Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for prices Ls's might charge for black belt items
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-06 15:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you checked your servers bazaar? I think 1.5m or so per item would be a safe bet.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-06 15:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

2m+/item.
<- bazaar function is better suited for this.
By Mogwhy 2010-08-06 15:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i wast sure were to look to be honest i know a friend of mine paid 2.5 mil for all the items. but ty ill go look there.
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-06 15:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to achievements and look up the top endgame shells on your server. Either send a tell to someone with a sack or check their LS websites.

You can also just keep seeking in Dragon's Aery, Valley of Sorrows, and Behemoth's Dominion until you spot a bunch of people in zone, then just go there and ask whomever gets claim.

Getting timers is easiest after a server reset because the windows are open as soon as the server goes up.

Alternatively, MNK/NIN can duo Adamantoise and probably Behemoth on a level 80 cap. Free beats paying for the drops any day of the week.

You can also do KS99 for the drops. Wyrm can be done with a PT of 6, and the Behemoth with not much more than that. Need a bunch of BLMs for easy Tartaruga Gigante, tho.

Overall, the easiest and cheapest path is to get claim on Adamantoise and Behemoth until they drop, then get some friends to do a Wyrm KS99 run.

Good Luck to you, sir.
[+]
By Mogwhy 2010-08-06 15:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

thank very much that is extreamly helpful
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-08-06 15:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Temeraire said:
Overall, the easiest and cheapest path is to get claim on Adamantoise and Behemoth until they drop, then get some friends to do a Wyrm KS99 run.

Good Luck to you, sir.

On top of this, I recommend trying to claim HQ kings and giving it to LS's in exchange for the drops.

Most LS's will gladly let a BB item slip if they can get hold of a HQ King for it~ Just be ready to hold it for a couple of minutes if you decide to try this.
By FinalCountDOWN 2010-08-06 16:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got a ls talk them into doing some ks99 there beyond easy at 80 now
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-06 16:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My old EGLS was at the point of giving BB items for free, Way more BB items than demand for BB items.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-06 16:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

FinalCountDOWN said:
If you got a ls talk them into doing some ks99 there beyond easy at 80 now

I suspected as much but I actually quit the game about a year and a half ago.

I used to do six man Wyrm KS99 with 3 RNGs and 2 RDM/NINs. I was usually SMN, but SCH is probably more useful.
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-06 16:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Siren.Temeraire said:

Good Luck to you, sir.

On top of this, I recommend trying to claim HQ kings and giving it to LS's in exchange for the drops.

Most LS's will gladly let a BB item slip if they can get hold of a HQ King for it~ Just be ready to hold it for a couple of minutes if you decide to try this.

GL holding Kings solo.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-08-06 16:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that hard, I've watched a MNK hold for 5min solo. And let's be serious, if you have an agreement before it pops then you should only be holding for ~9 shadows max.

With some decent gear swaps and a little preperation, it's hardly difficult.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-06 16:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They will just wait for you to die... or call a GM lol. Even if they agree to give it to you for free (which most won't cause they charge 1~2m...) they can just be lying and get the claim. If you can't kill, that's an easy way to get on peoples nerves.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-06 16:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also gl holding nidhogg and KB on a MNK... aspid is ok but those two, no.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-08-06 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
They will just wait for you to die... or call a GM lol. Even if they agree to give it to you for free (which most won't cause they charge 1~2m...) they can just be lying and get the claim. If you can't kill, that's an easy way to get on peoples nerves.

I've yet to see this happen, ever >_> If there's no competition, they might let you die (in that case though, why are you trying to claim?), otherwise most will gladly take a free HQ King for a 1M hit to their bank.

GM's also won't do anything because the NM's have Rage Timers to prevent excessive holding.

Admittedly HNMLS's could be lying and say they'll give you a BB item in exchange for a King, but doing that would be pretty damaging to their reputation, putting their LS Bank down pretty far at the end of the month because people just won't buy off them.

On Sylph at least, there's 2 LS's that have openly admitted they give away BB items because they have no use for them.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-06 16:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You can hold KB as a MNK/WAR kiter for a few minutes if you know EXACTLY what you are doing. Aspid presents problems in CC, but it is manageable as a MNK/NIN. If you are there as a duo trying to claim the NQs, you can last quite a bit longer. In either case, holding Nidhogg is all but out of the question for anything longer than an elemental seal-sleep 2 (and you'd almost have to claim with that). Note that you shouldn't be MNK/WAR at Behemoth if your intention is to duo the NQ.

Honestly, I wouldn't even camp when HQ is due. You will have far less competition for NQ only. You may have to camp full time, tho, if you don't have a friend in an LS who camps the HQs who is willing to pass on the time after the HQ dies.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-08-06 16:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Also gl holding nidhogg and KB on a MNK... aspid is ok but those two, no.

Holding KB on MNK? You run away from it, not that hard to hold really.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-06 20:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me how long you will last. This is the damn internet... what makes you think these cutthroat HNMls will give a ***what one person thinks or feels after they were lied to? Most that camp now don't care, and really you think they won't ever get a buyer again?