Fusseto+100 TP Or Fusseto 10%ws Dmg?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Fusseto+100 TP or Fusseto 10%ws dmg?
Fusseto+100 TP or Fusseto 10%ws dmg?
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-01-06 18:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ok im bored and was wondering if any of the brainiac's could fill me in on the better option between the 2.

im thinking the 10% ws dmg but i cant make my mind up.
i know theres better options but im doing one of these while doing 2x 20+ evasion daggers and a Paraozium.

debate
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-06 18:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

100% TP Bonus was never really amazing when it came to Dagger weaponskills as they all generally have shitty fTP mods and 100/200/300% posed a very little damage increase to the most popular Weaponskills (Dancing Edge got 0 DMG boost, Evis didn't either although it does effect crit.rate).

The only real dagger Ws's to get the bonus from TP-Bonus would be Mandalic Stab and Shark Bite (Pyrrhic Khleos maybe? IDK not a DNC).

I'd go with the WS-DMG-+10% one personally if i bothered with those ... 'weapons', as it would probably give you the better deal in the long run.

Extra Critical hit rate on Evis is nice, But its largely unknown the difference in base % Rate between 100/200/300% TP, So your safest bet would be the WS dmg one.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-01-06 18:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
100% TP Bonus was never really amazing when it came to Dagger weaponskills as they all generally have shitty fTP mods and 100/200/300% posed a very little damage increase to the most popular Weaponskills (Dancing Edge got 0 DMG boost, Evis didn't either although it does effect crit.rate).

The only real dagger Ws's to get the bonus from TP-Bonus would be Mandalic Stab and Shark Bite (Pyrrhic Khleos maybe? IDK not a DNC).

I'd go with the WS-DMG-+10% one personally if i bothered with those ... 'weapons', as it would probably give you the better deal in the long run.

Extra Critical hit rate on Evis is nice, But its largely unknown the difference in base % Rate between 100/200/300% TP, So your safest bet would be the WS dmg one.

lol love the fast reply.

thanks dude was thinking 100+tp from what ive seen on dagger is just crap compared to a great katana using the extra tp,i just couldnt make up my mind.

yes thf and dnc ill use it on for now till i can be bothered to make harder hitting weapons
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-06 18:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

lol love the fast reply.

thanks dude was thinking 100+tp from what ive seen on dagger is just crap compared to a great katana using the extra tp,i just couldnt make up my mind.

yes thf and dnc ill use it on for now till i can be bothered to make harder hitting weapons

Auric/Rapidus is a cheap-fast to obtain combo, as 1 is 100% drop and the other one can be gotten @ 50~% rate from a Soloable NM (on a mage job, or maybe BST, Definitely SMN)

Angr harpe has a high drop rate off a mediocre-difficulty NM, its not the best but in your situation it might be an easy-fix, certianly much less work than those 'daggers' for WS trials.

Either way, those WS-DMG Daggers just aren't that amazing and are a lot more work than the Kila's, while there is no real Time-Requirement, having to do nearly ~3,000 Weaponskills on specific families for most of the trials for a dagger that is more than easily beaten is just not worth the effort involved.

Either way, If you do go for Kila's, Do yourself a favor and get at least 2, Don't be one of those gimp THFs who fulltimes EVA gear and gos full-mediocre with 100% Eva-Kila's instead of using a real weapon.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-01-06 18:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

lol love the fast reply.

Auric/Rapidus is a cheap-fast to obtain combo, as 1 is 100% drop and the other one can be gotten @ 50~% rate from a Soloable NM (on a mage job, or maybe BST, Definitely SMN)

Angr harpe has a high drop rate off a mediocre-difficulty NM, its not the best but in your situation it might be an easy-fix, certianly much less work than those 'daggers' for WS trials.

Either way, those WS-DMG Daggers just aren't that amazing and are a lot more work than the Kila's, while there is no real Time-Requirement, having to do nearly ~3,000 Weaponskills on specific families for most of the trials for a dagger that is more than easily beaten is just not worth the effort involved.

Either way, If you do go for Kila's, Do yourself a favor and get at least 2, Don't be one of those gimp THFs who fulltimes EVA gear and gos full-mediocre with 100% Eva-Kila's instead of using a real weapon.

hmm i think ive read up on auric dagger nm and i have 90 pup to solo it just not tried yet(so many new things to get not had time to think about it lol)

i dont quite understand the part about killa's,sounds like your saying get 2 but if you use em your gimp idk lol.

also as a past sirroco kuraki user rapidus sax apeals to me so might try for that.im one of those people that walk around with a pocket full of daggers for thf and dnc as i like to use different stuff at different times.
By Sambb 2011-01-07 02:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The gimpness about the kilas implies this

I use angr harpe plus +2 dex kila off hand,

I dont use rapidus because im at 26% gear haste without it.

I see thfs fulltime 2 +2 agi kilas even when in parties...

now surely using at least 1 dex kila off hand on a xp pt is gona give you a better dmg output.... unless of course you wanna TA everyone there....

now kila +2 str one is nice but i prefered my dex and higher base dmg wep main hand. thats just my pref you may want a dex kila + str or both dex.

once you have it go into a colibiri pt and feel the grin on your face when you can SA 1900+ dmg on one bird....
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-01-07 19:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sambb said:
The gimpness about the kilas implies this

I use angr harpe plus +2 dex kila off hand,

I dont use rapidus because im at 26% gear haste without it.

I see thfs fulltime 2 +2 agi kilas even when in parties...

now surely using at least 1 dex kila off hand on a xp pt is gona give you a better dmg output.... unless of course you wanna TA everyone there....

now kila +2 str one is nice but i prefered my dex and higher base dmg wep main hand. thats just my pref you may want a dex kila + str or both dex.

once you have it go into a colibiri pt and feel the grin on your face when you can SA 1900+ dmg on one bird....

lol i see what you mean now.

eeew *** that im only making 2 of the evasion 20+ agi+9 for solo and will decide when fighting the mob if i need to use 2 or not ^^

wow lol people full time 2 of these in parts lol?

sad
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Server: Leviathan
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2011-03-11 01:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm working on a fusseto myself, the 100 tp bonus could be nice for brewing, but the 10% dmg would also be nice for rudra's storm. could anyone tell me if they both work offhand or if they have to be mainhand for them to work.

i'm just rather bored atm and low on stones, so doing trials helps kill some time inbetween stone charges.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-11 01:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

mainhand
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 02:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
mainhand
A really shame too. I'd love to use carbuncles pole to boost my rngs reflugent arrow :).

Being able to do 300% rudra's as soon as you hit 100% tp would be pretty pimp too
 Asura.Eldevine
user: Eldevine
By Asura.Eldevine 2011-03-11 02:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For the ppl who cant read, its Fusetto.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [169 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Ultrajake
user: Ultrajake
By Fenrir.Ultrajake 2011-08-27 00:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it a bonus 100tp on your weapon skill damage, or do you get 100tp sometimes when building tp? One makes it worth it... other for thf weaponskills really does nothing for me...
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-27 00:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bonus 100 TP for your WS, doesn't include aftermath. If you WS at 110 TP, it'll have the effect of a 210 TP WS.
 Fenrir.Ultrajake
user: Ultrajake
By Fenrir.Ultrajake 2011-08-27 00:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [370 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-30 22:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SO when it comes to 1handed "WS TRIALS"
You have:
TP bonus +100
WS DMG+ 10%
STP+15

All same base damage/delay

Which of these works best for offhand to an Empyrean/relic?
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-30 22:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

STR.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-30 22:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not the question
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2012-08-30 22:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's still the answer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-08-30 22:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Since ws damage doesn't work offhand, I think it depends on the empy or relic?

The TP bonus doesn't raise the aftermath level (using Rudra's Storm at 100tp with +100 bonus from offhand still gives you level 1 aftermath), but the extra damage can be nice (it is for unstacked rudra's, for example).

I haven't looked into the math enough to see if STP +15 would let you ws enough to overcome the damage boost from +100 tp bonus, but I imagine in many practical situations it wouldn't. For the STP to pull ahead, you'd have to significantly reduce the number of attack rounds to get 100tp to ws, and also ws right at 100 tp. In some places that's not practical (i.e., dynamis).

So given only those three options, I'd go +100 tp (actually, I made one, but I offhand str anyway)

(Edit: small addendum, I said it might depend on the empy/relic because I haven't looked into how much +100 tp bonus would add to anything besides twashtar... if it doesn't change ws damage, the benefit of +100 tp is small since it doesn't bump you to a higher empy aftermath)
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-30 22:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

TP bonus doesn't do anything for mercy stroke damage(I think..?), so store TP for mandau(or you could buy an aluh...). TP bonus for twashtar.

Seriously, buy an aluh jambiya though.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-30 22:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All honestly i'm making the katana (this thread was already made)
I'm making one of them Just purely to have for collection
Because the Occ attack ones you can only have one at Lv99, since they do not branch names.
WStrials also <rare> so just want to make one, for kicks...
Maybe for Edge burns? or Hi?
I already have STR/PD/AGI/Matk/Macc MoG katana's.

<Collector>
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-08-30 22:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial Knife + 100 tp bonus dagger ftw
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-08-30 23:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
SO when it comes to 1handed "WS TRIALS"
You have:
TP bonus +100
WS DMG+ 10%
STP+15

All same base damage/delay

Which of these works best for offhand to an Empyrean/relic?

First off for what job? thf/dnc/brd?

and then for what weaponskill? evis/exen/rudras/mercy?

The WS damage doesnt work offhand. For rudra's the TP bonus is decent but doesnt have as much uses as a STR thokcha does. For exen the TP bonus will do nothing except increase the duration of the accuracy down, which just kinda sucks. For evis the TP bonus is kind of nice if you need the crit rate (mainly outside abyssea and if you dont have exen rudras or mercy) but the simple solution to that is just to merit exenterator. The TP bonus doesn't do too much for Mercy Stroke since the ftp doesnt scale. You would just get +40 seconds of +5% crit rate instead of +20, but that wouldn't beat the raw damage of a STR offhand plus the increase in base ws damage.

Anddddddd after all that the store tp is kind of a waste of a weapon because you could atleast use the TP bonus dagger as a brewing dagger, which is fairly nice if you ever decide to brew a twashtar up (AE spam 3~ glavoids at a time, if people are so kind to help you hold popsets) With cruor being as easy as it is to get now, there shouldn't be much stopping anyone from getting a twashtar now.

In any case there's your answer
STR!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-30 23:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aftermath levels are not affected by TP bonus.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-30 23:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

After careful consideration and 1-2 good answers, mostly idiot answers and troll attempts.
I'll just make STP+15 to offhand my OAT2-4 for katana procs
Thanks
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-08-30 23:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

People giving advice for a better dagger is not really a troll attempt.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-08-30 23:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Aftermath levels are not affected by TP bonus.

WELL THEN! I somehow had it in my mind that empyrean aftermath and relic aftermath waswere different. So the TP bonus is useless for Mercy/Mandau!

edit: sorry Jackie D is typing for me
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-30 23:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When given 3 options
Pull out STR, when it was not the question
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-08-30 23:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
When given 3 options
Pull out STR, when it was not the question

I just thought you should know why it was the inferior choice for most of the time. :x sorry if it annoyed you but wouldn't you rather choose to find out now rather than looking like a jackass and offhanding a ws damage dagger? Just my 2 cents
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-30 23:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need our opinions to make inferior katanas for your collection, so why are you whining? Asking in the first place was just looking for trouble.
[+]
First Page 2