Forum » FFXI » Escha » Domain Invasion speedkills
Domain Invasion speedkills
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2017-12-15 15:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just saw escha ruaun dragon get killed in 20 seconds, according to my timestamp logs (didn't take picture).

Anyone want to share their setup/strategy for fast kills?
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-12-15 16:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Brew?
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-15 16:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Many people.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2017-12-15 16:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was told just now it popped at 8%, so thats why it died so fast. Am still welcoming strategies for fast kills though.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2017-12-15 16:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It popped at really low HP from previous fight. .
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-12-15 16:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastest I've seen from 100% is probably 2-3 minutes. At that point you don't have time to build up any evaluations for points so get the minimum or just a little bit higher.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-15 17:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH SC+MB with a group of ~8 takes 90 sec-3 minutes. Until some *** with trusts comes in and makes it impossible to SC.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-15 17:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
SCH SC+MB with a group of ~8 takes 90 sec-3 minutes. Until some *** with trusts comes in and makes it impossible to SC.
Asura. Land of thy ***
By grumpette 2017-12-15 18:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
So I just saw escha ruaun dragon get killed in 20 seconds, according to my timestamp logs (didn't take picture).

There are 2 main purposes for killing Domain Invasion dragons:

1) Gear drops.
2) Beads.

The dragon themselves don't have the most interesting gear drops except for maybe a Sanctity necklace from Reisenjima dragon. Most well geared people who can zerg or burn a dragon likely already have that necklace from countless battles just to get 50k beads multiple times do start Aeonic weapons. Gear drops are random and don't rely on the bead amount or evaluation score.

Speed killing the dragon doesn't net max beads. You are lucky to get in 2 weapon skills when there is a special Domain Invasion campaign that gives extra boss drops from other NMs in the zone as the Reisenjima dragon tends to go down in 1-2 minutes. The fastest I have seen is about 50 seconds with about 20+ people and their trusts bashing away. You are lucky to come away with 200-400 beads during a domain invasion campaign. Max beads is about 1k per dragon kill. During a Domain Invasion campaign, people who need to farm beads will move to Escha Ruan or Zitah where it takes longer to kill the domain dragons because more people want Reisenjima drops so less interest in Ruan and Zitah dragons.

If your LS wants wants speedkill a domain dragon, Reisenjima is the easiest. However, once you speedkill that dragon using a zerg or burn method, it will attract solo players to the next spawn. It takes time to solo or duo a Domain Dragon. So when other players get the unity message that a domain dragon has been killed fast, they will know others are killing it and will hop on over. You don't own a domain dragon and can't make solo-ers go away just so you can skill chain without interruptions. Everyone has equal access to the domain dragons and can kill it anyway they see fit even if they interrupt someone's skill chain.

Also bear in mind, if your LS is going to speed kill a domain dragon for BEADS, support will get very little beads.

It's best for individuals to aim for max beads utilizing trusts and jobs that have fast DPS or heavy AOEs to wipe out adds.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-15 18:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also vorseals from the dragons.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2017-12-15 18:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
There's also vorseals from the dragons.

And this is the main reason, I'm looking to kill them occasionally out of domain campaign since I'm about 200 kill per zone and just want to max them out for completions sake, eventually
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Server: Phoenix
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2017-12-15 18:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Its my favorite way to build silt as well.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-15 19:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

grumpette said: »
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »

There are 2 main purposes for killing Domain Invasion dragons:

1) Gear drops.
2) Beads.

3) Farming Blessings to kill NMs much faster.
4) Aquiring [Regen,Refresh,Acc++] Vorseals.

The original question was about kill speed then I would assume they are asking for 1,3,4

If you want to farm beads (I use it for silt tbh) better be:
-Solo on [DRG>DNC>RUN>THF>COR>BLU] for max evaluation, the highest evaluation really comes from critical hits you can cap beads per fight if you get 150K+ evaluation.
If solo and on the above mentioned jobs your total evaluation can reach 485K so from that you should know that if you join in and saw more than 3 players expect to have lower count of beads.
If you can’t DRG for ancient circle + dragon breaker then use the Mithra DRG trust she will use it and makes the fight so much easier on you.

The trick for max evaluation is to mele with Max critical hit rate TP set (preferably Mummu+1/2 5/5) and even ring.

And best dragon to spam is Quetz. Stay on it’s tail and you won’t get terror and best trusts combo WHM, Arciela 1, Selh’ (Shekari Z),Qultada.
You can use Venom potions to counter sleep and hope your WHM trust will be too busy to remove it!
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-15 20:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage is spectacular at getting beads; they have high attack rate (especially with Temper II), they have non-trivial enspells that add to the magic damage category, get good amounts of crit rate gear, and have high MEVA and Barsleep to resist sleep.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-15 20:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll never cap beads unless the entire group is on the same page and doesn't speed kill.

Stay losing, Asura
[+]
 Asura.Giffor
user: Giffor
By Asura.Giffor 2017-12-16 04:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever the domain invasion campaigns go on i generally hop between Zitah and Ruanne. Because getting 1k beads isnt very possible. So i can get at least 400 every 15-20mins depending on kill speed. Sometimes i get 400 per character so 800 per cycle. So as long as you dont mind swapping zones multiple times its almost as much beads for quick kills. If you factor in a 15min kill solo plus 15 min respawn for 1000 Beads compared to 800 beads for 1-5min+15(repop)kills plus 2 (Kills) Towards vorseals its not too bad.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1209 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2021-04-07 23:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting fact that some may not have known about. Sorry for the necro, but this non-news didn't need its own new thread.

If you are capped and enter your next DI, even if you get the vanguard killshot /and/ the Wyrm killshot, you don't get any extra DI points. I had always wondered, and it is too difficult to tell on Asura because the stars had to line up just right to find out. This didn't deserve its own thread, but I thought I'd post in case anyone cared (smaller servers likely could have figured this out easily as some wyrms just sit there alone at times).

I kind of thought if you got killshots maybe you could go over the daily limit on DI points, but I guess not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-08 00:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The game literally tells you that any excess domain points are not counted.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2021-04-08 00:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Until the wyrm Mireu is involved and then you can get up to 200 so the rules seem kind of arbitrary which is why I was curious if the other "bonus" things you can do (kill shot on vanguard or wyrm) did anything. They don't.
By Pantafernando 2021-04-08 04:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this did deserve its own thread.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-08 06:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I think it pretty much sorted itself out... four years later.