users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Question for veteran Samurais
Question for veteran Samurais
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2010-10-02 13:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, I didn't read any of the replys since there is only one answer.
SAM/RNG and sidewinder is only for fun purposes and needs A LOT of special gear to be somewhat effective. I've found myself in situations with more than 110 racc, possibly more than any RNG would ever use, plus food and I was still missing most of my ranged attacks, be it normal shots or WS.
The skill is just way too low to make it an honest alternative to great katana or polearm.

Use it for fun situations where no one cares much if you try out some stuff but please don't try to be a RNG and please don't do it without at least certain racc items (which you can read up in guides easy enough, PCC/PCA, o-hat, seiryu's kote, etc. etc.).

Nonetheless, in some situations it can shine, somewhat, but those situations are too rare to consider SAM/RNG as a valid choise for most stuff.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-10-02 13:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ronson has Yoichi, his advice is final.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-02 13:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Frankly, I didn't read any of the replys since there is only one answer.
SAM/RNG and sidewinder is only for fun purposes and needs A LOT of special gear to be somewhat effective. I've found myself in situations with more than 110 racc, possibly more than any RNG would ever use, plus food and I was still missing most of my ranged attacks, be it normal shots or WS.
The skill is just way too low to make it an honest alternative to great katana or polearm.

Sam's Polearm is also B+ ...btw... and Martial Bow says hi....Seriously.. When I'm on sam/rng thats what I use. Its not "omfg strong" like Shigeto Bow/+1 but it lands about 90% of my sidewinders, no joke. That TP bonus is insane accuracy+
By chiptunes 2010-10-02 13:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
yea right because your avrerage(not epeen) 75 sam can consistntly hit abbyssea mobs with archery >.> ive seen average 75 rangers struggle at times im not talking atama or any other ***...im talking about some one who is lvl 50+(OP) at the moment when hits 70+ and enters abbyssea might not have the be all and end all in sidewinder gear for sam.
l2grammar And my 85 SAM could. Not sure what kind of ***SAMs are on your server... On topic though; SAM/RNG is fun as hell, even more so if you have Yoichi... but... yeah.
BorealisV2 said:
Sorry, it's hard to understand your broken incoherant English. l2grammar
Ronson clearly said 75 twice, was that too "grammatically incorrect" for you to understand? Stop posting such stupidity in my thread please. I'm glad your SAM85/RNG42 could hit the mobs in abyssea accurately that's great, but my question was
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
So right now if I was a sam75 and went into abyssea against say... Shadow lizards, generic warrior mob. With decent gear and both using soboro would /rng sidewinder be the higher dmg parse? or would I better off just tping/dding normally /war since the updates nerfing sam/rng came out?
I do agree on how fun it is though, I haven't had this good a time in game since I was thf/cor quickdrawing with culverin or thf slugshotting

this ^^..

nice to communicate with people that want to talk openly and agree or disagree not talk childish answering with GTFO blah blah.

hats off to you good sir

P.S i think by now tho most people know who just plane comes here to insult and who come to acttuly help others even if its not 100% accurate help,trying is trying and you cant knock people for that.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2010-10-02 14:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Yea. . . No. >_>

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Sam's Polearm is also B+ ...btw... and Martial Bow says hi....Seriously.. When I'm on sam/rng thats what I use. Its not "omfg strong" like Shigeto Bow/+1 but it lands about 90% of my sidewinders, no joke. That TP bonus is insane accuracy+
Yea. . . No. >_>

Honestly, don't post some ridiculous stuff here for ppl seeking for advise. Martial bow > Shigeto Bow, on what, rabbits in East Ron[Tab Key]?
Please get real and don't post stuff you have tried out on mobs -30+ your lvl.
By BorealisV2 2010-10-02 14:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
BorealisV2 said:
Yea. . . No. >_>

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Yea. . . No. >_>

Honestly, don't post some ridiculous stuff here for ppl seeking for advise. Martial bow > Shigeto Bow, on what, rabbits in East Ron[Tab Key]?
Please get real and don't post stuff you have tried out on mobs -30+ your lvl.

Grandthief has Yoichi, his advice is final.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-10-02 14:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this thread still alive?
If so, why?
Someone get out a shotgun and put it out of its misery.

Also, wtf is a Mensa troll?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-10-02 14:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

chiptunes said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
yea right because your avrerage(not epeen) 75 sam can consistntly hit abbyssea mobs with archery >.> ive seen average 75 rangers struggle at times im not talking atama or any other ***...im talking about some one who is lvl 50+(OP) at the moment when hits 70+ and enters abbyssea might not have the be all and end all in sidewinder gear for sam.
l2grammar And my 85 SAM could. Not sure what kind of ***SAMs are on your server... On topic though; SAM/RNG is fun as hell, even more so if you have Yoichi... but... yeah.
BorealisV2 said:
Ronson clearly said 75 twice, was that too "grammatically incorrect" for you to understand? Stop posting such stupidity in my thread please. I'm glad your SAM85/RNG42 could hit the mobs in abyssea accurately that's great, but my question was
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
So right now if I was a sam75 and went into abyssea against say... Shadow lizards, generic warrior mob. With decent gear and both using soboro would /rng sidewinder be the higher dmg parse? or would I better off just tping/dding normally /war since the updates nerfing sam/rng came out?
I do agree on how fun it is though, I haven't had this good a time in game since I was thf/cor quickdrawing with culverin or thf slugshotting
this ^^.. nice to communicate with people that want to talk openly and agree or disagree not talk childish answering with GTFO blah blah. hats off to you good sir P.S i think by now tho most people know who just plane comes here to insult and who come to acttuly help others even if its not 100% accurate help,trying is trying and you cant knock people for that.

thats pretty?

do that all by your self did you? *cough cough google*
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-10-02 14:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
chiptunes said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
this ^^.. nice to communicate with people that want to talk openly and agree or disagree not talk childish answering with GTFO blah blah. hats off to you good sir P.S i think by now tho most people know who just plane comes here to insult and who come to acttuly help others even if its not 100% accurate help,trying is trying and you cant knock people for that.

thats pretty?

do that all by your self did you? *cough cough google*

l2grammar
 Carbuncle.Ronson
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-10-02 15:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
chiptunes said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
thats pretty? do that all by your self did you? *cough cough google*
l2grammar

l2comeonhereandbenoneretardedtheoppositeofretarded
By BorealisV2 2010-10-02 15:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
chiptunes said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
thats pretty? do that all by your self did you? *cough cough google*
l2grammar

l2comeonhereandbenoneretardedtheoppositeofretarded

l2grammar

Post deleted by User.
By BorealisV2 2010-10-02 22:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I consider this my homo thread. Quit hatin'!
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-10-02 22:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

GI- SAM AN FFXI HERO~!
By ejiboo 2010-10-03 13:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

with the new latent namas bow, sam/rng is pretty neat, the occasional namas is fun.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-04 00:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
ejiboo said:
with the new latent namas bow, sam/rng is pretty neat, the occasional namas is fun.
Couldnt you just be sam for that though?

well no, because you have to WS 13 times with the bow to "charge" 1 use of Namas Arrow.. sam gets no WS naturally for Ranged weapons...

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-04 00:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

well i dont have said bow, but logic would tell ya its WS with that weapon...
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-05 23:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The Accuracy Penalty on Sidewinder/Slugshot is -40 Racc from what I've learned on COR(Martial Gun) You can land a 95% Hit Rate at Visions of Abyssea Camps but at Scars camps I'd most likelly use Polearm.
Pretty much when calculating your acc make sure you take into account the acc penalty.

SAM/RNG can be beastly, but its just not practical all the time. The only reason I mess with it is because of the left over RNG/COR gear I have.

The Question I have is this, Is Vang. Helm Justified now since E.Lance came out and has a whopping 12 acc? I'm sure you can cap your hit rate with say Pizza+1
Quote:
The -Acc for a 100% slug shot was found to be -40. At 200% this is reduced to -20 accuracy, a substantial difference for COR.
Edit: I meant Viking hat for Penta
Edit again:

This would be nice to shoot for.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 19:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Polearm sam is far more effective on birds IMO, Sam is DRG w/o a wyvern and jumps.

SAM is better than a DRG with a polearm. Polearm Sam wipes the floor with DRG w/ very little effort. Its really sad when another job can take your A+ weapon and do it better than you, ***job is ***.

I'm not just saying DRG sucks cuz I dont like the job, My DRG is pretty amazing, just comes down to SAM being able to take its own weapon and embarrass it completely.

Oh yes this was posted a few pages ago but this was only the case at 75. Soul/Spirit Jump/Sekka change that.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-10-06 19:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind