By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-23 10:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bahamut.Kymira said:
Lynxblade said:
Bahamut.Kymira said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
actually Pup gettin aero V sooner than BLMS themself...lolz ;p Thanks Se for killin Blm by all means...
Yea too bad BLM's get Stoneja and Waterja which are both better spells than Aero V. Also umm pups cant get aeroV before blm. they both get it @85 regardless of merits. tbh this is a big reason why ppl don't respect pups. Cause quite a few of them give the job a bad name by being so full of themselves. pups will never be as good of a nuker as blm.
This is incorrect sir. My BLM is fully merited and very well geared, and my friends PUP can outnuke me, and they're hate free nukes.
Well then your blm fails
Stay mad.
My BLM is well geared and merited. I get outnuked by PUP a lot. Its not a matter of their BLM failing its a matter of BLM PUP being more powerful.
Right. And its purely situational. I don't always get outnuked by PUP. It can be done though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kymira
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-23 10:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Nuking pup are pretty awesome for hateless nukes when duo'ing some NM's with some unusual setups (I've seen stuff like Nin + Pup duo ovni).

The puppet is pretty strong, I'd say as strong as an average blm raw power wise. An high end/optimal blm completely crushes it still, but I totaly understand the hype and usefulness of blm puppets.

Question for puppet masters, does Atma also give magic attack bonus to puppets?
Aye. 2x BLM PUP can duo Cuelebre.
Its a fun puppetshow to watch.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-23 10:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-23 10:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@Shiroi, Pretty sure they do. I know bst and drg pets automatically get atma bonuses, don't see why it would be any different to smn or pup.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-23 12:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ravax said:
Baroma, you can get an easy frag with Stringing Pummel -> Dragon kick.

Yeah I. Just realized that, but getting the macro timer down is hard to land it is the tricky part. Will play with those next lol, but I'm still shocked @ the 3500 magic burst, unbeleivable.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-12-02 05:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

blm main will never beat a pup blm auto on raw power nukes with 3 ice man's up, even if the blm is totally pimped gear (except af3+2's multiple pieces would probably change favour)

but a blm main isn't all about raw dmg its about assisting party sleeps/debuffs etc & also the abilty to cast any nukes on demand (mp permiting of course)

a blm auto on other hand u have to rely on the auto's a.1. which can be suspect at times. but u aren't there to assist party u just there for pure raw dmg.

probably reason why s/e know it doesn't need a gimp pup. cus they understand both rolls are totally different, shame that most ff players can't realise that too.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-02 06:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

a.1. steak sauce is the best bro.. but as a pup, i can say that we can do what you have described as the role of blm also..to some extent.. PUP/SCH is beast, and can help cure, land some debuffs (limited though), sleep etc. and have the auto nuke the living crap out of things...
for the most part here blm auto is on par for out dmg'ing most blms atm, and with update coming... blizz 5 for auto is gonna be epic win in our arsenal!
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-12-02 06:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yep just let s/e give blm auto meteor spell then the blm's have something to complain about lol
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-02 06:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Im down for that... and awaiting ***storm following!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-02 06:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said:
I was just goofing off in Wajoam and decided to work on a self SC with a MB with Aero5. all i could come up with is One Inch Punch >> Tactical Switch >> Backhand Blow >> Detonation...

But this makes up for the lolweaksaucews
I just had an orgasm at work :D

edit: Im at 233 magic skill level which are the Tier III spells. I have a long way to go.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-02 06:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll get there, magic can be a pain to level up.. what really helped me was solo'in with whm auto or sleep nuking /sch with blm auto