Anyone Still Doing AF Burn ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Anyone still doing AF burn ?
Anyone still doing AF burn ?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-08 14:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Munky said:
I'm a lazy *** and you're all HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Sound about right?
[+]
 Bismarck.Munky
Server: Bismarck
user: Angeleus
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-08 14:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Bismarck.Munky said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Beastmaster 75 is the best job to astral burn, its the most potent subjob and needs no skills whatsoever, the OP could be whm/bst and charm lvl 71 mobs easily thanks to bst75 even with zero skill leveled on that bst

Come on guys lol interrogating the hell out of him

AF Burn Beast-master it must be a touchy subject.

I can completely understand thier point if its your first and main 75 like rdm with no enfeebling skill and you jump into dynamis but jeeze, this is like someone saving money on Geico and everyone asks "why would you do that?" Its not like your bst75 will *** over their events. Maybe just bored?

Are you assuming that this is my first character and beast master is going to be my first 75 job like everyone else.

Honestly i would think there would be someone who would actually would take their time to think-before they start making idiocy statements and assumptions.

***... for a sec there i thought we live in a perfect world. need to stop watching those Walgreen commercial.
 Ifrit.Munkys
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Munkys 2010-05-08 14:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I suck *** for money so i can support my family and my ffxi addiction.

sounds about right?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-08 14:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Munkys said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I suck *** for money so i can support my family and my ffxi addiction.

sounds about right?
Maybe if I still played FFXI, had a family, or hell, actually needed money.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-08 14:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Its not like your bst75 will *** over their events.

Because no one brings BSTs to events. (At least, when I played)
 Bismarck.Munky
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-08 14:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
]I said if this was your first and main 75 their point would of been more valid, I never assumed it was and I didn't ask you to clarify.

Sorry I was on the assumption bandwagon like the rest of the people who are on it. :)

Bismarck.Munky
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-08 14:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Maybe if I still played FFXI,

This is interesting...

Please continue.
 Ifrit.Munkys
By Ifrit.Munkys 2010-05-08 14:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Because no one brings BSTs to events. (At least, when I played)

Maybe your server does!!!!

LOl
 Bismarck.Munky
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-08 14:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck is becoming popular or people are that bored and have nothing else to do on a Saturday. God! I'll envy you all if you're home right now and trolling on these forums and this thread.

Wish i didn't have to work today... : :
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-08 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Munky said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Maybe if I still played FFXI,

This is interesting...

Please continue.
I don't. I gave my character away back in October of last year and the person I gave it to quit on February so my character has been inactive since then. I set it so you could see my last AH sale if you don't believe me.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-05-08 14:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
If you want more CHR, sing 2x CHR song on you and break 120 total CHR.

I might be getting whooshed, but is this a jab at his poor debuff gear set, not being able to hit 120 on his own, or having time to sing 2 extra chr songs?
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-05-08 14:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Munky said:
Bismarck is becoming popular or people are that bored and have nothing else to do on a Saturday. God! I'll envy you all if you're home right now and trolling on these forums and this thread.

Why are you going back and forth between Bismarck and Ifrit characters for each post?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-08 14:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I might be getting whooshed, but is this a jab at his poor debuff gear set, not being able to hit 120 on his own, or having time to sing 2 extra chr songs?
All three. Seeing as how skill is next to useless for debuffs, there's no reason not to stack exclusively CHR and MACC, and he was doing it wrong in the first place.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-08 14:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Munky said:

You're right. I do have nothing better to do. After having a back breaking week at work, lugging around insanely obese cats that want nothing more than to put me in the hospital all week, I have nothing better to do than stream television and movies while trolling this forum.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 14:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

All three. Seeing as how skill is next to useless for debuffs, there's no reason not to stack exclusively CHR and MACC, and he was doing it wrong in the first place.

Skill isn't useless for debuffs...
 Bismarck.Munky
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-08 14:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I don't. I gave my character away back in October of last year and the person I gave it to quit on February so my character has been inactive since then. I set it so you could see my last AH sale if you don't believe me.

Can i have the link of your Journal so, i can save you the trouble on explaining to all of us your life & FFXI stories.

Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-08 14:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well, not useLESS, but just stupid to stack for them. One skill only gives .5 MACC after 400(?) total skill, so unless you can get twice as much skill in a slot, there's no reason to prioritize it over CHR.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-08 14:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Munky said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Can i have the link of your Journal so, i can save you the trouble on explaining to all of us your life & FFXI stories.

Why do you ask people to "continue" only to give a retard reply like that?

He hurt your e-feelings that much?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 14:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well, not useLESS, but just stupid to stack for them. One skill only gives .5 MACC after 400(?) total skill, so unless you can get twice as much skill in a slot, there's no reason to prioritize it over CHR.

Has this been proven anywhere? I'm pretty sure skill gives 0.9 Macc at all times, regardless of cumulative skill.

CHR is simple to cap too. Really it should go Macc > Skill > CHR

And if skill only gives 0.5, it gives the same amount of Macc as chr does
 Bismarck.Munky
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-08 14:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
You're right. I do have nothing better to do. After having a back breaking week at work, lugging around insanely obese cats that want nothing more than to put me in the hospital all week, I have nothing better to do than stream television and movies while trolling this forum.

I'm never right. Also, you sound more like you're in some dead end job that you started when you were 17. I'm just assuming by your post.

Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-08 14:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Munky said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

I'm never right. Also, you sound more like you're in some dead end job that you started when you were 17. I'm just assuming by your post.

Try again, champ.
 Bismarck.Munky
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-08 14:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

He did old man? It must be the shitty the job you have and the older you get the wiser you get.

Sounds about right?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-08 14:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Has this been proven anywhere? I'm pretty sure skill gives 0.9 Macc at all times, regardless of cumulative skill.

I can't cite a source, as I haven't really been concerned about BRD stuff in a while, but even so, if you're not capped in CHR (As whoever it is we're talking about wasn't) then CHR is at least twice as useful.
 Ifrit.Munkys
By Ifrit.Munkys 2010-05-08 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Try again, champ.

No need to try chief. :)
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-05-08 14:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Removed quote train, but you're both right (and wrong). It hasn't been proven anywhere that I know of, but you do get decreasing returns from skill > acc/att for melee jobs as your skill goes up, I would assume it is the same or similar for bard. It's highly unlikely that it is a static 0.9, because ~450 macc from skill alone is not plausible given the degree of resists bards can get. There is no "cap" for Chr where xtra chr becomes useless.
Personally I gear my debuff for MAcc > Chr > Skill

Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-08 14:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Munky said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

He did old man? It must be the shitty the job you have and the older you get the wiser you get.

Sounds about right?

Is this the part of the thread where you start to not make any sense? If so, why don't you just skip to the part where you call me whatever 4 letter word comes to mind, then storm off and cry in a corner.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-08 14:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I can't cite a source, as I haven't really been concerned about BRD stuff in a while, but even so, if you're not capped in CHR (As whoever it is we're talking about wasn't) then CHR is at least twice as useful.

Huh? I might be missing something here, but if skill is giving 0.5 macc, and chr is giving 0.5 macc surely it would be better to use the piece that gives you the overall better Macc.

Hence using AF+1 legs over Sha'ir legs for wind based debuffs
 Bismarck.Munky
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-08 14:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Why are you going back and forth between Bismarck and Ifrit characters for each post?

It's not on purpose and I'm at work. So, if my attention is need it i attend to reply people without looking on the name.