Donto > Efunotachi > Hyogugusarinotachi
 Valefor.Archeron
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Valefor.Archeron 2010-07-02 06:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the path im looking to take.
I cannot be bothered to pop T3 VNM's etc etc or any VNM's to do my weapon, i just want to solo play.

Do you think that Hyogugusarinotachi which is:
Damage: 89 Strength +6 Attack +20 Delay 437

Is it gonna be actually any good in parse, say, better than Hagun? I'm SURE it will be eventually anyway, because of the level cap. BUt im no FFXI Maths Guru, i need one of your guys honest opinion :D

Thanksssssssssssss

Archeron - Valefor
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-07-02 06:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yea thats actually a pretty solid gkt, provided you have the store tp necessary to retain a 6hit build.

is it better than hagun?

now that's a trick question.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-02 07:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyogugusarinotachi is a bit of a mouth full lol.

Could I suggest Keitonotachi? From start to finish it took me roughly 8-10 hours to complete and it's outcomes are,

Keitonotachi:
Option 1 ~ Delay 464, DMG89, Tachi: Kasha +10%. (Sword Strap works well).
Option 2 ~ Delay 464, DMG91, Store-TP +5. (Can aim for 5hit or Sword Strap).

Depends on your other gear, but a lot easier to work around than the Hyojdzzkllkjjknokchi

Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-07-02 07:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd take the Hyojdzzkllkjjknokchi (i like this name) over the 2 you recommended lol.

simply because of the - delay.

while your 2 recommendations have > delay than standard hagun.
not while not only are you not going to get that ftp boost but your also swinging slower :(

ijdk.

Option 1 ~ Delay 464, DMG89, Tachi: Kasha +10%. (Sword Strap works well).

this option is only good if your going to change from a gekko *** to a kasha ***, imo not worth it. Gekko gets a huge attk boost, why not make use of that and use a higher dps gkt?

Option 2 ~ Delay 464, DMG91, Store-TP +5. (Can aim for 5hit or Sword Strap).
5hit might work in situations which would rock, but sword strap? his Hyojdzzkllkjjknokchi would be a much better option if your going to use this gkt just so u can wear sword strap lol. 437 delay vs 464 delay.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-02 07:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well what I mean is if you were to chose the 464 with +5STP then of course you should aim for 5hit, which yea renders the Sword strap obsolete as all that does is make it 450 delay.

437 delay just seems a little off putting but that's cos I don't own the Goading Belt or Usukane body, so I'd have to take a hit on Haste somewhere which kinda makes the 437 delay pointless.

I did pick the Kasha +10% and yea I'm now a Tachi: Flower spammer and not Gekko (which is a little weird still, be meh).

***is situational as always, but you could also argue that Askar Korazin has a chance considering we've now got 15 more combat skill (13.5acc) from that, so maybe that could be another way ^^

Depends on other gear really.

Edit: On another side note, Keitonotachi looks pretty horrific in all honesty, same DAT as Windslicer lol.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-02 07:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

With any hope SAM will get another Store TP trait. I've been working towards the Masamune (although I doubt I'll be able to get 50 items from abyssea). I had taken a break from FFXI and sold off most of my gear, so when coming back I grabbed an Onimaru and mained BRD mostly. With the level cap increase I find myself playing SAM more, and hesitant to purchase a Hagun with the market possible falling out from under it.

If this STR/ATK one out does it, or compares, I might have to start up one since I would at least be able to complete that trial. I'd been debating doing another ToM GKT for a status effect or something situational like that, but now I'm curious to see how this one stacks up to Hagun.
 Valefor.Archeron
Server: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Archeron 2010-07-02 11:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry i didnt take into account my current tp gear xD

As it stands, it looks like this:

Hagun
Pole Grip
Tiphia Sting
Wally Turban
Peacock Charm
Brutal Earring
Bushinimopmimnimnimniniiniinii
Haubergeon +1 (I have askars)
Hachiman Kote
Uthalams Ring
Rajas Ring
Cuchalains Mantle
Velocity Belt
Byakko's Haidates
Fuma Sune-Ate

I also have the store tp 5/5 merits ^ ^
 Bahamut.Takisha
Server: Bahamut
user: Elmarpo
By Bahamut.Takisha 2010-07-12 07:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea how much Store TP you need to retain 6-hit build?
I know 11 STP needed for 350 delay but not sure on how to work out for the 437 ^^
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-12 07:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Takisha said:
Any idea how much Store TP you need to retain 6-hit build?
I know 11 STP needed for 450 delay but not sure on how to work out for the 437 ^^

For a 437, you'd need +16 STP (5 more than for a 450 delay)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-08-13 08:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just completed the Hyogugusarinotachi with DMG:92 Delay:450 Add.eff.:Weaken Def +15. Seems nice, I haven't parsed it or anything, but the additional effect kicks in fairly often (more than I expected). Did Limbus last night, and it would trigger normally within 2-3 hits.

Just in case anyone was curious of the tigger rates lol.