Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Question about Cannibal Blade
Question about Cannibal Blade
 Carbuncle.Aikakaka
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Aikakaka
By Carbuncle.Aikakaka 2011-03-10 07:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

hi guys, since a while after got burattinaios, i been trying melee frame on pup,the question is, is there anyway to boost damage of cannibal blade besided store up high tp?? coz my pup can max deal out 380-430 damage.
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-03-10 09:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap your melee skill and use a Flame Holder (with one fire maneuver), you should do 500-600~ dmg lev 90 on normal mobs

Maybe the af 3 head help too ("Automaton: TP Bonus") but i never saw a boost of dmg :-/
 Carbuncle.Aikakaka
Server: Carbuncle
user: Aikakaka
By Carbuncle.Aikakaka 2011-03-10 10:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any atma can boost the effect???
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-03-10 10:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

if its a fire type affect, there is an atma from altepa cerb that boosts fire damage
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-03-10 14:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do correct me if I'm wrong about puppets getting Atma effects, but Ducal Guard works on Garuda.

Atma of the Smiting Blow - TP Bonus +100, 2h WSAcc (probably doesn't apply, but pets can be screwy)
Atma of the Would-be King - TP Bonus Minor, Regain 1/tic, Conserve TP
Atma of the Demonic Skewer - TP Bonus Minor, STR, 5% nullify physical

Any of these should be helpful, though Smiting Blow is probably the most effective if you're just going to use one.

Smiting Blow/RR/VV is then probably a hot combo, if not Smiting/RR/GH is better if you have Stringing Pummel as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Selka
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-03-15 09:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet melee skill and TP both affect Cannibal Blade. So I would expect that the new AF hat should increase damage as well, but I'd have to see some testing to make sure (mostly because Gael is unsure o.O). I would also expect anything with TP bonus to increase damage, as well.

So far as I know, Cannibal Blade is not a fire ele WS, so fire attack+ should not increase its damage. However, that makes me wonder if Atma of Gales would help with lol Knockout damage...

But as speaking of Atma, why would you really want to load up too much on Store TP atma? When fighting normal mobs, you should be more concerned with Stringing Pummel damage. When using your pet to solo NMs, I would only want to add on one TP bonus atma (probably Smiting Blow), so you can keep on more useful stuff like Mounted Champion / Ducal Guard / Razed Ruins.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2011-03-15 09:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How to boost Caniball blade? Raise automaton melee skill.

Please SE boost Valoredge automaton and make Bonecrusher and Cannibal blade do 1000+ DMG
 Bismarck.Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-03-15 09:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said:

Please SE boost Valoredge automaton and make Bonecrusher and Cannibal blade do 1000+ DMG
That would be soooo broken if CB could do 1000+. Your pet would be absolutely invincible!
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2011-03-16 18:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Selka said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:

That would be soooo broken if CB could do 1000+. Your pet would be absolutely invincible!
I wouldnt mind XD . well at least let bonecrusher do 1000+ then
 Bismarck.Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-03-17 08:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Bismarck.Selka said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:

I wouldnt mind XD . well at least let bonecrusher do 1000+ then
Teeeeeechnically... just go fight some lvl 60 skellys and you can see numbers like 2k+ ;)
But I assume you mean against Abyssea exp mobs and NMs and stuff... lol I ageree, that would be nice. At least give us a new WS for each frame, hopefully something multi-hit that can crit.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-03-22 10:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hopefully something multihit and that can crit".
I wouldn't really hope for that much.
Altough new WSs that do not require HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE maneuvers to be kept up would be very very welcome.
Now it may be just me, but I personally always hated the WS prioritize by maneuver system.

I lost count of the amount of times my puppet used a wrong WS because of that =/

But anyway, Armor Piercer is decent I'd say, whereas Valoredge WSs really suck imho.
Valoredge could be a decent DD option (with the good attachments) also because it could perfectly share the master's Atma, whereas with Sharpshoot or Spiritreaver you're kinda gimping your own's damage output to buff your pet's (or vice-versa), if only it had a good-enough WS.
But then again I guess as of now the master himself without automaton is pulling off good-enough numbers, making the automaton any stronger than that would probably creater further unbalancing between jobs.