What Do You Think Of This?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » What do you think of this?
What do you think of this?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-06-02 20:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Saren said:

came across this when looking at screenshots. just wanted to hear some thoughts on it

I'm not a firm believer in critical hit rate builds, nor I ever will be I'm sure, but nonetheless, Oblit doesn't need your criticism. I'm actually rather surprised you went as far as to make a thread about it, really.

Assuming you know all that Store TP and a Kurodachi [654] equates to a five-hit, the only questionable piece in that entire set is, as stated above by many [unaware] people, the Askar Zucchetto. Thing is, you tell me (or rather, us) what else you should be using if you're capping accuracy as /DRG without the additional 3 ACC via Ace's Helm.

Oh hey, new page already; that's something.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-06-02 20:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Right, because my post totally said Soboro > Kurodachi.

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-02 20:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
In a game based on perfection, there is no room for individuality.

Feel free to have armour that makes you an individual, but be prepared to be slated for it. Town is the place to be an individual, not on the battlefield.

Individuality is shown through player skill, Two people with identical gear can place very far apart in a parse. And a player with "Superior gearz" can be inferior to a player with "Less twink shitz dawg"

Btw, Campaign counts as "Town". Fulltime Shadow Breastplate ftw!!

As for Crit builds, two jobs really lend themselves to Crit builds well. Samurai and Beastmaster. Most of the DEX+ Gear will already be fulltimed by virtue of other stats (Haste, Acc, blah, blah), So while it may be an unintentional bonus, it's definitely an awesome thing to have.
 Phoenix.Saren
Server: Phoenix
user: Saren75
By Phoenix.Saren 2010-06-02 20:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Phoenix.Saren said:

came across this when looking at screenshots. just wanted to hear some thoughts on it

I'm not a firm believer in critical hit rate builds, nor I ever will be I'm sure, but nonetheless, Oblit doesn't need your criticism. I'm actually rather surprised you went as far as to make a thread about it, really.
I wasnt tring criticize him in anyway. when i saw the set my eyes went from o.o to O.O. i rly like the set to be honest n wasnt thinking about going for the exact build above. didnt think wed have anyone actually speak on it says things such as o you should wear a turban instead
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 00:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
I'd honestly rather just sport the turban, sub warrior and sport brutal bushino. But do whatever works for ya~

made me lol.

If you're capped haste, why would you gimp yourself with having less stats? Seems like you care to much about what people would think, lol.

Not saying Askar is great, but if it's giving you better stats for your setup than w/e else you have. You wear it.

Just saying what I'd do. No need to get up in arms over it.

Also you know Wyvern Earring is ineffective when subbing anything but dragoon right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-03 00:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yes earring is only for /drg which is a excellent sub job when using GKT. What i assuming you wanted to say is, you do not enjoy playing with /drg on sam i am guessing, which is an opinion and a preference and should be accepted as such. If this is wrong then you simply just like looking better in a turban ? idk ill let someone else discuss that if its the case.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 00:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
yes earring is only for /drg which is a excellent sub job when using GKT. What i assuming you wanted to say is, you do not enjoy playing with /drg on sam i am guessing, which is an opinion and a preference and should be accepted as such. If this is wrong then you simply just like looking better in a turban ? idk ill let someone else discuss that if its the case.

Naw, I just enjoy subbing warrior for the most part, and since the haste earring is removed I would replace it's place with Bushino and since haste is no longer capped, I would go back to using Turban. Simple as that.

Although I'm sure once I get my hands on that earring and mess around on /DRG it would be very fun as much as it is effective while using GTK.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-03 04:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
I'd honestly rather just sport the turban, sub warrior and sport brutal bushino. But do whatever works for ya~

made me lol.

If you're capped haste, why would you gimp yourself with having less stats? Seems like you care to much about what people would think, lol.

Not saying Askar is great, but if it's giving you better stats for your setup than w/e else you have. You wear it.

Just saying what I'd do. No need to get up in arms over it.

Also you know Wyvern Earring is ineffective when subbing anything but dragoon right?

Yes, I know it's a /Drg only earring. However, since he has it equipped it's obvious he's using /DRG and thus capping haste.

However I see where you're coming from, and I'm a fan of /War myself, even with GK. There's just something about those DA gekko's that make it fun ^.^ Although I don't have the earring to warrant /Drg anyways =P
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-03 05:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
/drg all the way for GK~
Valefor.Argettio said:
/DRG is epic win for GKT

/concur
 Siren.Aem
Server: Siren
user: alekandr
By Siren.Aem 2010-06-03 06:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

HASTE BUILD - GOES! /DRG Does add quite a bit for various jobs, it's that pesky earring ;)
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-03 07:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The build is damn near perfect for accuracy capped situations (I can't think of any changes to make).

If he needs acc (HNM etc) then he can rework the build and use a 6hit with pizza or sushi or something, which if you check his profile he has done.

/DRG is the idea sub for a GKT SAM, as you should only be using GKT in situations where your pdif is low, therefore TP damage sucks (relavtively), and it becomes more about WS frequency than ever before.

The guy obviously knows is stuff, and has the gear to back it up. Good luck to him, I say. Got some more Trials coming up soon though :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Tugboat
user: Canoe
By Cerberus.Tugboat 2010-06-03 16:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

When you can beat oblit on a parse, get back to me and let me know your gear set plz.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalam
user: Kalam
By Cerberus.Kalam 2010-06-05 04:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tugboat said:
When you can beat oblit on a parse, get back to me and let me know your gear set plz.
I'll give him a challenge >.> Prolly wont beat him, but ill give him a run for his money :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-06-05 05:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I only know the math behind melee gearsets, and while I can't speak for practical applications, I don't really see anything wrong with the TP set. For those ripping askar zucchetto for the loss of 4 accuracy, I imagine with /DRG's Accuracy Bonus, he can spare a little bit of accuracy if he wants the DEX to maximize critical hits. Can't say I know the proper math behind crits., but I doubt he's wanting for the accuracy anyway.