Eccentric Eve Run; 11/19/2010cccc
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Strange
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-11-18 17:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Don't get me wrong with my comments.. I am a very friendly and very helpful person in game..Ill help anyone just for the sake of helping..and I have no problem with ppl selling Atma. Isn't that kinda like saying you shouldn't AH old gear you should just give it to a lowbie that needs it. I know its a long shot but it semi works..its just how game mechanics work. People that have the ability to obtain certain items(in this case atmas) sell to ppl that do not have means to obtain it without sellers help, well that or they are impatient. IE Crafter/Farmers/Fishermen/back in the day Tele-*** should all count. If I had no means to obtain Eve's atma I would willingly buy it from OP. I don't need to remind ppl how big Abyssea is and VV Atma will improve your character faster than anything on AH will and for cheaper too. Blitz Ring: 600k Atma: 400k Which is more cost effective to have?
the blitz ring will help more just cause u can use it outside of abyssea, but i get your point lol
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-18 17:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For how much time ppl spend in Abyssea VV Atma is way more worth it for most ppl.

I myself rarely ever do anything on DD outside Abyssea so even for me Eve's atma would be much better for me.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-18 17:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
For how much time ppl spend in Abyssea VV Atma is way more worth it for most ppl.

I myself rarely ever do anything on DD outside Abyssea so even for me Eve's atma would be much better for me.

This... the game is dominated by abyssea content (which isn't bad persay) so the blitz ring would be lulz by comparison especially for 200k MORE than VV atma... I would buy a VV atma slot on my server if it was cheaper than 400k...400 is a bit much for a quick NM

edit: on a side note.. me and 3 buddies got full pop sets for ironclad pulverizer on our server and we invited a *** TON of friends to get RR atma FOR FREE...we just took the gearz because we did the leg work..
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-18 18:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Quote:
If I'm putting effort into the fight and they're putting effort into the fight, then our efforts should cancel out each other. I'm helping him kill the NM as much as he or she (If they weren't just sitting there for the atma) is. Unlike me, he is receiving the atma. Unlike me, he did not take the TIME to farm the pop item. If you suggest that they should not pay me and Xeo, you're suggesting that our time means nothing, our effort means less than yours, or that getting an atma means nothing (In which case, we're just as good kicking you before the NM dies as we are keeping you in the alliance).
I skimmed, but it sure looks like people are paying AND being expected to do something. Eve pops are worth less than water, if you're making people help(even if it's just red procs), you aren't selling ***and it's no surprise people will be skeptical. Sure, some are still willing to do it, but other people sell the same atma for half that price without requiring any effort on the buyers' part. If you're requiring buyers to do a large part of the fight, I don't know how you can call them buyers as much as coop.

If that's not the case, I fully support selling atma.

This has already been addressed multiple times.

And you're also undermining your earlier statements on BG. You suggest that people should be able to make 500-750k/hr and you use that in your arguments all the time. If I spent 5hrs getting this pop, then you cannot argue that I'm not giving them a deal regardless of whether I make them do something or not. Furthermore, since that's not the case, the prospects are even greater.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-18 19:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Yugl said:
Here's the fallacy of your argument: They're not helping me. If I gain nothing, how is it helping me? We have people we know that we are bringing to kill the NM. The people paying are purchasing the time I spent farming the pop items, the labor of the individuals helping (i.e. not buyers), and the atma itself. Plus, I've already calculated whatever utility they bring to the table. Their work is worth 100k. Therefore, it's 400k instead of 500k. Problem solved.

so is the 400k price static or is it only if you do 100k worth of the fight? either way, the utility of the players buying atma was a can of worms that probably shouldn't have been opened, if you can kill it regardless (which seems to be the case).
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-18 19:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a base (but flexible) price. It was between 300k (What I wanted) and 500k (What I've seen advertised), so Xeonha decided to settle it at 400k. Since we're conducting the fight, you're paying for the time spent farming the pop, the service of popping the NM, the service of killing the NM, and the service of staying in the PT for the atma (Minor detail, but addressed anyways).

The reason the utility argument ensued was because people thought we needed help killing it, which is not the case. I continued the argument because the points they make are ridiculous even if we needed help farming it since it suggests that their labor means more or that time spent working on the pop meant nothing (Namely because even if you put work into the fight, so is everyone else).
 Bahamut.Kazen
user: Kazen
By Bahamut.Kazen 2010-11-19 00:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really see how anyone can have any sort of issue with this at all. It's fairly obvious that they're able to kill it without support and I wasn't aware that 400k was a lot of gil. Maybe it's just me but 50STR, +5% DbAtt, and 2TP/regain seems worth it for 400k when you take into consideration that everything is done in Abyssea now; also, there is no gear that you can purchase that is anywhere near as big of an upgrade as this for 400k.
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-11-19 06:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ya but why pay 400k when even the gimpest shout group in wg can kill this thing easy. the only hard thing about it is farming pop items from gold chests >o>
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-19 10:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:
ya but why pay 400k when even the gimpest shout group in wg can kill this thing easy. the only hard thing about it is farming pop items from gold chests >o>
Precisely, people are charging people for being lazy~

It's the same reason anyone buys anything. (In this game anyways)
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-19 15:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, our only competitor (Ethereal) charges 2mil.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-19 15:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kazen said:
I don't really see how anyone can have any sort of issue with this at all. It's fairly obvious that they're able to kill it without support and I wasn't aware that 400k was a lot of gil. Maybe it's just me but 50STR, +5% DbAtt, and 2TP/regain seems worth it for 400k when you take into consideration that everything is done in Abyssea now; also, there is no gear that you can purchase that is anywhere near as big of an upgrade as this for 400k.
This ^
Asura.Domz said:
It's not hard but unmotivated ppl are unmotivated and it's easier to pay 400k and do nothing then have to orgainize a group of retards as well as get coordinated ppl to trigger !! from shouting.
 Diabolos.Xeonha
user: Xeonha
By Diabolos.Xeonha 2010-11-19 19:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone was wondering, we found 7 buyers. They paid 300k a pop, and we got them all their atma.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-19 19:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Good for you? Nobody was wondering or cares. 7 suckers, guess one is boring every minute etc.
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-19 21:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We also got them a 2nd Lunar Abyssite for free.
 Diabolos.Deadpooled
By Diabolos.Deadpooled 2010-11-20 07:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lol must really suck then Yugl when we will just let anyone in towards the end if we have room and give away upgrade items that no-one in the LS wants (koan got 2x buhkis wings for 0 gil)....also sent 1 person your way last night as we were killing pulv because we didnt have room.

ppl need to be more generous in this game, why charge someone for something that would otherwise hit the floor, its just greed, due to our way of doing things we're getting hadhay popped for us by someone we gave croin lantern to for 0. good deeds are always rewarded eventually
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-20 07:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing the point ...

They have nothing to gain from doing EE (without selling Atma). At all.

If your next line of attack is "they should pop it for people for free", I hope you don't use the Auction House.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-20 08:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

they wouldn't have popped it without buyers, so it's not something that would have hit the floor. they just wouldn't have bothered to kill it.

i don't get the hostility over people trying to sell ***. "*** YOU, I'M MORE GENEROUS THAN YOU ARE"?

i don't really see the problem either way. i can think of people i wouldn't mind giving stuff for free, but there are also a lot of people i hate whom i wouldn't give atma for free, but wouldn't mind selling to.

"good deeds are always rewarded eventually"? um, no?
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2010-11-20 15:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

DP is just upset because he got owned trying to offend me for checking his bazaar.
[+]
 Diabolos.Xeonha
user: Xeonha
By Diabolos.Xeonha 2010-11-21 02:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DP is just upset cause he's a well known gimp on our server.
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2010-11-29 11:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

7 hole pages still got it i see lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7