Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Fudo Skillchain
Fudo Skillchain
 Shiva.Keyera
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2011-04-05 18:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As the title states, does Tachi: Fudo no longer skillchain Light with Tachi: Kasha. Opening with kasha, that is. Earlier in my experiences with fudo, a friend of mine and i had always been able to generate Light with that skillchain. but while hunting VNMs, i realized that it wasnt skillchaining, not even a T1 or T2. Is it a glitch? am i just dumb? or did fudo get nerfed? thanks for the input.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-05 18:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe it or not there are things fudo won't make a skillchain with. Unless you did multiple varieties of ws's with it then it could be very possible you just found one combo that won't produce a skillchain.
If it was expected to produce a skillchain, make sure you aren't swapping gear too soon as that will cut off the animation and you won't see any damage or the animation except for the beginning of it depending on how fast you gear swapped. For that issue i'd suggest getting bmn.
Other than that it could just be an issue in timing, skillchains are hard yo.
But I highly doubt that fudo now produces no skillchains.

Edit: Also on ws's that will deal the finishing blow to the enemy without a skillchain, the skillchain will not occur, in case that might've been a situation.
[+]
 Shiva.Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2011-04-05 18:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

as i had said, we had tried it without gear swaps as well, AND before the earthquake, we had done a light countless times ;x, just a straight kasha > fudo, with no extra weapon skills in between
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-04-05 18:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking at the skillchain properties, there should be no way to do kasha -> fudo to get light. Did you often have another melee setting up light for kasha maybe? Frag WS -> kasha -> fudo would give light but straight kasha -> fudo shouldn't work at all.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-05 18:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

kasha is fusion/compression while fudo is light/distortion

edit: they wont skill chain
[+]
 Shiva.Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2011-04-05 18:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

was definitely not any other melee combination, i will provide an example ^^. Killing Tenzen, i opened kasha, and they closed fudo and gave us light, they then followed with fudo again for a double light. was 1.5k > 2k > 2k (sc) > 2.2k > 3k (sc) we killed tenzen in 3 hits total. i dont know, it may have been something funky, but it definitely was light-ing
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-05 18:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

unless fudo is light/frag then it wont t3 skillchain with kasha
 Shiva.Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2011-04-05 18:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

guess it may have been messed up before. cuz unless ive been hallucinating, or taking some messed up drugs that make that sort of thing possible, it was definitely doing light before. thanks for the input everone