Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Looking for a updated pup guide
Looking for a updated pup guide
 Bismarck.Reyke
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-02-12 22:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Im completely new to pup and want to learn everything about the job. Mostly what attachments to buy ect. Also with pup does the master act as a tank or the automaton tank?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-12 23:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Automaton Attachments by Poof

If its the attachments you want to know about, this is the guide for you.

Stack EVA+ and ATT+ gear, the master is the tank while the automaton is either the healer or DD.

Um... Level Archery with your RNG Frame, you'll appreciate that high skill during your lolColibri parties (if anyone does that anymore).

For solo, go with /MNK until you're 25. AFTER LEVEL 25 SWITCH TO either /DNC (with Spiritreaver) or /NIN( with Soulsoother).
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-13 00:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Automaton Attachments by Poof

If its the attachments you want to know about, this is the guide for you.

Stack EVA+ and ATT+ gear, the master is the tank while the automaton is either the healer or DD.

Um... Level Archery with your RNG Frame, you'll appreciate that high skill during your lolColibri parties (if anyone does that anymore).

For solo, go with /MNK until you're 25. AFTER LEVEL 25 SWITCH TO either /DNC (with Spiritreaver) or /NIN( with Soulsoother).

Can't get either spiritreaver or soulsoother head until level 40 chief

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-02-13 02:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You're supposed to be the tank because your auto really can't take the hits. For an updated guide? I don't really believe there is any. People I've seen just level to 30, abyssea burn, and then skill up later.

Attachment wise, I'd say just take a look at the attachment list and see what suits your needs.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-13 17:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

meh, just trying to help.
[+]
 Bismarck.Reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-02-13 22:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm i was kinda looking for something more like from X lvl to X lvl use this frame with these attachments kinda guide.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-02-13 23:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I havent leveled it yet I plan on soloing/duoing with the update tomorrow cus of FOV and such. Dont really plan on burning it. Also is dnc a good sub for pup or is mnk better?
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-02-13 23:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

WELL WELL WELL. What do we have here? Besides Spicy doing his normal PUP bashing. (pay him no mind; he had a bad childhood experience with dolls and clowns.)

Anyhow, what you sub depends on your level. From like 1-10, I did /war. 10-24 or so I did /dnc for the drain samba, the switched to /nin for the shadows. Then back to /dnc at 30 when I had curing waltz. Afterwards, you're mostly going to be subbing /dnc solo. And using WHM or RDM frame solo. (You can worry about skilling up the RNG/WAR automatons during your free time when you can tank the mobs with only Waltz curing you.)

I suggest at level 10, get the red mage frame. It enfeebs/heals just like the base frame, but it also has more HP and can nuke too should you prompt it to. (pop an ice maneuver without damage gauge attachments on.) Then 20/30 it doesn't matter which you get. 40 is the level where you can get WHM or BLM; get WHM.

Helpful hint about WHM; if you have a status effect that it can remove with -na on and it has the skill level for that spell, it's going to -na you over cure. So if you have Healing Waltz (70+/dnc35) and need a cure but have something stupid like poison on, try to waltz it off before Automaton poisonas ya. Or, it you're lower than that, let it -na you and Deactivate it (with full HP). This will reset the activate timer and MP so you will have a fresh automaton. Activate, pop a Light Manever, and deploy. Should have your cure then.

If you need any other things explained, leave me a note or post here!

Oh, and here's the wiki page on the automaton. You can find the attachments and the spells/weapon skills it gets on there. Can also read up on the attachments for their effects and such.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Automaton
[+]
 Bismarck.Selka
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-02-28 10:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinte hasn't updated these in a while, but they're still great.

Gear Guide

Links and guides