stp+10 VS ws dmg+10%
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-09-29 17:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
idk why ppl would waste time w/ other trials other then OAT :( OAT allows 5hit in max haste with a 40% DA rating, other GKTs Can not match that srry :(

well the keito trials are really easy :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-29 17:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The higher amount of hits and WSs over time, with its 40% DA, more than make up for the lower base damage compared to other GKs.

OAT GK is that good...

Keitonotachi is usually easier for most people to make though.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats true, OAT is not really easy, but if you can not see how 40% DA 26% haste and a 5hit build would not out parse lower haste and a single hit weapon, then i don't even know if they should be playing a DD. If you want parse info go to BG or wait to Giazz comes around I suppose
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sound the trumpets my second fave DRK to the rescue lol
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-29 17:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

its my > hagun gkt while making my WoE path Hira +1
on trial 651 atm and about 8/30 coins collected so far

so ill prolly just stick with stp path to keep the work down
need to go ind demonic tiphia and do entire trial XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-29 17:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lol...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-29 17:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
7 haste, 15 attack, 5% double attack, +1 lolfencer

Edit: Beaten
I really dont think so, could hit next crit tier w/ this and still have max haste I think this would have acc issues to a degree compared to first(could use Tor ring instead of Strig i suppose
I'd take 5% DA over 10% crits any day. if you're at the point where 1 dex = 1 crit, then max you'll get is 10% crits. If you're under that point, 15 dex isn't gonna give much of a crit rate anyways. Keep in mind. Critting during TP only helps your DoT. DA'ing during TP helps DoT and WS dmg.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-29 17:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
7 haste, 15 attack, 5% double attack, +1 lolfencer

Edit: Beaten
I really dont think so, could hit next crit tier w/ this and still have max haste I think this would have acc issues to a degree compared to first(could use Tor ring instead of Strig i suppose
I'd take 5% DA over 10% crits any day. if you're at the point where 1 dex = 1 crit, then max you'll get is 10% crits. If you're under that point, 15 dex isn't gonna give much of a crit rate anyways. Keep in mind. Critting during TP only helps your DoT. DA'ing during TP helps DoT and WS dmg.
True, i'm more concerned about the acc loss more then anything, Bhaidate made capping acc so easy for WAR lol
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-09-29 17:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
People still fail to realize that as of this update, the STP option is the best choice, because you can 5hit max haste and max Str for Ws gear still. The wsdmg+ one requires I think 2% haste loss and like 15~ str loss on WS. Wouldnt be surprised if those two factors leave it behind. However as more updates come out and more unkai gear will undoubtedly have stp on it if the wsdmg+ increases will take lead. then again 4hit vs 5hit should be fun.

There is 0% Haste loss in gear if you +2 the Unkai Head/Leg combo, and even more so if you're SAM/DRG. The only possibility is the usage of Sword Strap in which you'd be right in thinking about future updates potentially giving more STP in gear and maybe a trait perhaps.

Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 18:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
People still fail to realize that as of this update, the STP option is the best choice, because you can 5hit max haste and max Str for Ws gear still. The wsdmg+ one requires I think 2% haste loss and like 15~ str loss on WS. Wouldnt be surprised if those two factors leave it behind. However as more updates come out and more unkai gear will undoubtedly have stp on it if the wsdmg+ increases will take lead. then again 4hit vs 5hit should be fun.

plz give me math as to how the +10% dmg one can't be 5-hitted on WSs with full unkai+2...

edit: full unkai+2 being a max haste option.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-29 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

64STP for TP and WS is the minimum needed for a true 5hit with 464 delay.

However, if you go with 69STP for TP, you can go with as little as 45STP for WS...allowing you to WS in anything you want. (the 45STP for WS, would just be: jobtraits, STP merits, rose strap, brutal earring, and rajas ring.)

That can be done with Unkai gear as shown in here.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 18:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

so yes Giazz the WS+10% path can be 5hit built with askar body/usukane body and unkai+2 set as shown in that thread with kokshitsu+1 ... so I wasn't wrong in my statement I dont believe...
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-29 18:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
so yes Giazz the WS+10% path can be 5hit built with askar body/usukane body and unkai+2 set as shown in that thread with kokshitsu+1 ... so I wasn't wrong in my statement I dont believe...

Right, I didn't say you were wrong there.

If you can 5hit the ws+10%dmg Keito (which you can now, and you don't need gimp gear for it either), then it's better than the StoreTP keito. That should be obvious.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 18:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

no no, dont get me wrong, I was appreciating the back up, because the post I quoted said something to the contrary (being you can't do it in full haste, which I believe you can)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-29 18:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
idk why ppl would waste time w/ other trials other then OAT :( OAT allows 5hit in max haste with a 40% DA rating, other GKTs Can not match that srry :(
OAT is pretty good, but Hiradennotachi +1 would like a word with you.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-29 18:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, Tachi: Fudo is pretty broken lol