Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Amano w/o salvage
Amano w/o salvage
 Phoenix.Haltro
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-05-29 23:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, I couldn't say for sure but I didn't think I had any form of double attack... *shrug* maybe it was during my askar body phase.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-29 23:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Double Attack.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-29 23:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the zanshin proc on ws is true then iunno. Sure you weren't using pole grip? brutal earring?
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-05-29 23:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

100% sure, I know because I had to use Rose Grip to keep a 6 hit because I didn't have CoP done. (No Pole Grip because of lack of Rajas and no Brutal Earring at the time). But thats embarrassing so lets not focus on that, haha.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-29 23:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel ya, CoPless as well.
Although I'm not sure if I believe zanshin works on WS's...
 Phoenix.Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-05-29 23:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't either. I have just yet to have a solid explanation, and it's happened at least 3 times that I can recall.
Tachi: Gekko hits for about the same damage as a normal swing and 1TP return, so zanshin only counting as a normal hit is the most logical thing I could think of...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-05-29 23:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Gekko missed but damage was still done. It was rare but happened occasionally when I was farming alky bracelets all day.

Edit: I'm looking for some testing on it, but I'm almost positive I've experienced that. Even if it was over a year ago since I've solo'd consistantly on sam.

Sorry for the late reply; in a party currently, being Sherlock Holmes to this one person. Don't ask.

You speak of the Moldy Buckler gigas: Are you positive it wasn't on the Monk-type Jotunn that it was occurring?

If so: Guard (when a process occurs) will cause a single-hit weapon skill to appear as if it "missed", but it will give you a full TP return, as well as deal (nearly halved) damage).
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 00:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That could have been it. I couldn't find any testing for zanshin on WS's so I stopped looking.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-05-30 00:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I guarantee you it's that, and rest assured that's the thing that annoys the living *** out of me when it comes to fighting certain Monk-type monsters (Silver Sea Remnants floor two, primarily since they'll screw Penta Thrust over big time).

If you want solid proof of it though, give NE Apollyon's first floor a shot. The one with the goobbue boss, as well as the black and white mandragora everywhere, to be exact.

The mandragora guard nearly every third weapon skill you'll throw out, it's very disgusting; just need to use a single-hit weapon skill, and you'll see for yourself easily enough I'm sure.

All that aside though, I'm 99.5% sure that Zanshin cannot process on a weapon skill (as much as no proof to prove it seems faulty).