Gear For Victory Smite (PUP)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Gear for Victory Smite (PUP)
Gear for Victory Smite (PUP)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-02-22 08:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so recently I finished my Revenant Fists +2 for my PUP and been looking for a smite build for PUP. Atm my build is...

I do have a thunder belt I could swap in instead of Sentry, but I really havn't noticed much difference in damage doing that. Any suggestions?
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-22 08:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont let Spicyryan see this thread :/
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-22 08:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe dominion pants?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 08:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Another situation where ws mod or att would probably be better than elemental belt/gorget.

Anyways changes I'd make....

Head:Tokon Hachimaki if it helps break a tier otherwise Gnadbhod's Helm

neck:Faith Torque, Agasaya's Collar, Ire Torque +1

earrings:Vulcan's Pearl X2

Body: Cirque Farsetto +1/2,

Hands: Cirque Guanti +2

rings: Pyrosoul Ring X2

back: Vellaunus' Mantle

waist: Beir Belt +1

legs: Usukane Hizayoroi

Ramuh.Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-02-22 08:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay... Guess I got some work to do since all of those buyable items are pretty expensive lol...
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 09:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Strigoi Ring would be good too. Also the 7 stat rings are kinda overpriced now from the way I understand it but part of that is not too many people buying and the difficulty of the synergy... still think I should try making monies on them
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-22 09:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Head:Tokon Hachimaki if it helps break a tier otherwise Gnadbhod's Helm
Tokon is no good, even if it breaks a h2h tier. It's 60% str mod. A mere 4 str would be 2 DMG tiers as far as smite goes.

His best bet here is going to swap his Moogle hat to 4 str 15 ws acc, 2% ws dmg.

Quote:
I'd use gorget over the first two. Third choice will win if acc is capped, lose if uncapped.

Quote:
earrings:Vulcan's Pearl X2
Brutal always.

Quote:
Body: Cirque Farsetto +1/2,
60% str mod, usu body probably going to be the best bet here unless your attack is abysmally low.

Quote:
rings: Pyrosoul Ring X2
Epona's

No complaints w/ the rest
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-02-22 10:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh actually I did do that augment on my moogle hat so got that covered. But it is nice to see multiple inputs into this lol. Thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [130 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Lyrminas
Server: Valefor
user: lyrminas
By Valefor.Lyrminas 2011-07-02 23:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:
I'd use gorget over the first two. Third choice will win if acc is capped, lose if uncapped.

Would Ire NQ = Gorget in overall dmg? I been hearing mostly negativity around gorgets , making them pretty low on the list if on the list at all for ws sets that are multi hit. I'm not a mathy person so I'm not certain, if you have any time would you point out which would be a better piece?

I have an Ire NQ and gorget but I have been using Ire as of late, I'm assuming its one of those " if acc isn't capped then gorget , if it is, Ire " kind of situation. Thanks in advance.
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-07-03 03:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot the ire torque, the Rancor Collar is a lot better (inside or outside abyssea).

About your question, the answer is a bit linked with the other gear you have. Inside abyssea NQ ire > gorget. Outside abyssea Gorget > NQ ire (actually outside abyssea gorget > HQ ire).

The best for you is to download the Motenten's spreadsheet and see with the gear you have, the difference between 2 items. If you want to check outside abyssea, remove the atma and the cruor buff (Spec Add).
 Valefor.Lyrminas
Server: Valefor
user: lyrminas
By Valefor.Lyrminas 2011-07-03 18:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a bunch Gael :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-12 17:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna necro this.. I just got rev fists+2 and I can't see how gorget beats ire+1 for WS..for inside or outside.. Also what's the best MKD helm setup for Smite? Dex+/agi+ crit+/WSdmg+? (for pup mainly but would also double up as my eventual blade:hi piece)
 Odin.Esor
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2011-09-14 22:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

crit/ws dmg same for pummel
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-09-14 22:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I'm gonna necro this.. I just got rev fists+2 and I can't see how gorget beats ire+1 for WS..for inside or outside.. Also what's the best MKD helm setup for Smite? Dex+/agi+ crit+/WSdmg+? (for pup mainly but would also double up as my eventual blade:hi piece)
Best damage, Crit+ and WSdmg+ should be best bet, with Str+/WSAcc+ replacing Crit+ being a close 2nd if I remember correctly(Which I use myself simply because I'm sure we'll start having accuracy issues again eventually.) Ire+1 DOES beat gorget for WS hands down.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-09-15 02:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Ire+1 DOES beat gorget for WS hands down.

Inside abyssea*

Outside it's an other story, especially in VW and dynamis (at least on NMs)

Anyway like i said it before, you have no reason to buy a ire +1 since it cost the same price that a rancor colar which pwn everything for WS (and TP if you dont care to take more dmg)

Quote:
Best damage, Crit+ and WSdmg+ should be best bet, with Str+/WSAcc+ replacing Crit+ being a close 2nd if I remember correctly

Again, in abyssea onry.

You can not miss the Str+/WSAcc+ outside abyssea (with ws dmg)
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-15 06:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said: »
Again, in abyssea onry. You can not miss the Str+/WSAcc+ outside abyssea (with ws dmg)
No, even inside abyssea youll be suffering acc issues on scar/hero NMs. If monks have +20skill over pup, along with a perma 25acc from aggress/focus rotation, monk vs pup ws gear in acc, pup probably has more as it probably needs more, but over all monk should still pull ahead with 15-20 more acc overall(counting JA/skill etc). That being said monk barely gets away with that acc on some scar NMs, NMs like Dragua are said to be more evasive so thats something to consider.

Honestly, no reason not to go with ws damage+ 15acc/str regardless of abyssea.(I know you probably know that, but just clearing it up for anoyone else that might have doubts)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-15 14:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Store TP is always useful for DW and H2H jobs unless you're getting TP purely through regain. Rajas + Epona's is the best TP option available right now unless you're in dire need of accuracy.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-09-15 15:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Honestly, no reason not to go with ws damage+ 15acc/str regardless of abyssea.(I know you probably know that, but just clearing it up for anoyone else that might have doubts)

Ya ya, it was just to answer to Spathaian ^^

Quote:
Rajas + Epona's is the best TP option available right now

For that i saw in motenten's file, the best combo is epona + oneiros (assuming you had some MP merits, and even if you have enough store tp to save a hit). It's not true anymore ?

Quote:
Will Rancor Collar outperform Cirque Necklace

Yep, rancor > everything for tp or ws, inside or outside Abyssea
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-09-15 19:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

taking everything i have not to scream, Rev Fists +2?? are you stupid???? either get a vere for the aftermath or stick with stringing pummel /thred
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-15 19:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
i'm either trolling, or thinking people don't get satire
yes.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-09-15 19:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit I never specified inside or outside Abyssea when I said what I did. I also still hold that Crit dmg+ and WS dmg+ is still going to do more damage, both inside and out. This is of course going on the assumption that even outside Abyssea we're going to be capped, if not damn near close to it, on accuracy in except on newer things.

However with the newer content, like Voidwatch, where accuracy is becoming relevant again I agree that WSAcc+ and WS dmg+ is a clear winner for PUP, and as I said in my post I have that exact Anwig Salade augment.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-15 20:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

taking everything i have not to scream, Rev Fists +2?? are you stupid???? either get a vere for the aftermath or stick with stringing pummel /thred

Wait, what? Pardon me, as I'm not a PUP. But Stringing Pummel definitely has nothing on VSmite.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-15 20:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you need a hug?
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-09-15 20:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said: »

Wait, what? Pardon me, as I'm not a PUP. But Stringing Pummel definitely has nothing on VSmite.

Could be very close string pummel is awesome :3
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-15 20:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said: »

From last I heard, pummel beat out Vsmite.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-15 20:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic is about Victory Smite. Leave it there.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-15 20:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

stringing pummel does have its moments, that's not to say "don't get victory smite it's a waste of time", but if you're only doing pup as a side project, I'd consider prioritizing better gear over revenant fists +2
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-15 20:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said: »
For that i saw in motenten's file, the best combo is epona + oneiros (assuming you had some MP merits, and even if you have enough store tp to save a hit). It's not true anymore ?
Sorry, I keep forgetting about that ring because I swapped to HP merits a while back. If you can reasonably expect to keep Oneiros active then yeah, it's generally a better second ring than Rajas.

EDIT: I really don't want to go delving into statistics right now but even if adding Store TP doesn't shave off a hit it should still decrease your average rounds to WS by a % almost identical to the amount of STP added after accounting for existing STP.
First Page 2 3 4 5