Could it be done?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-24 02:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DD\mnk works these days, as long as it's for face-tanking!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Giti
Server: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2011-01-24 07:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen a few pup/mnk I didnt try it myself yet cause I always find myself having to go /nin or /war for things but I do want to try it out. Also me meaning to try war/mnk.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-24 07:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

back in the days, the only time /mnk was ok for PUP was when pup didn't get its first H2H trait. After that, it was usually between /nin, /dnc, /war
[+]
By phawk23 2011-01-24 13:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
back in the days, the only time /mnk was ok for PUP was when pup didn't get its first H2H trait. After that, it was usually between /nin, /dnc, /war
Iono lol maybe it's just me but I like countering
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-24 13:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

phawk23 said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
its like at as a useless sub if you go pup/mnk after 25. If you wanna counter, go MNK. And PUP focuses more on EVA than Counter.
[+]
By sylwyn 2011-01-27 10:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, as much fun as countering sounds I'm mostly always /dnc. Because pup can solo most abyssea exp friendly mobs relying mostly on eva, waltzes, and pummels that take 50+% of a mobs life so I never use whm frame, also because VE and SS never see the light of day for anything so I would be skilling those up...

But if I ever cap anything other than magic skill again I would try it out~
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2011-02-13 14:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Speak for your self Sylwn my pummels taken 85-100% of the mobs life
By Serj 2011-02-13 14:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you not go /war?
 Cerberus.Baleoce
Server: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2011-02-13 14:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Why would you not go /war?

because there are many advantages to counterstance tanking with gnarled horn. especially with a soulsoother handily nearby. just depends what you happen to be doing :) good fun for solo though

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-13 17:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
phawk23 said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
its like at as a useless sub if you go pup/mnk after 25. If you wanna counter, go MNK. And PUP focuses more on EVA than Counter.
but if you go monk you cant call your pup to cure 6 you then deactivate it as you eva-solo something like body seal NMs
well for those of us who like the real world where mobs actually pose a challenge, PUP/DNC or PUP/NIN past 25.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-13 17:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP/MNK with Atma of lmao and GH, along with a WHM auto seems like it could be an effective group, similar to a MNK and WHM. The only flaw is your WHM is semi-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Sylph.Loswa
Server: Sylph
user: Loswa
By Sylph.Loswa 2011-02-13 18:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea it can be done.
Personally I dont like pup/nin, never have. Also, because of the way I like to play, pup/dnc is annoying to me because my tp will disappear too fast, only time Ill ever use pup/dnc is if Im asked to for a specific reason or I am using a dd pet solo.
The only advantage over /nin is not having to struggle casting spells when you are getting beat up (utsu:ihci when ni is down) or a mob hits multiple times stripping your shadows quick.
That being said, the only NMs I only ever use it on are nms that do not cast any spells if Im soloing such as koios which is a joke if you ask me. I usually countered about 75% of his attacks in total.

If you are in a pt then yeah pup/mnk is a bit useless unless you can keep hate easily if you are the tank. Another con to this is if the NM does status effects and you want to have the puppet spam cure6s only I have to spend gil on items that cures those status effects because I prefer having light maneuvers 100% of the time.
I think the same can be said about any job that /mnk. Pup's advantage is having a white mage chasing it around.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-02-14 10:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

sylwyn said:
Hmmm, as much fun as countering sounds I'm mostly always /dnc. Because pup can solo most abyssea exp friendly mobs relying mostly on eva, waltzes, and pummels that take 50+% of a mobs life so I never use whm frame, also because VE and SS never see the light of day for anything so I would be skilling those up... But if I ever cap anything other than magic skill again I would try it out~

luckycharms1877 said:
lol Speak for your self Sylwn my pummels taken 85-100% of the mobs life

Elitest much? same Luckycharms with dual cunning earrings as a 90 rdm? Sylwyn wasnt showing off with ws dmg yet you had to say "speak for yourself" (yourself is one word btw) and flex ur epeen.
lol.
[+]
 Ifrit.Ineedmoney
By Ifrit.Ineedmoney 2011-02-14 12:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

pup/sam for pts and just spam AP or go pup/nin and nuke.
If your solo'n pup/war with white auto out.I like it for voke's helps cus i like to have keep my auto out smacking the mobs to SC.

pup/mnk isn't that great i have tried it a few times and it cant beat the dmg you get /war or the helpful cures you get with /dnc even more so now cus you get haste samba /dnc
 Bismarck.Selka
Server: Bismarck
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-02-28 09:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Ineedmoney said:
pup/sam for pts
lol no. /sam is useless for pup. Since pup isn't a 2-hander, all you get from /sam is free 60% tp every 3 minutes. /war will always give you more damage for many reasons.

/sam was only good for zerged BC fights so you could start with a store of TP. Now that we have Burattinaios, pup/sam should never see the light of day.