Camlann's Torment
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-14 18:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night I Obtained my Rhong 85.

Now i have some questions and some concerns.

First off TP. When /sam I regulate a 6hit. Slight overflow due to the extra STP on +2 body.
My concern is with my Current WS build.

It is lacking 5 STP to maintain a 6hit, so with camlann being a single hit, i am most likely to only recieve 16tp back.
Now is this a concern with having Drg's jumps and double TP return? Should i WS in... say hoard ring or my +2 body and lose the stats from Ares? Im really stumped. Im not sure if i should just be concerned with maxing my damage out from Aftermath or keeping 6hit to maintain Aftermath.

And this brings me to my 2nd question.
Tp'ing in general with this polearm. Once i +2 my feet (2 cards away) Would it be a smarter choice to TP in +2 legs (thus tping in 4/5 of my set) for the increased Crit dmg (Making ODD that much better) and the chance for my Set to proc.
Or am i better off keeping max haste?

There are so many different ways to go about drg with this weapon and from my testing last night.. i really dont know which way would be more beneficial.

Any suggestions and opinions would be great.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-14 18:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooooooh and on another note!

Camlann's TP return was funny last night.

I get my general 16 TP back from this build, but one WS returned 8 TP and very low dmg. So i assume i missed a hit... and landed a double attack.. but 8 tp ??? /confused.

Any help on that would also be great
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 18:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You could've missed and had conserve tp proc I think...

Hoard ring doesn't really hurt that much anymore with people auto capping fstr and Ddex in tp gear.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-14 18:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming your current profile set up is correct,

Ditch the mars's ring, TP in Hoard.

You'll end up w/ 17.2/hit (assuming you're using af3+2 body, ace's hands, rajas)

5 hits = 86, which means you'd only need 14 tp from ws (base /sam w/ no stp gear is 15.2) for 6hit.

As for your question, could have missed main hit, DA/TA'd and had conserve tp proc?
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-14 18:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the WS even good? How does it do outside of abyssea?
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-14 18:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So add another 4 stp would correct my WS issue? hmmmm. Guess ill do that.

Ontop of that. In abys, what would you suggest for Atma.

Im using RR, MC and Apoc.
RR for my crits/acc/drakes
MC for Camlann Mods
Apoc could be replaced, i just used for the nice TA proc rate.

As for the ws it self. In abys i was hitting 1500-3500. But i made the weapon purely for the Base dmg and ODD :D
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-14 18:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Could build to a 300 TP aftermath use CT, then spam Drakes until AM is over, id assume thats what you do? Same style of play a Ryunohige DRG would use.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-14 19:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya thats pretty much the go of it.

Best used in a zerg situation honestly. That or something where your always in engaged gets the best use. Einherjar, fast paced abyssea. etc etc.

I can break 1k jumps outside of abys, now i cant wait to see ODD proc on there
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-14 19:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you replace anything replace MC. 50 vit isn't going to come even in the same ballpark as 15% triple attack.

50 VIT is ws dmg only.

15% TA is DoT, WS frequency and ws dmg.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-14 19:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Drakes pulled 5k-6k on average at 100% tp. Might be better off just spamming drakes, unless you are /thf to force crit on Camlann's.

Unless of course the ODD is getting you an extra 3k damage per 100 TP.

Please ignore me if I'm off entirely. I'm not much of a 2-hander.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-14 19:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe you only hit the 5-6k on piercing mobs. Unless my Build is really bad. Lol I should post my drakes builds tonight.
I hav a max Dex one and a Max atk/str for when im in abys. But even then i might need more dex.

But ya Kirana, its all trial and error at this moment. Im trying ot figure out a good Jump system to keep my Calman up and drakes as often as possible.
So far I only see it being good in zergs/einherjar and fast pased situations where i can save up 300tp, then go nuts for 2 minutes.

So tiger, if i replace MC. What would be a good alternative, More Attack? Dex? Str? Im stumped as how to push my dmg.

OOOH and i realize my one question was skipped.

Tping in +2 legs. Does it win?
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-02-14 19:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Drakes should easily be able to hit 5k even on non-piercing weak mobs, though 6k (for me anyways) is much more rare.

If only using Camlann's for aftermath and drakes every other time, why not just WS in AF3+2 body? Won't be quite as good for the WS as ares's, but will make keeping 6 hit easier.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-14 19:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So tiger, if i replace MC. What would be a good alternative, More Attack? Dex? Str? Im stumped as how to push my dmg.

haven't rly checked all the options for drg at this time, wouldn't be able to give a reliable answer.

Leviathan.Korialstrasz said:
Drakes should easily be able to hit 5k even on non-piercing weak mobs, though 6k (for me anyways) is much more rare.

If only using Camlann's for aftermath and drakes every other time, why not just WS in AF3+2 body? Won't be quite as good for the WS as ares's, but will make keeping 6 hit easier.
hit 5k, sure. Average 5k, no *** way, lol.

As far as the stp issues, that was already cleared up. Why take a huge hit during ws when u can take a very minor one to TP (hoard over mars's)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-14 19:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the legs go, if you're not capping haste w/o leg slot, not a chance in hell
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-14 20:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i could with Zelus tiara. but +2 head is so yummy
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-15 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so.

Last night i was thinking about the TP builds.
The current one in my profile, swap mars for hoard and problem solved.
Now would that tp set beat this set?

VS

Also in the first set woul dhave +2 feet as well for 26%.

So in short its Poleskill/attack vs da/ta.

~~~~~
Now on a seperate note. Tiger! Look at my two sets.
Drakesbane OUTSIDE of Abyssea.

Lots o dex

Drakesbane INSIDE of Abyssea.

Lots of ftp mods and str/attack.

Now my concern, is RR enough to sustain a good drakes in abys or should i be using more Dex on gear.
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-15 13:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Two-handers in general cant wear epona's.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 15:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Is the WS even good? How does it do outside of abyssea?
It is wheeling thrust 2.0. Why would you care about outside abyssea? The WS is largely useless until SE adds an HNM strength mob outside of abyssea again.
^ truth, stick with drakesbane! and if you stack atmas purely for ws damage only, you can average 4-5k every drakesbane, i do it in exp parties where i need quick lights. though congrats on the spear? personally i find it just a show off toy, vougiers looks super sexier :v, but thats just one amateur's opinion.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-02-15 16:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

As far as the stp issues, that was already cleared up. Why take a huge hit during ws when u can take a very minor one to TP (hoard over mars's)
Never said it would be average, that was someone else. But how is losing ~10 atk and 12 vit for a shitty ws a "huge hit"?

Also wouldn't it be better to just ditch Ace's hands for Timarli, and use a different ring in place of hoard?
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-15 17:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

hahahaha im an idiot. I didnt even NOtice that. Good thing i didnt get yet !! (itll just be for my dnc i guess :D)

And yes getting timarli would prob be a good choice. THen i can keep Mars's on. Ill work on that next

Also ya, drakesbane is clearly dominant and always used.
This weapon is purely for the base DMG, and the aftermath that would come from a nice zerg. Or any situation where im engaged fulltime.
downtown = fail for this.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-15 17:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

dusk+1 are not that expensive :| do everyone that helped you the favor
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-15 17:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Never said it would be average, that was someone else. But how is losing ~10 atk and 12 vit for a shitty ws a "huge hit"?

Also wouldn't it be better to just ditch Ace's hands for Timarli, and use a different ring in place of hoard?
For a 60% vit ws, that is a pretty large hit. 12 of a mod in a single slot.

As far as the latter part goes, you are correct, but both of those solutions are better than changing ws body and honestly just up and forgot about Timarli and didn't want to suggest dusk+1 cause of the price, lol.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-15 19:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

*** dusk lol. Timarli is where im going.
Can you take a look at my 2 drakes builds tiger. Any suggestions.
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 19:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
*** dusk lol. Timarli is where im going. Can you take a look at my 2 drakes builds tiger. Any suggestions.
back at your drakes comparisons, RR is more than enough dex to sustain capped acc if you have capped polearm. i would find more str/atk to try and max it as much as possible (when i asked for gear suggestions in PJ they said this, so im going to go with it.) also, for your pants, the bestia breeches can get a 4% haste augment for TP phase, amongst other ones that can make them easily > homam.

if you aren't trying for ws+5hit build, +1 body + rajas was enough for 6hit, and you could replace horde w/ blitz and NQ dusk to make up for timarli until you get them.

just my noob 2 cents, feel free to correct or build off my ideas. (just random musings after skimming, i've probably missed gear you already have, dont chastize me for it!)
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-15 20:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya i know the 6hit is easy. body + raja. But id prefer to keep the +1 % on hands atm and just use hoard to keep my .2 tp for calmann's.
im 2/4 on pop for timarli. so they willcome soon.

And for drakes, ya i figured as much, thats why i have that 2nd build forinside abyss. Plenty of atk/str
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-14 21:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen the damage first hand, but it's obvious to me that even well built for torment that it doesn't match up to drakesbane. The only uses I see are pulling out aftermath so you can rape for the next minute or whatever, or that it's a single hit WS. Which to me (being obsessed with Double Attack) Means DA would be a lot more useful to it. you can only DA 1 hit of a WS, so with drakesbane it makes little impact, even though i almost always DA one of the hits (~25%). With camlaan's torment, it technically should double the damage 25% of the time. Mostly a trivial reason to Torment > Drakebane, but I'm just throwing it out there.