Evolution of the galka sparkbots
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-07 21:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They're learning. Growing. Evolving.

Most of the bots don't use galka for whatever reason, interesting to see a pack of them again.

Lately all the new ones have only been bsts and the occasional pack of thfs.
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2024-04-07 22:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme putting more rice on the table than Uncle Ben. As long as players like him exist spark botting will continue
[+]
By jubes 2024-04-07 23:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

they run salvage too, industrious fellas
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-08 01:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No wonder that Adoulin was smelling really bad that day.
By K123 2024-04-08 05:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What are they doing in Adoulin?
By Felgarr 2024-04-08 06:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotworks said: »
Galkapryme putting more rice on the table than Uncle Ben. As long as players like him exist spark botting will continue

What did Galkapryme do to hold so much power over you? o_o;

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lately all the new ones have only been bsts and the occasional pack of thfs.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary here. BSTs with a jug pet and a 119 axe has the lowest barrier for entry for fighting trash mobs. (You can do this with zero skill ups and have a formiddable 119 pet against trash mobs). THF is just great to have for TH, when farming. It's like you said, they're probably converting sparks/conquest points/whatever else they can get a hold of.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary here? Maybe they just got tired of looking at the same hume models over and over?
By GetHelpNerd 2024-04-08 07:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
What are they doing in Adoulin?
could have just been cashing in sparks before reset. they are just salvage bots though
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-08 08:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
I don't see anything out of the ordinary here? Maybe they just got tired of looking at the same hume models over and over?

Bot runners have tells/patterns. Galka are few and under represented in bots and in general,

I just found it amusing to spot a pack of them. Aside from the gustaberg bots, only ever spotted a rare pack of htmb mnk galka spammers in the wild.
(Ambu v2 bots this month are also galka)
By RadialArcana 2024-04-08 10:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotworks said: »

The demand will never go away.

So if you stop the sparks farmers, you just create an arms race that pushes up gil prices and that arms race eventually leads to account hacking. Considering how insanely easy to hack many XI players are with account sharing and downloading random stuff that's not a good idea.

The whole point of the STF isn't to stop RMT, it's to keep it dumb and happening in ways that don't cause big problems to normal players.

I would much prefer sparks botters than people spamming omen, unm, ambuscade or something that actually makes my play time more annoying.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-04-08 12:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The most frustrating part is I wanted to make a mule called Bgsdfjkfsdjkhf and it was taken
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-08 13:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the month of the galka, apparently
By Wordspoken 2024-04-08 13:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
The most frustrating part is I wanted to make a mule called Bgsdfjkfsdjkhf and it was taken
thanks. I haven't had a laugh like this in a while
[+]