SAM Update?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM Update?
SAM Update?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ramuh.Krazyy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-06-17 13:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

"- The level requirement for the samurai ability "Sekkanoki" will be reduced from 60 to 40."

I feel like someone just stole my candy..

"Sengikori (SAM Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill."

I would like this a little more if it was less than 3 min recast, seeing how SAMs will WS 125468 times in that 3 mins. UNLESS it is crazy strong (which i dont think it will be), such as doubling SC damage? I wouldnt mind turning that 700 Frag into a 1400+ every 3 mins.

anyone else wanna chime in?
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-06-17 13:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no Samurai but from reading this I think you guys got *** in the *** .
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-17 13:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll chime in and say that you get more access to STR gear and attribute, and better weapons and potentially (Though unlikely) a better WS. What's not to like? Sure you didn't get flashy new toys that you can ADHD over for a few minutes, but SAM is still getting a rather large boost to damage regardless.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-06-17 13:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

we also get a SC bonus job trait at 78.. looks like SE is trying to bring back SC/MB like its 2005!
 Asura.Byakura
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Byakura 2010-06-17 13:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If it doubles SC and MB damage then Sengikori will be pretty cool.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-17 13:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krazyy said:
we also get a SC bonus job trait at 78.. looks like SE is trying to bring back SC/MB like its 2005!
Well again, unless I've totally got this SAM thing wrong, I like to use Sekkanoki to use, say, Yuki >> Gekko >> Kasha to make a Fragmentation >> Light. SC bonus will increase both of those skill chains' damages.
[+]
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-06-17 13:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole Sekkanoki for everyone thing is really dumb. Also no Conserve TP or Tactical Parry? Where's the love SE?
[+]
 Asura.Byakura
By Asura.Byakura 2010-06-17 13:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternius is right. The fact they gave SAM anything new at all still shows they're not taking a ***on the job. lol Sekkanoki didn't make SAM the job it is(though it did add a sense of uniqueness aside from DNC and BLU I guess.)
 Ramuh.Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-06-17 13:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Krazyy said:
Well again, unless I've totally got this SAM thing wrong, I like to use Sekkanoki to use, say, Yuki >> Gekko >> Kasha to make a Fragmentation >> Light. SC bonus will increase both of those skill chains' damages.

well Sekk will only get you to Fragmentation not all the way to Light.. but I wont complain if its a noticeable SC bonus.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-06-17 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krazyy said:
"- The level requirement for the samurai ability "Sekkanoki" will be reduced from 60 to 40."

Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill."

I would like this a little more if it was less than 3 min recast, seeing how SAMs will WS 125468 times in that 3 mins. UNLESS it is crazy strong (which i dont think it will be), such as doubling SC damage? I wouldnt mind turning that 700 Frag into a 1400 every 3 mins.

Said this in LS and people don't understand why I'm so pissed.

"Ok. We're lowering Rampart, Accomplice/Collaborator, Unlimited Shot, Super Jump, Composure, Elemental Siphon, and Retaliation to 40. u mad?"

Their response, "Oh... Yeah..."
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 13:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see why people are crying about Sekkanoki. RNGs don't *** SAMs can /RNG and use Barrage and Sharpshot, even Sidewinder for that matter. WARs don't *** SAMs can /WAR and use Berserk and Warcry. Nor do NINs *** about Utsusemi. Share the wealth, ***.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-06-17 13:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well considering SE is only telling us about new ability and traits. Nothing about what lv 80 (or 90, 99) current traits will be in store for us. I suspect STP V at lv 90, and Hasso will add more str as the level keeps going up (at least, one can hope).

But ability wise, Sen'gikori better add 100% more damage to SC ^^;
[+]
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-17 13:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that many weapons can solo a lv3, so it just encourages people to SC more, no excuse for 2 people not to work out a 3 step SC anymore
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-06-17 13:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
Don't see why people are crying about Sekkanoki. RNGs don't *** SAMs can /RNG and use Barrage and Sharpshot, even Sidewinder for that matter. WARs don't *** SAMs can /WAR and use Berserk and Warcry. Nor do NINs *** about Utsusemi. Share the wealth, ***.

SAM's dont *** that anyone can sub the job and use Hasso and Meditate. They're taking a level 60 ability and dropping it for everyone's use. Would RNG's feel robbed if SE dropped Unlimited Shot? If Retaliation was dropped to 40?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-06-17 13:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sedres said:
Not that many weapons can solo a lv3, so it just encourages people to SC more, no excuse for 2 people not to work out a 3 step SC anymore

Doubt a lot of people know SC links. Times I see a fragmentation pop out and the other Sam will just spam a gekko than using kasha ><;
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 13:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally wouldn't mind, more versatility all around. Levels the playing field a bit. Should be more of a fun competition with other DDs instead of a cry fest as to why they're 'losing something'.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 13:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krazyy said:

I would like this a little more if it was less than 3 min recast, seeing how SAMs will WS 125468 times in that 3 mins. UNLESS it is crazy strong (which i dont think it will be), such as doubling SC damage? I wouldnt mind turning that 700 Frag into a 1400 every 3 mins.

it's probably so you can throw the boost on yer big skillchains brosef.
 Asura.Byakura
By Asura.Byakura 2010-06-17 13:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1000 rana -> 1300 Gekko -> 2600 darkness(2x SC) I don't see what the big deal is. >.> Of course this is assuming it's not like +10% SC damage; that SE doesn't hate SAM. *cough*
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-06-17 13:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Sen'gikori will just move the SC damage down 1 notch. ie) from 2 skills -> 3 skills damage potential. Meh at best, damage is damage.

Linkey: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Skillchain#Linked_Skillchains
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-17 13:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the *** cares? SAM will still be OP as a DD at the end of the day. Nobody is stealing your identity as a SAM. And to answer the question before about those JA's being lowered, no I wouldn't give two shits, if anything i'd be glad that there are more possibilities for job combinations and their respective effectiveness.
[+]
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-17 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:

"Ok. We're lowering Rampart, Accomplice/Collaborator, Unlimited Shot, Super Jump, Composure, Elemental Siphon, and Retaliation to 40. u mad?"

"We're giving everyone ungimped Convert."
Quetzalcoatl.Mikania said:
Doubt a lot of people know SC links. Times I see a fragmentation pop out and the other Sam will just spam a gekko than using kasha ><;
If SAMs would take a moment to talk with me on this, I'd gladly wheeling their frag into a Light rather than Drakesbane and ruin it. Or we could try to work out something with a Drakes closer, or drakes in the middle. I don't care. But they don't talk about it, they don't announce it, they just go and get screwed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 13:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go sam/rdm and ya'll won't know what to do with my galka mp man...teheheheh.
/sarcasm
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-06-17 15:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who have not looked through the job traits. Hagun will be replaced finally. Sam sub warrior at 90 will get fencer at war 45. Gives a Tp bonus to weaponskills. Thats something good to lookforward to. and I also look forward to Haguns worth 20 k lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 15:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM gets enough ***. Easier 5-6hit builds alone is enough...stop bitching b/c other jobs get use out of subbing sam. As I've said before, if you don't like it, quit.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 15:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Omicronceti said:
The whole Sekkanoki for everyone thing is really dumb. Also no Conserve TP or Tactical Parry? Where's the love SE?

They gave the love to Dragoon and Dancer. :D
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-17 15:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM will inevitably get higher tiers of the Store TP trait, making x-hit builds easier to get without merits.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 15:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Ramuh.Krazyy said:

QFT...so sad sam got f-in in the A on this update as its my favorite job...everything that screams Sam, went to drg or dnc lol (tactical parry, conserve TP...) even the SC bonus went to 78 sam but dnc gets it THIRTY levels earlier.....WTF :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 15:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Ramuh.Krazyy said:

QFT...so sad same got f-in in the A on this update as its my favorite job...everything that screams Sam, went to drg or dnc lol (tactical parry, conserve TP...) even the SC bonus went to 78 sam but dnc gets it THIRTY levels earlier.....WTF :(
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 15:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol w/e dude...they just massively nerfed my fave job somethin fierce
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8