Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-12-08 13:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
Quick question, is the personal pool thing strictly limited to the first kill or have people gotten stuff on successive kills?

It seems limited to the first kill for anyone in the zone, and has a cumulative effect on the pools of everyone in your alliance based on how many people are getting their "first kill".

In other words, the more people getting their first kill, the larger everyone's personal pool will be. On our first run, we all received ~8-12 items in each of our personal pools. Last night we did a run where only a random mule or two were getting their first kills, and everyone received a personal pool of one item. The smaller, subsequent pool was on my main character that has killed the statue multiple times.

Ok so killing the big Orc might not be worth it after you've done it once or twice. Our first kill everyone got showered with personal drops, after that was been ***and just wanted to see if that's what everyone else is experiencing.

I already told you it is S.E. posted on playonline they are aware of it and trying to fix it
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-08 13:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
Quick question, is the personal pool thing strictly limited to the first kill or have people gotten stuff on successive kills?

It seems limited to the first kill for anyone in the zone, and has a cumulative effect on the pools of everyone in your alliance based on how many people are getting their "first kill".

In other words, the more people getting their first kill, the larger everyone's personal pool will be. On our first run, we all received ~8-12 items in each of our personal pools. Last night we did a run where only a random mule or two were getting their first kills, and everyone received a personal pool of one item. The smaller, subsequent pool was on my main character that has killed the statue multiple times.

Ok so killing the big Orc might not be worth it after you've done it once or twice. Our first kill everyone got showered with personal drops, after that was been ***and just wanted to see if that's what everyone else is experiencing.

I already told you it is S.E. posted on playonline they are aware of it and trying to fix it

That was in relation to a bug where they had new people and still didn't get any drops. I'm talking about the personal drop pool being practically eliminated when everyone already has the win and what the time investment is vs just farming everything. Last night we got 1 beastmen medal, 4 kindred medals and 300 singles along with over a dozen voidfeet from just wiping out most of the zone post-statue kill. Several people are nearing completing of the +3 stage without first doing the +2 stage so we're thinking about farming voidshards pre-mid boss. Farming void items seems to be a faster if unpredictable way of doing upgrades. Really wish SE would upgrade the drop rates, make the void items 100% drops from their respective leaders at least.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-10 08:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurix time up seems to be tied to the statue. Kill statue first and he runs almost immediately after. Dont touch anything else and pounce aurix and he stays for about 30s. His warp does not seem stunnable to delay it.
[+]
By hobo 2017-12-10 21:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it consistent which leaders are at the specific statues? Like is it always Kagemusa and Cutpurse on top of the AH? I didn't pay attention until today, and lead my group to some fun death due to mijin

edit: was just informed on the maps on BG, wish I looked before we entered. Good to know
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-11 08:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did one of the first runs of Dynamis-Bastok [D] on Asura. Overall, this dynamis is much harder than Sandoria. Quadavs have a lot higher defense in general and some pulls are difficult to not link. Job combinations are overall the same as Sandoria's mobs with obvious new names. NMs do have access to Wrath of Gu'Dha. Squadron BST pets are bees. We tackled the right path to the mog house but there was just a few red statues on the way. I was told the mini-boss is near the zone to Bastok Markets and has several statues in the way of it. Will post a video on Youtube to showcase.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-11 10:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

did bastok, non-eye stat popped aurix, got him to 10% before he warped, didnt find him again. cleared mid-boss by bastok market zone,

couple notes:
pulling on non-magic mobs are SUPER resistant to magic dmg, Sandy MB damage was like 20k, Bastok = 1k.

on magic mode, mbs were doing 55-60k vs sandy always 99k.

Leaden can still 1-shot stats.

Mid-boss only thing that was taking massiev dmg, we were making light on him and t5/6 were hitting 99k and leaden was hitting 99k as well.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-11 14:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
Unmarked map if you still need it :

Would you happen to be able to get all the old Dynamis maps so I can use them to update wiki? Would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone else is able to provide the original dynamis maps unmarked.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-11 14:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
did bastok, non-eye stat popped aurix, got him to 10% before he warped, didnt find him again. cleared mid-boss by bastok market zone,

couple notes:
pulling on non-magic mobs are SUPER resistant to magic dmg, Sandy MB damage was like 20k, Bastok = 1k.

Mid-boss only thing that was taking massiev dmg, we were making light on him and t5/6 were hitting 99k and leaden was hitting 99k as well.

Does midboss do anything special? I remember the original boss doing Seismostomp, Lead Breath and casted Death.

Also, do you fight mini-boss at spawn? Repops occur on ramp when boss dies? How many statues are the way of boss on the ramp pre-kill? Clarify if you may please.

Lastly, concerning patch notes:

* When wave 3 starts, all remaining monsters from wave 2 will vanish when wave 2’s boss monster has been defeated. *

Does this mean after beating the Mega Boss (Not Mini-Boss) another wave of mobs appear and maybe the 2nd 30 min time ext? I'm assuming wave 1 is the initial zone pop, wave 2 is after mini boss dies and wave 3 is after mega boss dies. Need testing on this to see if Halphas in Sandy now grants a time extension and a new layout of mobs once he's defeated.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-11 14:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seismostomp and Lead Breath were the only 2 he used onus
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

couple notes:

Does midboss do anything special? I remember the original boss doing Seismostomp, Lead Breath and casted Death.

Also, do you fight mini-boss at spawn? Repops occur on ramp when boss dies? How many statues are the way of boss on the ramp pre-kill? Clarify if you may please.

Lastly, concerning patch notes:

* When wave 3 starts, all remaining monsters from wave 2 will vanish when wave 2’s boss monster has been defeated. *

Does this mean after beating the Mega Boss (Not Mini-Boss) another wave of mobs appear and maybe the 2nd 30 min time ext? I'm assuming wave 1 is the initial zone pop, wave 2 is after mini boss dies and wave 3 is after mega boss dies. Need testing on this to see if Halphas in Sandy now grants a time extension and a new layout of mobs once he's defeated.

Seismostomp and Lead Breath were the only 2 he used onus.

repops were up the ramp so there wasnt instant agro on re-pops or any concern there
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-12-11 20:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just beat Quadav boss, it's *** annoying... Slow and addle aura under 50% that gets stronger as his HP gets lower. Physical dmg is bad, magic is bad too. Took us about 30mins to kill it, maybe more. Used thunder, had 18, only 2 BLMS though, but all the supports. about 4 afk mules.

Best helix was 6k, under bolster and all the things, SV threnody, 2 Idris, frazzle 3 only lands with excessive spamage or SPs. Threnody isn't a problem. It's dark based like Halphas.

He's harder than Halphas IMO, at least more resistant to magic.

*edits

*more edits*

There was no 3rd wave after killing the Quadav mega boss.

We did n't have a lot of our top mages today, and could have been set up a little better. However, I strongly am inclined to think that the Quadav final boss might be best fought with pets.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 21:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a melee strat with going balls to the wall with haste buffs to counteract his slow aura work, do you think? SV March x3, and Idris Geo-Haste?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-12-11 21:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Just beat Quadav boss, it's *** annoying... Slow and addle aura under 50% that gets stronger as his HP gets lower. Physical dmg is bad, magic is bad too. Took us about 30mins to kill it, maybe more. Used thunder, had 18, only 2 BLMS though, but all the supports. about 4 afk mules.

Best helix was 6k, under bolster and all the things, SV threnody, 2 Idris, frazzle 3 only lands with excessive spamage or SPs. Threnody isn't a problem. It's dark based like Halphas.

*edits

*more edits*

We did n't have a lot of our top mages today, and could have been set up a little better. However, I strongly am inclined to think that the Quadav final boss might be best fought with pets.

This is extremely relevant to my interests.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-11 21:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the range on the aura, if you recall? It sounds quite nasty, so ranged or pets might be the way to go.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-12-11 22:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Aura was 25'. I was unable to get off two MB consistently given how much addle the aura gave. We tried both physical and magical throughout the fight based on people weakened and experimentation. Magic damage was occasionally curing him as if his MDB weren't present- like 20k t3 cures. The element of resistance would change and appeared to be both light and dark alignments at any given time. Thunder cured, water cured back to back for instance. Our damage spread by the end of the fight was SAM 20%, SMN 19%, BLM 17%, DRK 15%, SAM 13%, SMN 8% During 1000 fists he gains enstatus effects, occasionally he'd gain spikes that were petrifying. Just mean and annoying. It took us about 30 minutes or so to kill.
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
Server: Bahamut
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2017-12-11 22:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
What was the range on the aura, if you recall? It sounds quite nasty, so ranged or pets might be the way to go.

It was hitting the mages that were at max casting range for sure. Had a PUP a bit further than mages and it hit him as well, just not sure on exact distance, but assuming 30'-ish.

Edit: nvm! Warusha answered
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-11 22:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quadav could be different but Halphas has some kind of gradual resistance against physical BPs spam. Maybe it's not just BPs in general but I know that spamming the same BP on a short period results in a drastic drop in damage (starting from 10~15k to <2k for Volt Strike and Predator Claws). Rotating Chaotic Strike and Volt Strike during AC gives better results but it's still far from what a strong DD like WAR can do.
Also, for the sake of curiosty we tried to stack as many def down debuffs as possible on Halphas once (including level 10 Box Step and Armor Break) but damage didn't change much... I wonder if the level correction is present in Dynamis-Divergence.
That's being said, PD zerg works surprisingly well on Halphas, it should be the same for Quadav if Indi-Haste and SV March can bypass the Slow aura, it might works even better actually because no Counter this time.

Asura.Warusha said: »
Magic damage was occasionally curing him as if his MDB weren't present- like 20k t3 cures. The element of resistance would change and appeared to be both light and dark alignments at any given time. Thunder cured, water cured back to back for instance.
Could it be Aetherwell? I saw Blood Weapon on a JP video, maybe Hundred/Thousand Fists is his only new SP.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-11 22:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't suppose anyone bothered to try to cast a spell without gear to look at the recast timer?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-11 23:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, 25 yalm range is vicious. If the slow can be countered, though, MS zerg might be the way to go.

Papesse, I've noticed that same issue on the regular NMs as well, actually. Leaden starts at ~50k then gradually falls in potency very hard unless other forms of damage are dealt. I can drop all the way down to ~15k if we're just using Leaden, but putting in even one Wildfire can shoot it back up very quickly. The closest thing it reminds me of is that Craklaw NM from Shark Delve.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-12-11 23:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Could it be Aetherwell?
Yes thanks I forgot the ability name and I didn't check my log afterwards.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-12-11 23:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of drops are people getting killing Aurix on first try without it running away? We got this the other day:

We've killed Aurix with THF TH every run since release except the very 1st run and the most medals we've seen is 2, but that's with it running away at least once and mostly twice(since it runs nearly instantly after enraging the 2nd time if its HP is low). Thinking the number of times it has run could influence medal drop slots.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-11 23:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

*edits

*more edits*

No time extension from Quadav Mega Boss? If not, anyone found the 2nd time extension?
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-12-11 23:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have access to all the unmarked maps for all Dynamis areas? Would be greatly appreciated for making the new maps for the new areas.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 23:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC, Arm Block is defense +100% and overwrites Armor Break. Even if you had Bolster Idris Frailty (which is nerfed to 1/4 on Halphas), Light Shotted Dia II/III, Armor Break, and Maxed Box Step for -82.9% defense, as soon as he puts Arm Block up his defense goes all the way to +42.1%, which is more than 8 times what it was.

Plus, Halphas is dark element aligned, so he's extremely difficult to dispel for most jobs (don't know how finale works on him). I've heard that Full Break prevents Arm Block from working, but your war or drk has to be able to land it, and I haven't tested it myself.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-11 23:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm betting Full Break wouldn't be too bad to land with all the macc/acc gear WAR has these days, but I've never tested it. I'd imagine Finale would work well being light-based.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-11 23:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Damn, 25 yalm range is vicious. If the slow can be countered, though, MS zerg might be the way to go.

Papesse, I've noticed that same issue on the regular NMs as well, actually. Leaden starts at ~50k then gradually falls in potency very hard unless other forms of damage are dealt. I can drop all the way down to ~15k if we're just using Leaden, but putting in even one Wildfire can shoot it back up very quickly. The closest thing it reminds me of is that Craklaw NM from Shark Delve.

The accumulative magic resistance must be the true culprit in your case :
Quote:
An accumulative magic resistance effect has been implemented for monsters that /check as "impossible to gauge."

Affected Magic Types

The following magic types will trigger the accumulative magic resistance effect when used repeatedly on monsters whose strength is "impossible to gauge":
Black magic (elemental)
White magic (divine)
Ninjutsu
Magical Blood Pact abilities
Magical blue magic
Magical weapon skills (Spirits Within, Red Lotus, etc.)
Certain job abilities (Chi Blast, Mijin Gakure, etc.)

Resistance Fluctuation

When a monster with accumulative magic resistance is hit by a magic attack, the amount of damage it receives will decrease in accordance with that monster's resistance. At the same time, its resistance will increase.

The monster's resistance will increase in accordance with the amount of damage incurred, but each monster has a maximum resistance level.
What I'm seeing on Halphas is something totally new but somewhat close to that. I'm not sad or surprised btw but rather intrigued.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-11 23:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I should have been more thorough in my experience. I spoke specifically from my viewpoint, as I'm COR 99% of the time, but I've also had shell members report they've noticed the same kind of issues with physical WSs as well. There's always going to be larger variance with physical damage in comparison, but people have mentioned Savage at relatively similar TP values having drastically different results.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 23:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical fluctuations on NMs could also be due to Arm Block/Shell Guard going up and down.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-11 23:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've definitely thought of that, as well, but even without the NMs gaining a buff or one of ours dropping, people have still mentioned encountering the same issue. Has anyone else noticed large damage variance on NMs aside from Halphas, or are my shellmates *** with me?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-12 00:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
IIRC, Arm Block is defense +100% and overwrites Armor Break. Even if you had Bolster Idris Frailty (which is nerfed to 1/4 on Halphas), Light Shotted Dia II/III, Armor Break, and Maxed Box Step for -82.9% defense, as soon as he puts Arm Block up his defense goes all the way to +42.1%, which is more than 8 times what it was.

Plus, Halphas is dark element aligned, so he's extremely difficult to dispel for most jobs (don't know how finale works on him). I've heard that Full Break prevents Arm Block from working, but your war or drk has to be able to land it, and I haven't tested it myself.
Arm Block increases defense by 25%, not sure for Bilateral Shield. Full Break debuff hits every time with SV Wind Threnody II and Flamma set, our WAR use it on all our Halphas runs. The duration is very good too, unlike what wiki says the debuffs last 12 min at 3k TP.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2017-12-12 00:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The Quadav Megaboss puts up the glowing shell/aura under 50% like in MT2, and just like it, dmg from behind does 0 dmg, dmg from the front works, but it's ore toss-TP move variant is cone, and takes more than 1 shadow sometimes, we saw it use twice in a row (back to back), more than once. I was on a geo mule, just running in to position and ore toss hit me for 1899 dmg with 40sh PDT/DT mix. I'm curious if the glowing shell/aura goes down with blunt dmg like in MT2, we only had slashing jobs on it (SAM and RUN) as main DDs, I'll probably go war and check it out next time.

I can land full break on Halphas, on a regular basis w/o threnody, won't say it's 50/50, slightly lower, but with how fast TP flows, its not a problem, so long as you WS in Macc gear (mostly flamma +2) on a side note, Ukko's Fury slow lands easier than full break's debuff.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30