Is There Truly A STP Cap?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Is there truly a sTP cap?
Is there truly a sTP cap?
 Diabolos.Toushiro
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: dark494
By Diabolos.Toushiro 2010-09-14 05:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard it all. The cap is +100 for whatever reason, it's 0 because you're a nub, its some # because of gear limits. But truly, in all seriousness, is there really a cap to Store TP? With the new AF3 gears, and the Keitonotachi it seems that something akin to a 4-hit build could be in the works for the future. I've seen the gear-sets that can manage up to around ~90 sTP. Does it actually work with this much sTP (as in, you get the amount of TP-return you're supposed to), and also where/how are people coming up with this +100 "cap" that seems unreachable, and thus untested.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-14 05:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get +100STP as SAM, but even without testing typically any percentile increases aside from those that affect delay (for obvious reasons) cap at 100%. Double Attack etc. +100STP is double the TP you would get naturally.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-14 06:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if there is an exact cap...but I think its moreso about efficiency vs losing all of that haste. To get the massive STP needed for a potential 4 hit, you'd have to TP in askar/usukane body with hachi gloves/hachi+1 with the STP+ keiton+1, with goading belt and AF3+1/+2 legs and head (which i'd main anyways in a haste build) usu feet, maybe some store TP+ ring (there is one with like str-4 dex-4 stp+4)

so to recap lots of STP+ but the amount of haste you lose is as follows:
feet: 1%
hands: 3-4%
legs: 1% (given the boost to hasso isn't haste...idk yet..i think these will have a haste boost, but i think its unconfirmed atm)
belt: 1-2%
also losing 2% DA on grip as you'd more than likely need Rose if the 4 hit is even possible.
so thats 6~8% haste lost for a potential 4 hit build, when now you can more than likely 5 hit the WS+10% dmg GK
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-09-14 07:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there is a cap but am unsure on how much. I read somewhere that it isn't possible to 4hit a 464 delay weapon but you can on a 480 delay.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-14 07:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I said that. You can put the numbers into calc to test for yourself if you don't wanna crunch numbers.