users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Sengikori
Sengikori
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-08-13 15:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Colibri are RDMs so they have MDB JTs.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Darkness and light skillchains mimic what the closing WS dmg did. T2 Skillchains do not so you are still getting the added bonus.

Ya they are a little trickier to test since its not 100% but instead 60% base but still easily tested as I've shown.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
I'm not sure how this helps, because I haven't read the whole thread, but this is what I got using Sengikori before the first WS. When I get back, I'm going to 2 hour one of the 75 NMs around like the Kraken in Qufim for example, and I'll post that up.

It does help I will use this pic to plug in numbers. Level two skillchain closer doing 1260 damage should do 60% of gekko or 1260 x .60 = 756 damage without sengikori or skillchain bonus trait.

Add in skillchain bonus trait + 8% or

756 x 1.08 = 816.48.

Now we add in the sengikori 25% bnous or

816.48 x 1.25 = 1020.6

What do you know I got the exact number it did hmmm.....

Now stop telling me there is conflicting information.
[+]
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Popp1sgirl said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
I'm not sure how this helps, because I haven't read the whole thread, but this is what I got using Sengikori before the first WS. When I get back, I'm going to 2 hour one of the 75 NMs around like the Kraken in Qufim for example, and I'll post that up.

It does help I will use this pic to plug in numbers. Level two skillchain closer doing 1260 damage should do 60% of gekko or 1260 x .60 = 756 damage without sengikori or skillchain bonus trait.

756 x 1.08 = 816.48.

816.48 x 1.25 = 1020.6

On a side related note I'm not sure why this works but it works everytime, instead of caulculating the 8% and 25% seperatly you can just take the initial expected damage and apply a 35% increase to it, not sure why it works but it works everytime.

Example:

756 x 1.35 = 1020.6

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-13 15:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Popp1sgirl said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Yeah sorry, I would've posted sooner but I seem to have missed this thread somehow.

Edit: I'm just rounding here, but I avoided using any DA/STR gear on WS incase it gave random boosts to the SC. There was a lot more screens, but I just didn't want to edit and upload them all.

DA/STR is irrellivent as the boost they give is based on the boost given to the closing ws, in any case naked or fully buffed the SC damage is a % of the closing ws based on the SC level and the number of WS that was used in the SC(3 part darkness is more than 2 part darkness for instance).

I point you to this page where all the SC damage (before SC bonus trait from 78 sam and sengikori at 77 sam) has been for a very very long time.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Skillchain#Linked_Skillchains]Skillchain damage

Yes I'm aware, I mentioned that because the WS numbers weren't in the SS provided, a DA proc on the closing WS would increase the SC dmg, I was stating I didn't use DA for consistencies, that's all.
[+]
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Simplywill said:
So it seems like general concensus is for the following situations that:

Sengikori > Yukikaze > Gekko = Frag SC Dmg Boost
Yukikaze > Sengikori > Gekko = Frag MB Dmg Boost

But what happens when you turn this into a 3 step?

Yukikaze > Sengikori > Gekko > Kasha = ???

Is it a Frag MB Dmg Boost? or Light SC Dmg Boost? Both?

I was wondering also this same exact thing but it is a little trickier to test with one sam without using two hour. It is safe to assume two possible outcomes:

1: It will add a bonus to both MB and SC damage of the WS that initiated it; the description makes me lean towards this since it says: Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill. Which would be really nice, but in practice not something you would be able to take advantage of normally.

2: Once you MB on it and get the bonus the effect wears off of the chain and won't be applied to next skillchain link. I don't think this one is the cause due to the description saying and not or. But again either way you would rarely be able to boost both without a good deal of coordination.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Popp1sgirl said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Yeah sorry, I would've posted sooner but I seem to have missed this thread somehow.

Edit: I'm just rounding here, but I avoided using any DA/STR gear on WS incase it gave random boosts to the SC. There was a lot more screens, but I just didn't want to edit and upload them all.

DA/STR is irrellivent as the boost they give is based on the boost given to the closing ws, in any case naked or fully buffed the SC damage is a % of the closing ws based on the SC level and the number of WS that was used in the SC(3 part darkness is more than 2 part darkness for instance).

I point you to this page where all the SC damage (before SC bonus trait from 78 sam and sengikori at 77 sam) has been for a very very long time.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Skillchain#Linked_Skillchains]Skillchain damage

Yes I'm aware, I mentioned that because the WS numbers weren't in the SS provided, a DA proc on the closing WS would increase the SC dmg, I was stating I didn't use DA for consistencies, that's all.

Apparently you don't understand because you post half of the data which no one can draw conclusions from and say it works using it before 1st or second ws which is completely fallacious.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-13 15:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Popp1sgirl said:

Apparently you don't understand because you post half of the data which no one can draw conclusions from and say it works using it before 1st or second ws which is completely fallacious.

I think not.

That's the damage done for the SC on the last page.

1061 * .60 = 636.6 > 636.
35% of 636 = 222.6 > 222
636 + 222 = 858.

I never refuted the formula.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-13 16:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Popp1sgirl said:

No elle thier data shows nothing they didnt even post WS numbers which is what the SCdamage is based on....

Yes, I already made that point. Thank you for reiterating it though.

Popp1sgirl said:

756 x 1.08 = 816.48.

816.48 x 1.25 = 1020.6

Your math is validated, yes. Well done. Daleterrance's one screenshot does lend evidence that using Sengikori before the 1st WS in a 2-step skillchain does generate bonus Renkei damage, as you stated.

However, this does not *invalidate* Darkanaseur's hypothesis that one can get a Renkei damage bonus *regardless* of whether one uses Sengikori before the 1st OR 2nd WS in the chain.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-08-13 16:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> I knew it was a mistake posting that SS in the middle of you lot bitching..

Either way, I'm happy with my new JA.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-13 16:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Popp1sgirl said:

I think not.

35% of 636 = 222.6 > 222
636 + 222 = 858.

So now we have screenshots showing the same Renkei bonus (35% bonus when combined with the new SAM Job Trait) using Sengikori before the 1st WeaponSkill in a 2-step self-chain (Daleterrence) and ALSO when using Sengikori before the 2nd WeaponSkill in a 2-step self-chain (Darka).

It's only two screenshots (one of each situation), so additional shots would be needed to confirm this, but, based upon the information presented in this thread today, it seems Sengikori is effective regardless of when it is activated.

Keep it coming.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 16:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Popp1sgirl said:

I think not.

35% of 636 = 222.6 > 222
636 + 222 = 858.

So now we have screenshots showing the same Renkei bonus (35% bonus when combined with the new SAM Job Trait) using Sengikori before the 1st WeaponSkill in a 2-step self-chain (Daleterrence) and ALSO when using Sengikori before the 2nd WeaponSkill in a 2-step self-chain (Darka).

It's only two screenshots (one of each situation), so additional shots would be needed to confirm this, but, based upon the information presented in this thread today, it seems Sengikori is effective regardless of when it is activated.

Keep it coming.

No tool, it doesnt activate for SC bonus after first WS, where from that that picture does it show dark using it after yuki; Ill tell you where, no where.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 16:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Popp1sgirl said:

No elle thier data shows nothing they didnt even post WS numbers which is what the SCdamage is based on....

Yes, I already made that point. Thank you for reiterating it though.

Popp1sgirl said:

756 x 1.08 = 816.48.

816.48 x 1.25 = 1020.6

Your math is validated, yes. Well done. Daleterrance's one screenshot does lend evidence that using Sengikori before the 1st WS in a 2-step skillchain does generate bonus Renkei damage, as you stated.

However, this does not *invalidate* Darkanaseur's hypothesis that one can get a Renkei damage bonus *regardless* of whether one uses Sengikori before the 1st OR 2nd WS in the chain.

You know what does though doing it yourself for hours to see it doesnt as I have you are an 80 sam are you too dumb to check for yourself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-13 16:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Popp1sgirl said:
it doesnt activate for SC bonus after first WS, where from that that picture does it show dark using it after yuki; Ill tell you where, no where.

Fair enough. Can you expand upon your screenshot, Darka? We'll need to see the sequence of Yukikaze >> Sengikori >> Gekko >> Fragmentation in full to further validate your hypothesis (and thus, refute Popp's hypothesis).
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-08-13 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, ill post SS later but Doing Sengikori before the 2nd WS I got this

Yuki-725
Gekko- 1494
Frag - 870

2nd time

Yuki - 1494
Gekko - 1007
Frag - 586
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-13 16:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Popp1sgirl said:
it doesnt activate for SC bonus after first WS, where from that that picture does it show dark using it after yuki; Ill tell you where, no where.

Fair enough. Can you expand upon your screenshot, Darka? We'll need to see the sequence of Yukikaze >> Sengikori >> Gekko >> Fragmentation in full to further validate your hypothesis (and thus, refute Popp's hypothesis).

Sorry, the chat box wasn't expanded for that. Though I'm feeling more inclined to agree with Poop1sgirl, I haven't been able to get anything higher than 10% since going back out here.
Sylph.Kimble said:

Yuki-725
Gekko- 1494
Frag - 870

2nd time

Yuki - 1494
Gekko - 1007
Frag - 586

Were those resists? They aren't matching even the JT's 8% increase alone.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-08-13 16:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure, it was vs bees. Even then, its proving it doesnt work before 2nd WS.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 16:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

Yuki-725
Gekko- 1494
Frag - 870

2nd time

Yuki - 1494
Gekko - 1007
Frag - 586

Inconclusive both resists, they didnt even do 60%. But thank you for the data.

870/1494 = 0.58232931726907630522088353413655

or 58%

586/1007 = 0.58192651439920556107249255213505

also 58%
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-08-13 22:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty, here it is with a 4 step, left everything in so you can see what buffs I had up, doubt it matters minus Sengikori, but eh.

[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-13 22:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all doing it wrong anyway.

It should be Tachi: koki - Tachi: Goten for a badass impaction...
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-08-13 22:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
You're all doing it wrong anyway.

It should be Tachi: koki - Tachi: Goten for a badass impaction...

Koki is sex!

Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-08-13 23:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Weaponskilling with Sengikori up makes it so that the next "action" is buffed. If you do Sengi -> Yuki, then the Gekko you follow with will have enhanced SC. If you do Sekkanoki -> Yuki > Sengi > Gekko, the Gekko will plant the buff on the next "action" whether it is a Magic Bursted Nuke, or a Kasha to create light, either the magic burst or the skillchain will be enhanced.

Sengikori only boosts 1 thing, it does not continue like a chain.

Basically if being paired with sekkanoki you should do this:
Enhanced SC Dmg: Sekka -> Sengi -> Rana -> Gekko
Rana plants the bonus, and gekko uses that bonus by creating a skillchain.

Enhanced MB Dmg: Sekka -> Rana -> Sengi -> Gekko -> Nuke
The Sengi-Gekko both creates a SC and plants the sengikori buff. The nuke takes the buff and recieves a boost.

I felt like repeating what a couple competent people have been saying because obviously facts aren't conclusive enough.

Ah this is the answer I was looking for, tyvm!
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-08-14 00:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I *** LOVE SENGIKORI!!!!!11!!

[+]