Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-12 02:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For my Stormwaker nuking set I was using 2 pieces for legs and feet:
Legs: Desultor Tassets with Pet: Macc+7
Feet: Pantin Babouches

Now I've been wondering about other gear.

Legs: Cirque Pantaloni +1/+2 vs Desultor Tassets. Basically Magic Skill (which should provide both accuracy and damage?) vs Macc.

Feet: Cirque Scarpe +1/+2 vs Pantin Babouches. Basically Int+X vs Mab.

I have no clue if these things work for our Automaton the same way they work for, say, a BLM or a RDM, but we can assume they do? And if they do then Cirque (even just +1) should always be better than Desultor and Pantin, right? Anybody did some tests or math about this?
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-01-12 03:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Legs: Cirque Pantaloni +1/+2 vs Desultor Tassets. Basically Magic Skill (which should provide both accuracy and damage?) vs Macc.

7 magic skill give you 7 magic accuracy, 0 magic att, so your Desultor tassets is the same that af 3 +2. But af 3 legs can help you to get a new spell if you are not capped (or if you dont have the skill for the last spell).

So go skill up and keep the Desultor Tassets until you got the af 3 +2

Quote:
Feet: Cirque Scarpe +1/+2 vs Pantin Babouches. Basically Int+X vs Mab

Cirque Scarpe +1 and Pantin Babouches are the same thing for dmg, but af 3 +1 add some accuracy and some potency (for debuff). So af 3 +2 > AF 3 +1 > Pantin Babouches.

And yes it works for automaton like it works for blm/rdm.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-12 03:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Will just update my macro with Cirque+1 then ;)
 Cerberus.Harunn
Server: Cerberus
user: Harun677
By Cerberus.Harunn 2011-01-15 08:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

the leg thing, desulter tassets is better than +1 AFv3 but the +2 legs would be better than the desulter tassets because the +2 gives 10 skill. Other pieces that are nice for nuking would be the augmented pieces from the add on missions which are really nice, I got a back piece with pet MAB+2 and waist pet MACC+1, not much but better than nothing. others include the augmented body for +7 MAB and MACC for the pet including the pup accessory earring is really nice.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-15 16:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the Back with +1 Mab, tried 5 other times to get it better but naft, so kinda gave up there.
And yeah, of course I have Mirke Wardecors with mab/macc :)