pet alot more often then a bst can and with that frame doesn't it heal itself alot more well different frame I guess? And then there is cannibal blade. Flash stoneskin serious -dmg attachments haste etc.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 20:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Um it's it the best defensive frame by far? Thought that was the whole point of it. Kinda a tanking frame

And you can smn your pet alot more often then a bst can and with that frame doesn't it heal itself alot more? And then there is cannibal blade. Flash stoneskin serious -dmg attachments haste etc.
sorry figured since it was in the pup forum would be self explanitory
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 20:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

And you can smn your pet alot more often then a bst can and with that frame doesn't it heal itself alot more well different frame I guess? And then there is cannibal blade. Flash stoneskin serious -dmg attachments haste etc.
its an inbetween frame of pld and war.. but nothing best of both.. thats kinda why its mediocre. and yes we can call the pet more now, with deus ex, but using that puts the auto way down in health, and activate is not near the timer the bsts have for call bst. it cannot heal, no magic pool, and cannibal blade is ok, but only heals for a little bit of hp, if it was able to do more, in the healing hp... that would be very useful. flash and stoneskin are good, there are some dmg reduction, and def. attachments but they are not great at all, and haste is good but only speeds up attack for him, which is good to get tp, but then you dont have a good weapon skill for dmg.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-08 20:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to see some rediculous Canibal blades back in the day (before they "fixed" it) and doesn't it cure the same amount damage dealt?

Anyways they probably made it not as good DD to get some of that defensive ability. Would be kinda unfair for it to DD as good as the others and be better defensively. Doesn't it attack faster than other frames? Meh some bst pets suck
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-08 20:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I used to see some rediculous Canibal blades back in the day (before they "fixed" it) and doesn't it cure the same amount damage dealt?

Anyways they probably made it not as good DD to get some of that defensive ability. Would be kinda unfair for it to DD as good as the others and be better defensively. Doesn't it attack faster than other frames? Meh some bst pets suck
its attack speed is the same as other frames, and the defense is only a little higher than the others but not significant enough to be worthwhile, and that tackled into the low dmg out put, is the single reason hardly anyone uses this fram.
 Asura.Flowooo
Server: Asura
user: FloW
By Asura.Flowooo 2011-04-09 05:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Burattinaios

VE Canibal Blade spam {you can have this.}
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-04-14 10:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, I use VE in combination with Burts Ducal Guard, RR and and AoA with a dark maneuver up at all times and an earth maneuver up with Shock Absorber/Armor PlateII/Analyzer/Hammermill for those occasional Shield Bashes. It works pretty well most of the time. With the spamming of Canibal Blade and repair oils to back it up, VE can survive quite a long time in a pet fight type situation.
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-04-18 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Another Fun atma combination with VE is RR Mounted Champion and Vissitude. 35 tick regen <3

That regain H2h looks awesome, my jaw dropped when i saw 10TP/tick. thats crazy!

Edit: ALtho i wanna try Apoc MC and vissitude one time.