Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Sam with Primeval Brew
Sam with Primeval Brew
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-04-09 21:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this with Harvest/VV/Apoc, most times my high spikes are 6k so i thought this was unusual.

On shin with brew I believe my highest was 64~65k, no SS though, using gales/ultimate/apoc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 21:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
If I decided to go brew on sam today, Probably Gales AoA and Harvester to try and boost that proc.

Das you think the Double attack proc hope /war would trump going /sch with futon and windstorming it? I would guess no
Would kinda depend on gearing and such. Windstorm would have higher max but /war would probably increase consistency
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-04-14 10:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I said Koki sucked, but sometimes you should believe in Koki.

That's with Voracious Violet/Griffon's Claw/Dread.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-04-14 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone noticed any increase in damage using the appropriate gorget/belt? *Thunder for koki, Breeze for jinpu

Also anyone tried SAM/BLM (+24 MAB)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-06-02 13:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So brewing with Fudo is waste? Was considering trying to brew Isgebind for fast kills till i was told that its resistance to wind is on par with a bomb shelter. Was told to go with Fudo but ive seen less than impressive videos of Fudo brews, heck they were doing what i do std damage 3-4k on Fudo.

What gear set up, Atmas you guys have for Jinpu WS? and Koki?

If Fudo is a useful brew WS what setups gear wise and atmas work best?

Chaos
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-02 21:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said:
So brewing with Fudo is waste? Was considering trying to brew Isgebind for fast kills till i was told that its resistance to wind is on par with a bomb shelter. Was told to go with Fudo but ive seen less than impressive videos of Fudo brews, heck they were doing what i do std damage 3-4k on Fudo.

What gear set up, Atmas you guys have for Jinpu WS? and Koki?

If Fudo is a useful brew WS what setups gear wise and atmas work best?

Chaos

Just use Koki if the target has natural wind resistance. Good atma choices are listed in this thread, maybe reading would do you some good. As far gear, I use Soil Gorget/Belt, and stack on pretty much what would be a Fudo/Kaiten set for Jinpu/Koki. It's all in the atmas honestly.

That was no brew (obviously), using a Fudo/Kaiten WS set, with Gorget/Belt, VV/Ultimate/Baying Moon Atma. /WAR, Berserk/Warcry active. I could have definitely spiked way higher, especially if I had gales atma or did a few more Jinpus, but I only tested one.

I should also note that was with Hagun @ 100 TP, so it could do more with a higher damage weapon.
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-06-03 13:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said:
I know I said Koki sucked, but sometimes you should believe in Koki.

That's with Voracious Violet/Griffon's Claw/Dread.

I brewed Rani a few nights ago, as NIN using GK. I played around with different atmas and I found that using Gales, Beyond, Griphon's Claw - I did ok damage. The suprising thing is that Koki did 33k+ at least twice when i had 300% TP. Someone else give this a shot using Hagun (if you're a sam) Atma of the Beyond, Griphon's Claw and Atma of the Smiting Blow. This should give you consisten 300 TP koki's....