Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » wyvern leveling
wyvern leveling
First Page 2
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-18 17:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

my wyvern's parameters are really low. anyone know if leveling up pet is like skilling up or is it different? I can't find any info so any facts (not opinions or speculation) would be appreciated. thank you
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 18:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-18 18:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dragoon_Wyvern
[+]
 Unicorn.Ducea
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-18 22:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

already checked that... doesn't say anything about leveling its parameters. does it have to be ep and up to the wyvern? does it have to be ep+ to me? cause today the lvl of the mobs i was skilling up on were to high for pet to skill up. i got plenty, wyvern didn't get any. so my job is a lot higher than wyverns stats. do i just try low lvl mobs and see where it skills and go from there? what makes the wyverns parameters increase? making contact on ep+ doesnt seem to do it if its too high lvl for the pet. please any knowledge welcome
[+]
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Server: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-18 22:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought the wyvren was the same level as you >_>
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-12-18 22:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

from wiki i see you can not read.

As of the March 10th, 2008 update, a Dragoon's wyvern's attributes are temporarily boosted over time as experience or limit points are gained by the player. This boost includes increased HP (max 24% more, improving breath abilities), improved damage per hit, and a minor accuracy bonus. All stat boosts gained this way are removed, returning the wyvern to its normal stats, should the Dragoon change areas, dismisses his or her wyvern in any way (via "Dismiss" or "Spirit Surge"), or if the wyvern or Dragoon is K.O.'d.

please stop playing drg if you do not even know how your pet works. =p
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Niteelvz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: NiteElvz
By Quetzalcoatl.Niteelvz 2010-12-18 23:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said:

please stop playing drg if you do not even know how your pet works. =p

^
This
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-18 23:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Your wyvern's attributes and overall HP increase and scale as you level. However, they will further increase based on exp gained.
This boost is only temporary and based on exp gained within the zone you are in and will go away when you zone/die/wyvern dies. So you won't have to worry about your wyvern being "gimp" per say, it's all automatic.

Also: No need to be condescending guys if he's humble enough to ask for help. Slow perhaps, but humble nevertheless.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ducea
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-18 23:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

pet won't cast healing breath yet im over 75... so anyone please explain that. and stop posting the damn wiki about temp stuff. if it answered my question obviously I wouldnt be here. and yes i'm subbing whm
 Bismarck.Rydin
user: Ryden
By Bismarck.Rydin 2010-12-18 23:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ducea said:
pet won't cast healing breath yet im over 75... so anyone please explain that. and stop posting the damn wiki about temp stuff. if it answered my question obviously I wouldnt be here. and yes i'm subbing whm

Are you serious lol?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Healing_Breath

Healing breath only works with your sub set to a magery sub (Blu/rdm/sch/whm/blm) to have your trigger @ 33% hp w/o Drachen Armet, or 50% with. You can get healing breath with /Pld, /drk, /nin, and /brd too but the trigger is only 25% hp, or 33% w/ drachen.

You have to cast a spell too to trigger. I've not gotten my drg up to 90 yet so I can't comment on the new ja that forces breaths but I'd assume it'd work like healing / elemental breath w/o needing to force an hp trigger and cast a spell.

I would think that having drg @ 75+ like you said you'd know how the job works. But I guess then again this is the age of abyssea, so I'm not as surprised as I would've been if this question was asked last year.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-12-18 23:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It did answer your question you are just ignorant of that fact.I am guessing you abyssea leeched drg or astral burned it if you do not even know how to trigger healing breath. Once again please stop playing it you make drgs look bad.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-18 23:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ducea said:

Your HP must initially be 33% or below in order to activate healing breath (which is triggered by casting a spell). To increase this threshhold, cast with your AF helm to bring the trigger threshold to 50%. You you tweek with wait timers you can manage to use the 50% threshold and quickly swap back to a breath potency helmet (wyrm, saurian etc.) right before your spell finishes so you get heals in a less dangerous manner and keep their greater potency.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 23:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bought account much?
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-18 23:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also once you hit 90, you can use that nifty job ability to use healing breath or elemental breath every minute regardless of what your subjob is.
 Unicorn.Ducea
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-18 23:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

casting spells didn't work, HP under 33% didn't work. once again if you only have bs to contribute from something you read stop posting. the people who are actually trying to figure it out ty
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 23:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You suck at this game if you can't get it to work.

/whm, HP at 33%, cast a spell like barstone, or cure. Watch your Wyvern heal you. If you're using Drachen Armet it'll heal you at 50%.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-18 23:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ducea said:
casting spells didn't work, HP under 33% didn't work. once again if you only have bs to contribute from something you read stop posting. the people who are actually trying to figure it out ty

I dunno what to tell you. It should be working properly.
I haven't really thought about if there might be conditions while using +HP or HP conversion gear.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-12-19 00:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing to figure out except you suck at drg.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-19 00:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use +hp gear to make the HB HP trigger higher.
 Bismarck.Rydin
By Bismarck.Rydin 2010-12-19 00:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:

/whm, HP at 33%, cast a spell like barstone, or cure. Watch your Wyvern heal you. If you're using Drachen Armet it'll heal you at 50%.

Wouldn't suggest using cure on yourself unless you're sure it won't push you over the the trigger spot, I've killed myself once or twice not paying attention to that lol.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-19 00:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

and i thought i was a bad drg :P
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-19 00:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rydin said:

Wouldn't suggest using cure on yourself unless you're sure it won't push you over the the trigger spot, I've killed myself once or twice not paying attention to that lol.

Aye, grab a calculator and multiply your hp by .33 to determine the trigger HP. Make sure you're under that number to assure it works.
Nothing worse than casting at just a few HP above that trigger only to have it not trigger and get killed by subsequent TP move or hit.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-19 00:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rydin said:

I'll agree with the cure part but barstone still works!
 Bismarck.Rydin
By Bismarck.Rydin 2010-12-19 00:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Bismarck.Rydin said:

Aye, grab a calculator and multiply your hp by .33 to determine the trigger HP. Make sure you're under that number to assure it works.
Nothing worse than casting at just a few HP above that trigger only to have it not trigger and get killed by subsequent TP move or hit.

Would happen all the damn time on Sea Puks XD go to hit pollen cause nothing else was up, put hp higher than trigger /rage as puk wails on me lol
 Unicorn.Ducea
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-19 00:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

im thinking its glitching. ive tried everything possible for an hour and it wouldnt work. havent tried again yet. even the person i was skilling up with was wondering why it wouldnt cast... stop trolling it only shows you have no life. if this was something basic trial and error would have fixed it
 Bismarck.Touvan
user: Touvan
By Bismarck.Touvan 2010-12-19 00:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*** fail drg
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-19 00:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also avoid regen for the same reason unless you got a keen eye on your HP and have low potency.
 Unicorn.Ducea
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-19 00:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

hp was in double digits. tried casting every diff kind of spell while low to get it to trigger. still leaning toward a glitch. anyone have pet commands or abilites not work? if its common then thats the most likely answer
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-19 00:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

screen shot it! and make sure you are on /whm >_>
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-12-19 00:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a glitch you suck plain and simple. Do you even have your pet out while trying to trigger breath? You know we mean your hp 33% not your pets? I was on drg earlier today and no healing breath "glitch" you must be a special case.
[+]
First Page 2