Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Empathy
Empathy
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2010-12-26 18:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried using Spirit Link + Empathy in Abyssea? I was wondering if you could give your wyvern HP+ or STR and DEX cruor status enhancements.

Or is it incompatible with the wyvern? If it is compatible, I would put more merits into Empathy to buff my wyvern in Abyssea.
Thanks.
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-12-26 18:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

as far as i know, your pet recieves atma bonuses, so its possible they'd recieve stat bonuses

shun me if im wrong

edit: without empathy
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-26 19:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pets do get cruor and atma bonuses, tested it on smn. Get atma with pet out, HP goes up and pet is missing HP. Then get cruor buffs, and it fills pets HP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Maasahn
Server: Lakshmi
user: maasahn
By Lakshmi.Maasahn 2010-12-26 19:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i notice very large returns with MAB atma on smn. from 1900ish wind blades w/o to 2700ish with.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-26 19:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, pets getting bonuses is old news.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-26 19:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm unsure of them gaining cruor buffs, though I know atmas are for certain. I tried to do some soloing in abyssea as DRG, and from eyeballing, and recalling old HBs... my Healing Breaths did not go up from outside of abyssea, and when I was inside with Cruor Buffs. With Full Wyvern HP+ gear, and Armet, HB is generally at around 300. As far as I remember (I will retest later), the HB inside were just around 300 as well, though when I went back in and threw on an HP+ atma it shot up to nearly 500. I dont believe they gained the cruor buffs, because if it did then the Wyvern would have been around 400 or so, if only 20% raises it up to 500... >_> Also something to take into account for myself, is that sometime Wyvern HP takes time to proc D:.

I'll retest it sometime later and provide screenshots.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2010-12-26 20:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Then I guess the new question is:

"Do cruor and atma buffs get carried over with Empathy?"

If they do, then there is a lower chance that your Protect and Shell will go to the wyvern and Spirit Link will be wasted because the pet already has the cruor and atma buffs.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-26 20:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It wont empathy buffs that are already on the wyvern, so if the buffs /do/ add to the wyvern, then it will send the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th buffs that the wyvern doesnt have, to the wyvern. Since Cruor buffs never wear, just either get the ones you need HP/MP/STR/DEX/VIT and empathy them over. The atma will already be covered since they have the buffs as is.

As I said, I have no idea about cruor buffs 100%, but I do plan on rechecking, because I really want to get back to doing stuff with DRG sometimes @_@...
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2010-12-26 20:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
â– Status effects can be copied regardless of whether they are currently active on the wyvern or not, so the same status effect can be copied and overwritten multiple times
According to the wiki. Or maybe I just am misinterpreting this?

Anyway, it shouldn't matter too much in the long run (and probably doesn't really mean anything significant), but it's just a question I thought about when I used Spirit Link.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-26 21:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

me and my friend did the for dom ops to finish griffon claw atma
and very first restoring breath from him was 650ish with deep breathing hitting 900+

only had to kill 20 things so werent there for a long time to test full wyvern lv up

he does have a full HB build

he was using VV/RR/SS atmas and we have all but attowa gant merit abysittes
4/5 empathy merits too
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-12-26 21:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Its hard to tell on cruor buffs, but wyverns certainly get atma bonus (just try a healing breath using a hp+ atma xD). Empathy does seem much more worthwhile now with the bonus to spirit and soul jump by having a wyvern alive,and then there's the set bonus for the +2 armor. I would argue that if wyvern's DO get cruor buffs, its like atmas where it is automatic upon purchase, no empathy required.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2010-12-26 23:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if cruor buffs can copy over with empathy, but they sure don't seem to do anything normally. I think they only restore your pets HP without actually raising it.

My breaths usually do around 450-500ish without any HP+ atma, and around 600+ or so with one like Ebon Hoof. Ebon Hoof gives 30% HP+, but I have 4 merit abyssites which should be giving me a total of 60% more HP, yet it doesn't increase my breaths more than the atma does.

That said, my best HB so far in abyssea is around 1400 or so using deep breathing, Ebon Hoof, and Dragon Rider. I didn't have a 3rd lunar at the time so didn't get to toss Impenetrable Wall into the mix (not that it would be even remotely useful since I'd be sacrificing RR)
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-27 04:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost positive it skips buffs the wyvern has. I've seen Bard songs wear off of my friends wyvern, and I dont think that would happen if it kept spamming Protect/Shell at the wyvern, which we almost always had in parties I had with him.

also:

Leviathan.Korialstrasz said:

My breaths usually do around 450-500ish without any HP+ atma, and around 600+ or so with one like Ebon Hoof. Ebon Hoof gives 30% HP+, but I have 4 merit abyssites which should be giving me a total of 60% more HP, yet it doesn't increase my breaths more than the atma does.

I'm thinking the abyssite of merit dont effect the wyverns if they do get cruor buffs.