Why I Left CorsairShip (aka Zannefair)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Titan » Why I left CorsairShip (aka Zannefair)
Why I left CorsairShip (aka Zannefair)
 Titan.Gerrard
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Gerrard
By Titan.Gerrard 2010-06-02 15:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So, to be clear, I'm not looking for sympathy or anything. It's just I've had a bunch of CorsairShip people ask why I left, and I wanted to post this somewhere where they could read it. I'm sorry that you "wasted your day" reading it. I'll add a disclaimer that it's a lame rage-quit.

Titan.Kautamer said:
I've known Zannefair since 2004, and this is the best apology I've seen from Zannefair. You may want to reevaluate your position or leaving CorsairShip because you didn't get an apology from her. If I had that same apology she gave you she would still be on my Friend's List.
Her apologies, as I read them, are: "I'm sorry for pissing you off. I reserve the right to tell you to '*** off' if I feel my control being threatened in the slightest." That's not much of an apology.

Asura.Oncilla said:
There's no reason to leave a LS (Which I'm guessing CorsairShip is) over such a trivial matter.
If you truly do have an issue with the way she treats you, just move on with it and ignore her.
Don't help her until she full-heartedly apologizes for her actions.

People in a MMO need each other to advance, you can't just tell a friend to "*** off" and then still expect to get help from them.

If the LS (again, I don't know if it is) doesn't approve, then maybe you should find a more reliable one that doesn't bend to the will of a person just because it's a female.
(That was in reply to that guy that sided with her instead of common sense.)
I'm sorry. I will not stick with a friend who feels that they are superior to me, who feel like they can use me whenver they want and tell me to *** off if they don't like what I have to say. This isn't the only reason I'm leaving by the way. Z is imfamous for pulling ***like this; lesser stuff has happened to me before, and I just wrongly believed that the stories I heard were false, until it happened to me. It's been building.

Thank you though for suggesting a more reliable and reasonable LS. I have found one. Note that Z gets her way because Z is Cynric's wife, the leader of CorsairShip. Let me emphasize that Cyn is a really cool guy, good guy, good player, but Z is not.

Alexander.Eyelyn said:
I really can't believe I wasted part of my day reading this post. To the OP: This is a game. Learn to let things go. It's not like you're being very respectful either. Hanging out the dirty laundry just shows that you aren't mature enough to handle the situation. You aren't building any respect for yourself by doing so either.
I'm sorry you wasted your day reading it. I posted this to answer the repeated question "why did you leave?", and rather than post my biased summary, I wanted to post the unbiased events. As for whether this is disrespectful by posting this "private" conversation online, *** you too.

Also, you hit on one of my personal pet peeves. Yes, this is a game. Suppose I was at my rec league soccer team, and some guy invited me to come over to practice, then told me to *** off and go away when I showed up because he didn't like my pointer on X? Same difference, except one is a virtual game and one is a "real world" game. Both involve real people, and I see no reason why the standards should be different, besides convention. I will support the convention that people's feelings and respect are worth the same in both situations. I would not accept a friend telling me to *** off after being invited over to his house to help, nor will I in game.

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Asura.Oncilla said:
you can't just tell a friend to "*** off" and then still expect to get help from them.

lol I tell this to members of my linkshell all the time, and they come back at me with the same ***. Members of my linkshell are constantly ragging on each other, giving each other loads of *** for no reason BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS DO lol Sure, we've had players leave the linkshell because they couldnt handle it. Though even through all this ***talk with each other, most understand it's friendly and we still manage to accomplish more together than most other linkshells.

Honestly, if you cant take a little ***from people you consider friends then you really do need to grow up. After reading most of the conversation (because I really am just that bored), I personally feel the OP took this WAY too seriously and probably would have told him to shut the *** up and wipe the sand out of his vagina.
This reminds me a lot of high school and the *** I had to put up with in there. Friends do not tell friends to *** off after asking for help. Friends do not apologize to friends but reserve the right to tell them to *** off in the future after asking for help. You can be jackasses in your circle of friends if you want. I will not hang out with such people.
 Asura.Oncilla
Server: Asura
user: Zefie
By Asura.Oncilla 2010-06-02 18:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Miraun said:
I can make up logs too:

Oncilla>> OMG, I love you
>>Oncilla I know babe, you told me that 5 minutes ago
Oncilla>> I wanted to tell you again, because you're that *** awesome
Beelshaman>> Sup dude, just wanted to tell you that you kick ***. All those peeps are nubs.
Krizz>> You busy? This pt sucks and we need ur 1337 Deeps to make it suck less.
Jewkitten>> LoLbutts.
Oncilla>> Want 2 cyber?
>>Oncilla Sure

True story. Cross server and all.
Excuse me, sir?
I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my name for ***like that.

By Guenhwyvar 2010-06-04 00:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What? Zanne acting like the biggest douche on Titan? theres a shocker.

To ANYONE posting from other servers with their cans of gasoline... you have no idea. Gerrard is not asking for sympathy, Im actually surprised he stuck it out that long in Corsairship... I wouldnt last as minute without telling her to go *** off. Then again I'm the kind of guy who tells it to you straight, hates liars, despises people who use others for their own personal gain, and knows how to treat the people who help me out.... so that relationship is sorta doomed from the start.

I have not had the pleasure of dealing with Zanne personally.. well aside from random nyzul runs, ISNM runs or exp parties..

I have had plenty(way too many to count)of friends on Titan who would sooner glaze her with barbeque sauce than piss on her in the event she was on fire.

Her lack of people skills and holier than thou attitude sickens me when accompanied with her title of "linkshell leader"

For the record, you can tell someone to *** off and still expect help... I do it all the time to my friends... they actually expect it from me. I also dont surround myself with overly-sensative "what have you done for me lately" *** who will sooner take everything from you and bail than give you a second of physical help. Who the *** has time for that?

for all you TL:DR trolls out there, ill sum up:

Cheers Gerrard, your patience is that of a buddhist monk. Hit me up if you ever need help.

Now wheres my barbeque sauce?
[+]
 Titan.Ironbull
user: Wildbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-06-04 02:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what? Who's zanne?
By Guenhwyvar 2010-06-04 12:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

you didnt read the thread did you?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [272 days between previous and next post]
By lunapanshiel 2011-03-03 10:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

sad to say is that this entire event is typical behavior for Zannefair, and the exact reason i will bail out of ANY good abyssea party/low man NM hunt that i see her join. my experience is when she shows up, bad things happen and i prefer to stay out of it

all i can say to Gerrard is good luck, hopefully you can find a good LS after the server merge that respects you, lord knows i'm looking for one too
 Titan.Neofirebrand
user: Neofire
By Titan.Neofirebrand 2011-03-03 11:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanne is cool ; ;
 Titan.Neofirebrand
user: Neofire
By Titan.Neofirebrand 2011-03-03 11:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Guenhwyvar said:

To ANYONE posting from other servers with their cans of gasoline... you have no idea. Gerrard is not asking for sympathy, Im actually surprised he stuck it out that long in Corsairship... I wouldnt last as minute without telling her to go *** off. Then again I'm the kind of guy who tells it to you straight, hates liars, despises people who use others for their own personal gain, and knows how to treat the people who help me out.... so that relationship is sorta doomed from the start.

I have not had the pleasure of dealing with Zanne personally.. well aside from random nyzul runs, ISNM runs or exp parties..

I have had plenty(way too many to count)of friends on Titan who would sooner glaze her with barbeque sauce than piss on her in the event she was on fire.

Her lack of people skills and holier than thou attitude sickens me when accompanied with her title of "linkshell leader"

For the record, you can tell someone to *** off and still expect help... I do it all the time to my friends... they actually expect it from me. I also dont surround myself with overly-sensative "what have you done for me lately" *** who will sooner take everything from you and bail than give you a second of physical help. Who the *** has time for that?

Cheers Gerrard, your patience is that of a buddhist monk. Hit me up if you ever need help.

Guenhwyvar said:

Your sounding like trying to speak for everyone, not everybody has had an bad experience with Zanne and the same cam be said about others. I mean don't get me wrong she's made me wanna throat chop her a few times but at the end of the day she's one of the sweetie females on Titan.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-03-14 01:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro bump much? double quotes too?

I personally love throat chopping "females" I consider sweet...

I never claimed to speak for everyone, I'm certainly not going to be the last one Zanne ever pisses off either considering this thread. (I didnt start this thread btw and youre going to quote someone who agrees with the OP?) but it sounds like I'm speaking for you now doesnt it? I just dont give the douchewaffles a new opportunity to act the exact same way.

I'm actually not surprised you're defending her, you're both cut from the same cloth. The day we were in an abyssea exp alliance together (when it was new) and you "kept all the drops" to "divide them up later" when pops were worth a ton back then.. and suddenly logged a few hours later with over a mil worth of pops (which you bragged about, and put in your bazaar the next day) was enough to convince me not to deal with you again... until now. Even now I feel like I'm stooping down a level for replying. You may as well go ahead and quote every other person who posted in this necro bumped thread, cause we all seem to agree. May as well quote yourself while you're at it... throat chop lol.

As much as I'll miss Titan, I'm actually very much looking foreward to the merger. Increased population makes it all that much easier to avoid this particular flavor of ***.
[+]
By Method 2011-03-14 06:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gerrard said:
Short version? She and Laurianna asked for my help on Shantotto fight. A hour before Z telled me asking what jobs should we bring. I say let's just wait until the 6 people show and discuss strategy. We've determined we have the right jobs. I'm just not sure the best way to do it. She says that we should decide now and not decide by committee. I mention that "i don't like that part of you". She replies "well *** u ger we can get someone else lmao". I react as nice as humanly possible and as courteous as humanly possible, explaining to her that you cannot tell friends who you've just asked for help to "*** off" when you don't like their honest advice. She tells me to "grow up". There's some more back and forth where I demand a full apology. She gives half apologies, and asks an apology from me for bringing it out into linkshell chat. (Demanding an apology from me? Asshat.) Cynric is mostly neutral during the whole event and just wished it would go away silently. He plays devil's advocate for Z, though at some points he does obviously side with her against common sense. I have sympathy for Cynric's position. He is a really cool guy. I just won't put up with his wife anymore for him.
I truly feel sorry for Cyn! very cool guy,and from what I saw out of him he was a good leader while I was in CS long ago. But his Wife/Anchor was a snatch!
By Titan.Nathanielglory 2011-03-20 07:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweetie females? Wow, my only experience with the player is a series of salvage runs (with Gerrard /wave) where she was whm. One run i remember she spent the whole time after getting a body cell, in a blessed body. At the end of the run i asked, basically wtf? In reply i got something along the lines of shes a really well geared whm and i dont understand how whm works.

That in a nutshell sums up Zanne
[+]
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-03-20 10:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree Nath, put any question into anything she's doing and you'll likely wind up getting the preacher's response. Longwinded, redundant, and full of ***. Can't possibly be wrong... ever.

Maybe some people consider that to be sweet lol. Charles Manson is also charming, George W. Bush is a genious, and Janet Reno is drop dead gorgeous.

And Method, we can't really feel bad for Cyn. By not saying anything about it with full awareness, it's just the same as condoning it. Look at it like I do, he's just a crusty sock puppet. Sad, I know.

Luckily most of the server has learned to avoid it over the years. (I tend to avoid it like the bubonic plague) Those who choose to stand idle and tolerate it sort of have it coming and should'nt be surprised when it finally does.
 Titan.Tearxx
user: Tearxx
By Titan.Tearxx 2011-03-20 14:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in CS for 2 years (i think?) and ended up leaving because of zanne also. As nath did (Hi nat!) i was in the same salvage group, and because "she wouldnt come other jobs" she wanted to come WHM so i was forced to BRD or second WHM. To sum it up, with a magic cell, max mp, and a weapon being "second WHM" i still out healed her in parse by like 20%. If that helps anyone gauge her ability.
 Titan.Sphinxx
user: Sphinxx
By Titan.Sphinxx 2011-03-21 02:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that salvage group~ I'll never forget it.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-21 02:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Made this just for this thread, but why bump it?
 Titan.Chimax
user: Chimax
By Titan.Chimax 2011-03-22 11:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Method said:
I truly feel sorry for Cyn! very cool guy,and from what I saw out of him he was a good leader while I was in CS long ago. But his Wife/Anchor was a snatch!

I also spent some time in Corsairship and I find this to be a pretty accurate statement.