Post 90 Masamune & Fudo - Thoughts/Ideas.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Post 90 Masamune & Fudo - Thoughts/Ideas.
Post 90 Masamune & Fudo - Thoughts/Ideas.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-09 18:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok here's a TP set;

Eat Carbonara, your accuracy will be fine with RR, and especially in the future with more combat skill.

24% Haste.
21.2TP return.

No need to make a WS set as you can pretty much WS in whatever you want.

Ninja Edit:

Providing you switch back to TP asap this is all that's needed to obtain your 5hit so yea, you can fill in the other slots as you wish.

Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-12-09 18:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can change pieces around like Unkai Nodowa & White Tathlum etc. But by eating Carbonara and using Rose Strap gives you 10STP at all times, not to mention Rajas Ring for 15STP at all times.

Edit: Brutal for 1 more.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 18:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

optimal 5hit TP? would allow freedom in WS, only improvements would be using Askar > Domaru+2 If you could afford the STP loss
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 18:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Ok here's a TP set;

Eat Carbonara, your accuracy will be fine with RR, and especially in the future with more combat skill.

24% Haste.
21.2TP return.

No need to make a WS set as you can pretty much WS in whatever you want.

Ninja Edit:

Providing you switch back to TP asap this is all that's needed to obtain your 5hit so yea, you can fill in the other slots as you wish.

I'm doing some calculations/comparisons and i really appreciate the genuine feedback instead of a troll -.-
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 18:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So in either case the Domaru+2, TP bonus earring and belt are on the right track as i tried to guestimate with what information i had and the Unkai hands+2 for sekka.

I'm not too sure about that Unkai earring though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 18:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming the new latent belt is ideal, haven't seen much info on it. You're giving up next to nothing on ~30% of your damage for STP+1, which freed up some space on the WS set... I think I miscounted STP though, might have to go back to Tactical Mantle. One sec.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-09 18:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Night with hasso aren't you over the haste cap? could use goad and take off hoarders
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 18:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Night with hasso aren't you over the haste cap? could use goad and take off hoarders
Wouldn't that depend on other buffs?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 18:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Yeah, I thought it was 1.5 haste but it's 2.5 on the +2. That'll give me something to work with.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 18:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Yeah, I thought it was 1.5 haste but it's 2.5 on the +2. That'll give me something to work with.
The enhance hasso thing? Not sure if it's accurate but wiki says it counts as magical not gear or ja...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-09 18:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
The enhance hasso thing? Not sure if it's accurate but wiki says it counts as magical not gear or ja...
Don't remember, I'll check in a bit. I know Failure tested that on BG, so it won't take long to find. Dinner now, will post again when I'm done.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-09 19:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

WS

[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 19:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

oh gawd lol.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-12-09 20:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
I love it when someone wants to be a unique snowflake.
Says the person with a turban on still ^^

THF is retired, someone wanted me to assist with some TH testing, so I helped him. WAR sits at 26% Haste.

Doesn't change the fact that you asked for opinions, and when ppl turn you down you act like a spoiled child. Then you ramble about how you think outside the box. I get it, you think you are about a million times smarter than anyone, that is fine. You keep going on in your own little world, I will stay in mine (which is reality)
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 20:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
I love it when someone wants to be a unique snowflake.
Says the person with a turban on still ^^

THF is retired, someone wanted me to assist with some TH testing, so I helped him. WAR sits at 26% Haste.

Doesn't change the fact that you asked for opinions, and when ppl turn you down you act like a spoiled child. Then you ramble about how you think outside the box. I get it, you think you are about a million times smarter than anyone, that is fine. You keep going on in your own little world, I will stay in mine (which is reality)
Thanks for your permission to continue on "in my own little world". I wasn't aware i needed it from you. But thanks anyhow.

I love it when people fail hard at trolling. And spoiled child? It was pretty funny when i asked for some proper masamune sets and it was quite for like 30 minutes until like ONE reliable person spoke up. Even if i had something partially wrong the real children are the ones like you with nothing better to do than post snide useless comments.

I just did a quick skim of your 102 posts ever made on these forums and without a doubt your mom should have swallowed you.

/end.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 20:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The best part about my thread is with carbonara i would receive 83.2 TP for 4 hits... which is NOT far off from what i just fixed it to thanks to dirty finger.

It's awesome when someone posts a proper solution instead of derails and trolls.

Thanks again dirty. I'll update OP should anyone look back at it... ill keep the WS belt/earring for sure since i think they are new staples at 90+ for now.
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2010-12-09 20:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Even if i had something partially wrong the real children are the ones like you with nothing better to do than post snide useless comments.

I just did a quick skim of your 102 posts ever made on these forums and without a doubt your mom should have swallowed you.

/end.

Just sayin'. Carry on.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-09 20:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

hi

21.0% return

bustle dirs and usukane sune-ate with seigan up, unkai haidate +2 and ace's sabatons with hasso up

16.0% return (total: 100.0%)

unkai kote +2 for the sekkanoki weapon skill (once every five minutes, woohoo), heafoc mitts otherwise

unsure on the moonshade earring augments currently, but atk+4 and tp bonus +25 were the ideals i habeeb

bye
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 20:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly is the latent on those new belts?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-09 20:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Presumed to be the same as the sea gorgets but with conserve TP+7 bonus... and ty ironguy.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-09 20:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

sea gorgets for your waist, yes

that sinharvest dude messed with one, seemed to possess a greater effect than the gorgets themselves, so instead of .1 fTP, probably'll be .2-3 on them, aka they're mad good
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 21:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How you get them?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-09 21:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i recall hearing the thunder belt dropped off the scorpion nm in altepa, so, through nm's in abyssea, 'spose (though they're obviously designated per nm, in case someone was under the impression an nm had a chance to drop a random element belt)
[+]
 Kujata.Thud
Server: Kujata
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-12-10 06:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If your having difficuties making 5-hit, there is now 3 "Store TP"+: Major atmas. I wouldn't suggest using all 3, but you could certinaly use 1 (2 if really needed i suppose) which should presumably give 10stp each(as minor was tested at 5stp).
 Unicorn.Bladerah
Server: Unicorn
user: knighted1
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2010-12-10 08:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if u can use Unkai Kote +1 or +2 right before a sekkanoki, take them off right after using, then ws in a different piece and get the effect to work.
By BorealisV2 2010-12-10 08:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Bladerah said:
Does anyone know if u can use Unkai Kote +1 or +2 right before a sekkanoki, take them off right after using, then ws in a different piece and get the effect to work.

Need them equipped according to BG.
 Unicorn.Bladerah
Server: Unicorn
user: knighted1
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2010-12-10 08:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

afk figuring out how to code spellcast for that...
By sefalon 2010-12-10 09:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

5hit 6hit who cares.. abyss has made a lot of this talk pointless. I did 3 seperate parses 4hr blocks and i was leading dmg dealer. There was a relic drk and a masamune user and other well geared players..

My point is gear don't mean poop when u afk 30 percent of the time.

Abyss has made us lazy...
[+]
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-10 09:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, the 75 hearts needed for 90 Masa is from the Jormy mob of Aby-Uleg @_@